BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 5:55:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The national guard does not have drill instructors. Makes me wonder how many more facts the WND got wrong.

Apparently he had been a drill instructor, and is now in the guard. or so I interpreted
from his thread.  Arfcom Username: Bladerunner2347

A former drill instructor now serving in the NG. Like i said WND isnt great on getting the facts straight.

I'd be willing to bet they get more correct than traditional mainstream media.

Just a week or so ago, the mainstream media reported that both "pilots" ejected from an F-18 just before or just after a midair collision with another F-18.  They reported that the other F-18 had just one pilot who also ejected safely.

Many of the commentors on the story were confused as to why one F-18 would have two "pilots".  The people who write such stories are likely to be ill informed former "English" majors or, even worse, "Communications" majors in college.  They can't be expected to know or even be interested enough to find out that one of the "pilots" on the twin "piloted" F-18 is a weapons officer.  

Most of what you read in any newspaper is wrong and not just on technical details.  A lack of basic knowledge often shifts the final conclusion of the article in the wrong direction.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:02:33 AM EDT
[#2]
It is the invariable habit of bureaucracies, at all times and everywhere, to assume...that every citizen is a criminal. Their one apparent purpose, pursued with a relentless and furious diligence, is to convert the assumption into a fact. They hunt endlessly for proofs, and, when proofs are lacking, for mere suspicions. The moment they become aware of a definite citizen, John Doe, seeking what is his right under the law, they begin searching feverishly for an excuse for withholding it from him.
H.L. Mencken
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:14:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:15:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
[snip]

WHY DO PEOPLE BELIVE WorldNetDaily?!?!

Av.

Because they're afraid it's true.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

© 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

Got any other source besides WND?  I cannot find anything but them.

God damn it, it happened.  There's like a fucking sixty page thread on it.

Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Just another right that is slowly being stripped away.  Nothing new to see here.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:37:49 AM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
The BATFE needs defunded.  Yesterday.

Well unfortunately, the BATFE is under the democrat controlled congress.  Oh wait....
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:41:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I call BS.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:43:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The national guard does not have drill instructors. Makes me wonder how many more facts the WND got wrong.

Apparently he had been a drill instructor, and is now in the guard. or so I interpreted
from his thread.  Arfcom Username: Bladerunner2347

A former drill instructor now serving in the NG. Like i said WND isnt great on getting the facts straight.

I'd be willing to bet they get more correct than traditional mainstream media.

Just a week or so ago, the mainstream media reported that both "pilots" ejected from an F-18 just before or just after a midair collision with another F-18.  They reported that the other F-18 had just one pilot who also ejected safely.

Many of the commentors on the story were confused as to why one F-18 would have two "pilots".  The people who write such stories are likely to be ill informed former "English" majors or, even worse, "Communications" majors in college.  They can't be expected to know or even be interested enough to find out that one of the "pilots" on the twin "piloted" F-18 is a weapons officer.  

Most of what you read in any newspaper is wrong and not just on technical details.  A lack of basic knowledge often shifts the final conclusion of the article in the wrong direction.

Add in that WND has broken a ton of stories the MSM have either ignored or downplayed.  In some cases the MSM plagiarized WND.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:44:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Hmm.  Are CCI/Federal/etc. primers soft enough to turn an SKS into a "machine gun?"  We reload 7.62x39 for ours and haven't had any slam-fires so far, but we don't do a lot of volume.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I used to read WND every day.  They're not bad most of the time, but I stopped after I got tired of all the "ZOMGSHTFWTFBBQ!!11!!" stories that turned out to be mostly factually correct but were slanted to produce a certain reaction among conservatives.

When dealing with WND you sometimes need to take that into account.  In this case, I'd like to read another source before I freak out, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:47:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I have an electric knife in my kitchen, I guess it is full auto so I will go to jail.

BTW Fuck the cops that were at the range their dumb ass' need a beat down. If it was the range owner I would reserve the right to tell them to not step a foot in the range again.

