Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2007 6:55:53 PM EDT
Does anyone know the history of the company?

I am watching a film on UNCTV, called "Valentia: Mexican-Americans In World War II." (Linky)
The Vets stated that they were called the "Bushmasters". The Company Symbol they used looked EXACTLY like the bushmaster snake on BM's lowers.

Does anyone know anything on this?

BTW: Google turned up this
from this website www.angelfire.com/md2/patches/infantry.html

ETA they were the 158th Infantry Regiment
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never seen any kind of history on the firearm comapny.
And yes the Snake is a bushmaster.

*Maybe* the company was founded by Vets, who were Mexican?

Now I am just really curious if and what kind of connection there is.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#2]
bump, someone has got to kow
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
About Bushmaster

Founded in 1978, Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC, Inc. is the leading supplier of AR15type rifles in the United States. We manufacture both aluminum and advanced carbon-fiber-based AR15type rifles and accessories and our products are known for quality, reliability, accuracy, durability, and value.

Bushmaster firearms are used by hundreds of police departments and law enforcement organizations nationwide, by the military of more than 50 countries worldwide, in private security and safety applications, and by consumers for hunting, recreation, competition, and home defense and security. We are headquartered in Windham, Maine, with manufacturing facilities in Windham, Maine, Lake Havasu, Arizona and a R&D Facility in Dallas, Georgia.

Link Posted: 9/30/2007 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I know Bushmaster LLC used to be know as Sendra
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
About Bushmaster

Founded in 1978, Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC, Inc. is the leading supplier of AR15type rifles in the United States. We manufacture both aluminum and advanced carbon-fiber-based AR15type rifles and accessories and our products are known for quality, reliability, accuracy, durability, and value.

Bushmaster firearms are used by hundreds of police departments and law enforcement organizations nationwide, by the military of more than 50 countries worldwide, in private security and safety applications, and by consumers for hunting, recreation, competition, and home defense and security. We are headquartered in Windham, Maine, with manufacturing facilities in Windham, Maine, Lake Havasu, Arizona and a R&D Facility in Dallas, Georgia.

That is a description, not a history
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
About Bushmaster

That is a description, not a history

it had the founding date listed! more info than anyone else posted!
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Found this "Sendra was a contractor for the military supplying M-16 parts in the 1960's. In the 1970’s "
Here.... www.oldguns.net/q&a.htm#12817

Help me out people! this sounds like I might be on to something
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Bushmaster logo since at least 1981:

Bushmaster was known as "Quality Parts Inc" for the longest time, and AFAIK, has never been affiliated with Sendra.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Progress! Thanx, i'll look into that too
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah I dont think they ever had anything to do with Sendra
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Found this PDF about Bushmaster by Googling your thread title BlackriflePDF
ETA: hope that helps your quest for knowledge
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Bushmaster logo since at least 1981:
www.joepennsy.com/images/bushy.jpg

Bushmaster was known as "Quality Parts Inc" for the longest time, and AFAIK, has never been affiliated with Sendra.

They converted Sendra lowers into M16s.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#13]
How can I find the declared individuals who are registered on the Corporation deed? ( er whatever it is called )
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
About Bushmaster

I'd be very interested in which 50 countries use BM for their military.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I remember in the late 70s being told that the "woods fuzz" (game wardens) were being issued "Bushmasters in .223 Remington." At the time, I had no idea what that meant,
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 5:00:56 AM EDT
[#16]
bump ^
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top