Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2001 7:37:51 PM EDT
Never read the books but the movie looks good. I am always fascinated by wizardry and arcane stuff. Guess that why I like Dungeons and Dragons games and books.

You guys think it might be worth the $7.00
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't see the movie trailers yet, but the books are a fun, easy read. Go to the library and check them out. I borrowed daughters and now [b]I'm[/b](???) eagerly waiting the next book.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The closest I've ever come to that kind of stuff is a Steven King novel.  As I remember it was pretty good, but in general it's not my fav.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Lordtrader...You're going to HELL! If you see that movie!
JohnnyGTylor and Cat are already on their way![}:)] BWAAHAHAHAHAHA
I'll see you all there!
I have to miss tomorrow night's grand showing in our little theater, but my wife and daughter are going (but THEY'RE not going to HELL![O:)] )
I have to work so I'll go when the crowd's die down. My daughter was reading the books as soon as they came out, she was seven then. My wife and I kept complaining that she was reading ahead of us.
WSmac
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
A co-worker's daughter's class got a sneek preview screening on Sunday. He got to go and said it was the best film he'd ever seen. Of course, with two daughters 10 and 7 I am willing to bet he hasn't seen much above a 5th grade level in 10 years.

I loved the books, but then again I was always into the sci-fi fantasy stuff. Dragonriders or Pern and Dune type stuff.

I will not try this weekend, but sometime before xmas I will see it.

Also looking forward to Lord of the Rings.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 10:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:50:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought you we're on the prowl for hotties?.....young ones?..BWaaaaaaaaa![rolleyes]...hey I like little green army guys!
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:42:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Read all the books, definitely plan on going to the movie! It should be worth it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm taking my girlfriend's kids to it tomorrow night. mmk
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Harry Potter is evil.

Ok, seriously, the trailers I saw would likely scare the dickens out of any child younger than 14.

My next two movie possibles will be "Spy Game" and that other movie with Gene Hackman. Is it called "In Harms Way" or something like that???
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I haven't read the books (the last books I read were the Enders' Game series and now the Left Behind stuff), nor do I plan on seeing the movie.  I'll go see Monster's Inc. with my daughter now that all the rugrats will be crowding Harry Potter.

Maybe it's just me, but hasn't the whole children as magicians in school concept been done?  Doesn't anyone remember "The Worst Witch?"  I've never been into the fantasy genre, but I've always enjoyed good sci-fi.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I wonder what the Catholic churches views are going to be concerning this movie....since the books are so popular has the church spoken out against them?
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ok, seriously, the trailers I saw would likely scare the dickens out of any child younger than 14.
View Quote

Can we keep the foul language to a minimum.

Also, LT and DVD both play D&D.....I am just suprised I guess.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Harry Potter is evil.

My next two movie possibles will be "Spy Game" and that other movie with Gene Hackman. Is it called "In Harms Way" or something like that???
View Quote

"Behind Enemy Lines"
Looks to be a good movie.  [url]http://www.movie-list.com/b/behindenemylines.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I was seeing this girl and she had a daughter who was really into Harry Potter a while back. While we were together I read one of the books - I thought it was pretty cool. I am gonna see the movie.

Hey LT, I played Dungeons & Dragons for many, many years.

Tyler
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I didn't play D&D, but I played Cyberpunk, the Star Wars RPG, and Earthdawn through college.  We actually got cute non-conformist chicks to play with us, which was nice.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Never read the books but the movie looks good. I am always fascinated by wizardry and arcane stuff. Guess that why I like Dungeons and Dragons games and books.

You guys think it might be worth the $7.00
View Quote

It's aimed at kids.  Just wait for the lord of the rings coming to theaters in a month.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"Behind Enemy Lines"
Looks to be a good movie.  [url]http://www.movie-list.com/b/behindenemylines.shtml[/url]
View Quote

[puke]
I was laughing at the commercials
for this film due to
the barrage of stereotypical
sound bites of moronic sounding
monosyllabic military wannabe jargon.

Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Saw it today for $4.50 a head, no lines, and plenty of seating.  When we came out though, the line to get in was HUGE!  

The movie's pretty good, though I think the book-on-tape version was better (That voice actor is amazing).

Enjoyable and worth seeing, but not one I'll see again and again.  I'm hoping they do a more polished job in Lord of the Rings, whose trailer was awsome.

As a side note, anyone see the Star Wars II trailer?  Is it just me, or does this epesode look really bad?

-Clay
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Love D&D and same type of RPG computer games, as well as books.

My favorite authors are Raymond Feist, Robert Jordan, JRR Tolkien (can't wait for the LOTR movies), Terry Goodkind, Ed Greenwood(author of Elminster Series), David Eddings,.......

When playing I alway went with Human mage characters. Although I have played dual classes before. Best one I've had have been a human Fighter/Mage. A bitch to get up in levels. What I did is bump up his Fighter skills first to where he was decent. Then started working on his mage skills. At about level 13 my boy was awesome. Tried that same character on Baldurs Gate, but for some reason at that game this character was getting creamed. I have been playine Age of wonders for 1 1/2 now trying out different characters, so far I am still playing the game and nowhere near finihed.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#22]
That's all we need now, is a another generation believing in witchcraft and all that BS.

If you read up the NWO, their hallmark signature is the occult.

They are prepping the youngins for the NWO.

It is just like religion, it was created to control the masses.

Sorcery, demons, devils, astrology etc., are all part of the agenda. Dungeons, torture, execution.

When these kids grow up, they won't have any trouble chopping off the heads of anyone who opposes their beliefs... Does this sound familiar?

Waterdog
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#23]
The books are good, but they're not really that scary. They're halfway between "the hobbitt" and "charlie and the chocolate factory."
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Just got back and it was worth it.  28th Level cleric (apollo) played the same character for 8 years or so.

Pray for the dead and the dead will pray for you!!

SRM
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Harry Potter Rocks
Helps kids read
I loved them all.
Taking my family,cousins,nephew tomorrow.
Today is FOOTBALL
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Someone was telling me about the new HP movie last night;  she went to see it yesterday.  She wasn't impressed -- too many special effects, and she didn't like the casting.

Oh well, when it hits the $3 theaters, I'll go. . . .
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I     CAN'T     BELIEVE    I    AM    SAYING    THIS   .................   BUT   I    JUST      SAW      THE     MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't read the books, but I thought, "I have GOT to see what all the hype is about."  Funny thing is, the wife and I rarely get to go out to the movies (last movie we saw in the theater was in June!).

Actually, the movie was great!  The cinematography was awesome, and good acting, plot, etc.  Quite enjoyable.  I can't believe I am admitting it, but it was really good.

Worth the $7.00.  Even my wife liked it (see hates movies).
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top