Ron Paul would disband the BATF.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:51:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm still reading both threads, but it sounds like the guy was making rifles that would flip over to what would be the burst or FA position on an M16 series weapon and then subsequently fire in FA. Sounds like more than a matter of the ammo being used in the test or a worn sear.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Scary thought...
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I followed Bladerunner2347's thread from the begining.

Sad, but true.

GM
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#16]
You mean local cops didn't know shit about firearms?

Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:02:02 AM EDT
[#17]
They are correct about Oly, I had one of their rifles slip in and out of full auto at the range.
I broke it down and cound not find any cause.
Oly replaced the rifle with a new one.
Scary shit if this story is true but....WND?
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You mean local cops didn't know shit about firearms?

they certainly didn't in Berlin, WI....

Luckily the ATF was available to give them incorrect information.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:05:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Again go read the thread under the legal section titled "Update on the Berlin ATF raid"

Has anyone assembled an AR and forgotten a part like say a disconnecter spring?  Did that once on my first build and the damn thing doubled on me.  Guess what, I built a machinegun by accident and according to ATF in this trial I should be in jail.

Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Not WND fault. There was a miscomunication from the start on that. I am a instructor in the reserves. 3/339/9 98th DIV (IT).
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:11:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm still reading both threads, but it sounds like the guy was making rifles that would flip over to what would be the burst or FA position on an M16 series weapon and then subsequently fire in FA. Sounds like more than a matter of the ammo being used in the test or a worn sear.

Not true. I would help others assemble ar's if they needed it. No M16 parts were ever used. I did post a compleat invintory of what the ATF took so you can check.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
They are correct about Oly, I had one of their rifles slip in and out of full auto at the range.
I broke it down and cound not find any cause.
Oly replaced the rifle with a new one.
Scary shit if this story is true but....WND?

It can happen (with all AR15 parts) if you are missing parts or the rifle  is built incorrectly.  

This guy's case hinged on information the ATF has that would prove him innocent.  The ATF did not produce this evidence because they used some BS claim about private tax information preventing from producing it.  Unlike TV trials this one only lasted a day or so and for reasons I can't remember his lawyer did not force the issue with the ATF.  

They ATF also attempted to discredit the defendant's expert witness Len Savage.  In addition they would not let him examine the so called "machinegun."

One of my favorite parts - after the ATF failed to get the rifle to fire full auto using normal ammo they asked the techs to shoot it with soft primer ammo and the rifle malfunctioned jamming it up but it fired two or three rounds in succession when this happened.  That is how they convicted this guy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#23]
The jury that convicted him should be the first group to be hung, right before the ATF agents.

The juries that are seated seem to refuse to exercise any independent thought.  

the ATF was out to get Bladerunner and had beenout to get him for many years.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Bladerunner, I'm wondering if I have you confused with someone else.
Have you ever pursued investment opportunities with the world bank?
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Again go read the thread under the legal section titled "Update on the Berlin ATF raid"

Has anyone assembled an AR and forgotten a part like say a disconnecter spring?  Did that once on my first build and the damn thing doubled on me.  Guess what, I built a machinegun by accident and according to ATF in this trial I should be in jail.

And your exact address is?
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:22:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

They indeed do have Drill Sergeants and Training Instructors (Officers) at the State Military Academy's. They also have Drill Sergeants that train PreIAT soldiers that drill before going to Basic Training and these Drill Sergeants will go to a recruit training base to train soldiers for their Annual Training.

This is a load of shit. This rifle malfunctioned and ATF calls it a machinegun?
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not true. I would help others assemble ar's if they needed it. No M16 parts were ever used. I did post a compleat invintory of what the ATF took so you can check.

Not intending to be snarky here, but does your defense attorney know you're posting information about your criminal case on an internet forum?
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I second the motion.

Is it a tax or a law enforcement agency? It seems to not be very efficient at either (unless one counts negative publicity as a good thing).

then vote ron paul

Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:36:29 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
This is a load of shit. This rifle malfunctioned and ATF calls it a machinegun?

And the design was approved for sale and manufacture by ATF.
They are the governing body and legally accepted experts.
Sounds like causatory neglegence via failed due diligence.

