Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/30/2007 3:01:38 AM EDT
Never saw vids, just still photos and thought they barely fired any rounds.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUaoil0wsyU

Good for them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:51:14 AM EDT
[#1]
At least they have the balls to defend their stuff.  Big props to them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Could happen any where

Good for them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:54:54 AM EDT
[#3]
That made me smile

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:55:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Needs more 'rifle'.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:56:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Needs more 'rifle'.

+1`hopefully they got some good hits on target.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:56:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Never saw vids, just still photos and thought they barely fired any rounds.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUaoil0wsyU

Good for them.

Fuck yeah!!  Good for them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:57:10 AM EDT
[#7]
At least they didn't get brought up on charges.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:57:56 AM EDT
[#8]
does it sound like a burst of full auto to anyone else?

(briefly at the begining of the gun fire).
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:02:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, the anti-gunners can try to tell these people we don't need guns since the police will protect us.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:10:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Needs more 'rifle'.

Yep.

Good nonetheless.

ETA: I like how they parked their cars in a semi-circle around the storefront. You guys catch that? A modern-day "circling of the wagons" to help keep the savages at bay.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:12:22 AM EDT
[#11]
There were a few news videos of Koreans with Uzis/AKs going cyclic on people, one Korean forgot to wear a bandana covering his face and he was charged for possessing an unregistered full-auto Uzi.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:21:34 AM EDT
[#12]
A real life, no holds barred SHTF situation. I am glad they were able to defend themselves and their shops from the roving bands of thugs and looters.

But I must say, some of those comments left their are well,
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:22:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Completely understandably, and justifiable.

Korean shop-owners were deliberately targeted by the rioters in many cases, and the police were completely overwhelmed.

But I agree about the "more rifle" comment.  Effective pistol range (at least when shooting one-handed on-the-move) is practically molotov cocktail range.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:23:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Wonder what their screen names are?

Jk. In all do seriousness good for them, way to protect your shit.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:24:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
But I agree about the "more rifle" comment.  Effective pistol range (at least when shooting one-handed on-the-move) is practically molotov cocktail range.
Koreans are required to serve 3 years in the Army, from the pictures I saw, everyone with a rifle was on a roof.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:33:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I told you guys...The Koreans are crazy Mofo. When lawless comes, guns rule !
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:33:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Koreans are required to serve 3 years in the Army, from the pictures I saw, everyone with a rifle was on a roof.

Kharn

Didn't see it in that video... but it would make sense that they'd have their long-rifles in an overwatch position.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:40:00 AM EDT
[#18]
they were not prosecuted because the local government did not want to show that "yes having a evil black rifle is a good thing here is video proof"
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:44:40 AM EDT
[#19]
If it was New Orleans, they would have been disarmed to make it safe for the looters & rioters.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:46:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If it was New Orleans, they would have been disarmed to make it safe for the looters & rioters.

I highly doubt any Korean would just hand over their last means of defense.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:53:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Nicely done.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:00:02 AM EDT
[#22]

That's badass.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:00:18 AM EDT
[#23]
  I wouldnt be surprised if a few folks in that neighborhood
in LA have actual video footage that will never see the light of
day.  That guy in the tan vest was awesome.

Requires a youtube acct:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltWCBDinSxI
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:06:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:07:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I highly doubt any Korean would just hand over their last means of defense.

I hope you are correct.

-K
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:09:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Here is another video of the riots that will raise the hair on the back of your neck.

And people wonder why we stockpile weapons and ammo . . .

God Bless those Korean folks for having giant-sized balls.

CMOS

ETA: all your page 2 are mine . . .
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:32:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Maybe if you can't ccw it's a good idea to have a piece at work, so if the SHTF while you are at work you still have some defense.

That situation would be a perfect oppertunity to use a scoped rifle to great effect.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:40:27 AM EDT
[#28]
There are some people in this world that you shouldn’t screw with, and the Koreans are on that list.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:49:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Korean shop-owners were deliberately targeted by the rioters in many cases, and the police were completely overwhelmed.

I guess "overwhelmed" and "retreated to the safety of the stationhouse" are the same thing??  The police were nowhere to be seen--they pulled back and left them to their own devices.  It was later reported about four hundred-some dead--that video is how they died.  Should have been more.  

I'd say one is a result of the other.  Unless you had hundreds of officers in riot gear, there was no way you were going to quell that crowd.  The police were unprepared for what happened.

What's an absolute unrestrained laugh-riot (heh) is the ACLU woman in aaron_fsp's video (approx 1:04 into it) agitating for more of a police response... this from the very organization that's filed more lawsuits, put on more press conferences, and generally done everything in its power to tie the hands of LE.

Who do we hear throwing verbal brick-bats at the police for "abuse" and "excessive force" every time there's a civil disturbance?  The ACLU.

My irony meter is pegged.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:52:55 AM EDT
[#30]
He certainly wasnt afraid to defend himself

Quoted:
  I wouldnt be surprised if a few folks in that neighborhood
in LA have actual video footage that will never see the light of
day.  That guy in the tan vest was awesome.

Requires a youtube acct:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltWCBDinSxI
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Public service annoucment

if you cant watch Youtube at work..  < like me today..  >  

www.zamzar.com/url/

converts it to something your WM can play..

sure it a few extra clicks..   but it beats waiting to get home ..  
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:55:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I wonder how many rioters shit their pants when the people they were trying to harm suddenly opened up a hail of lead on them.

It gives me the warm fuzzies.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

Didn't see it in that video... but it would make sense that they'd have their long-rifles in an overwatch position.

Some old news footage will show this.  The camera crews were also on the roofs
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:59:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
There are some people in this world that you shouldn’t screw with, and the Koreans are on that list.

My is a Vietnam Vet.

He told me the very same thing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#35]
It's just property.... they should have left it behind and let the looters take it!  No store is worth a mans life!

[bleeding heart mode off]

Good on 'em.  I can only hope a few of those animals died surprised when they stopped being able to beat the hell out of the defenseless.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Needs more 'rifle'.

Wonder what the body count was?
I don't remember hearing how many people were shot.

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#37]
The police may have been overwhelmed but it doesn't look to me like the Koreans were any better armed than the standard police and they seemed to have managed the situation somewhat.

I do recall seeing some of that footage on the news during the riots.  A real life example of what we individuals need to be prepared for should we find ourselves in such a situation.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Needs more 'rifle'.

The Koreans didn't shoot directly at the rioters, they shot at their foot, causing many of the rioters to flee.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:12:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Is robbing a looter illegal?
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:12:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Ramona Ripston(ACLU) "Had the police department acted quickly, there would have been far less burning, looting, um if the police had been quick to respond."  Isn't the opposite of what the ACLU usually wants.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:17:47 AM EDT
[#42]
that was awesome
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Needs more 'rifle'.

According to the end of the one of the videos, 59 dead.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Ramona Ripston(ACLU) "Had the police department acted quickly, there would have been far less burning, looting, um if the police had been quick to respond."  Isn't the opposite of what the ACLU usually wants.

Funny, isn't it?

Knowing the ACLU's aversion to the use of force, I wonder what their idea of "acted quickly" would have been?  Gather everybody around in a discussion circle?  Talk to the angry gangsta thugs?  Put some of that much-touted "conflict resolution" training into play?

It probably goes without saying, but they're NOT my go-to-guys for advice on what police "should have done."
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

Koreans are now only required to serve two years in the military. they are speaking japanese in the vid
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:33:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
The police may have been overwhelmed but it doesn't look to me like the Koreans were any better armed than the standard police and they seemed to have managed the situation somewhat.

I do recall seeing some of that footage on the news during the riots.  A real life example of what we individuals need to be prepared for should we find ourselves in such a situation.

I remember that truck driver that got pulled out of his truck and beat almost to death - just because he was white... one reason I have a gun on my ankle...
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:44:12 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOzQQEJqiok&feature=related

He's truely pissed...I like the guy!
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember that truck driver that got pulled out of his truck and beat almost to death - just because he was white... one reason I have a gun on my ankle...

Reginald Denny.  A thug named Damien "Football" Williams bashed his head in with a brick.  The video was captured from a helicopter.

IIRC, Chief Gates went and arrested Williams personally.

When he was being arrested, Williams taunted Gates about losing his job, saying "Chief Gates, you're gone."

Gates replied "Yes, Football... but you're going first."

************ Edit **************

Williams was sentenced to ten years for "felony mayhem," but only served four years.  He was later convicted of murder for killing a drug dealer, and sent back for 30-year-to-life.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#49]
It wasn't just the Koreans defending their property with weapons during the riots.  They were the only ones who were videotaped extensively due to them being targeted.  All these videos were taken pretty early on during the riots.  Most of the news crews bugged out late morning on the second day.

I spent night #2 on the rooftop of a family members store close to downtown.  There were 3 of us and over the course of the night, we fired 20-30 "warning shots" as roving gangs of looters were all over the place trying to break into the stores.  The stupid dumbasses were all carrying flashlights making perfect targets in the pitch dark.  It would have been easy to drop most of them but a shot over the heads moved them along nicely.  Only one time did someone shoot back (pistol) but we couldn't tell where the shot came from.  

Shortly after sunrise a Marine patrol (of all things) showed up from Pendleton.  It was pretty quiet after that.

One hairy experience to say the least.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Reginald Denny.  A thug named Damien "Football" Williams bashed his head in with a brick.  The video was captured from a helicopter.

IIRC, Chief Gates went and arrested Williams personally.

When he was being arrested, Williams taunted Gates about losing his job, saying "Chief Gates, you're gone."

Gates replied "Yes, Football... but you're going first."

************ Edit **************

Williams was sentenced to ten years for "felony mayhem," but only served four years.  He was later convicted of murder for killing a drug dealer, and sent back for 30-year-to-life.
I believe "Mr Football" has died of natural causes."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top