It's ATF's fault that this happened.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:39:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And your exact address is?

SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm not home right now anyway!

How many people on this board have said "my rifle doubled or tripled on me at the range?"  Its a pretty common thing mentioned on the AR forums.

Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#31]
List of Assholes involved:

Fuck the cops first and foremost who siezed the weapon. Fuck the ATF assholes who probably never actually got the thing to fire in full auto but instead just signed their name anyway. Fuck the Prosecutor for going to trial on this case. Fuck the idiot Recruit for taking a bribe from the ATF to testify against the instructor.

The only person who is not an asshole lowlife cock sucking fuck is the instructor who was trying to help a recruit train with a weapon and was kind enough to lend it to him.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 7:56:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Completely fucking stupid.

Fuck the ATF.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#33]
what a crock of shit!
a buddies AR does the same thing with my reloads when i was using civilian primers. how the FUCK is a slamfire or any other malfunction, DANGEROUS MIND YOU(to the gun and operator), considered a machine gun. dont you have to have intent and physicaly try to make the weapon fire more than one round a trigger pull?
this is re fucking diculous
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#34]
If this is true,

I seriously can't wait for the day the BATFE burns down.

They probably get off ruining the lives of law abiding firearms owners.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Has anyone assembled an AR and forgotten a part like say a disconnecter spring?

I did on my second build...everything was fine until I dumped the last 8 rds out of a 20 rd mag.

I guess that I am lucky that I am not a felon.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
There is NOTHING in the WI papers.

The WorldNet Daily is the ONLY news source listed in Google News.

No cases in the WI court website.

WHY DO PEOPLE BELIVE WorldNetDaily?!?!

Av.

Cause Bladerunner247 has been giving us updates on this case for 3 years?
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Has anyone assembled an AR and forgotten a part like say a disconnecter spring?

I did on my second build...everything was fine until I dumped a 20 rd mag.

I guess that I am lucky that I am not a felon.

Doesn't it feel nice knowing that the ATF would have no problem ruining your life over that?

How anyone could even tolerate the decayed pieces of malaria infected fecal matter at the ATF, is beyond me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#38]
BATF is the enemy of the American people.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#39]
The ATF are cocksuckers.  Plain.  Simple.

Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[
Is it a tax or a law enforcement agency? It seems to not be very efficient at either (unless one counts negative publicity as a good thing).

Whatever.

This post doesn't surprise me in the least.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

But but but but all the local guys are real nice guys and good to work with!  What about their jobz!!!11!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:42:20 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But but but but all the local guys are real nice guys and good to work with!  What about their jobz!!!11!!

Fuck. Them.

This agency is out to fuck over whomever they can on whatever bullshit they can get to stick to the wall when they fling it.

Fuck.  Them.  Sideways.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't be nothing more than happier, if every piece of shit in the ATF thinking they "make a difference," lived out on the street.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#44]
I CAN'T wait to vote from the roof tops. I read Kennedy, that was enough. Fucking cunts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

© 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

Got any other source besides WND?  I cannot find anything but them.

+1
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

Whatever.

This post doesn't surprise me in the least.

It shouldnt.  I actually work with the guys so I have a bit more understanding of what they do than someone just ranting about a news story.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Is today Idiot day?
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#48]
The OP should put a link to the original thread in his first post.

This thread weaponforums.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=6&t=507483 has been updated constanly since October 2006.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...like a "jam" causing three rounds to fire.  

Maybe you should learn to fucking read instead of spouting your mouth off exhibiting your ignorance in blatant detail.  Since reading comprehension seems a little light, I've reposted the relevant section:

"He went to put in another magazine and the rifle shot three times, then jammed," Savage said."

NOTE: A jam didn't cause three rounds to fire, the weapon malfunctioned, fired three rounds, and then jammed.

Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The OP should put a link to the original thread in his first post.

This thread weaponforums.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=6&t=507483 has been updated constanly since October 2006.

This thread should be locked and the original thread should be tacked.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=6&t=507483&page=1

Not the lite version.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top