Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2001 2:50:53 AM EDT
and it was a bad one to.
I had to take 2 full mins to get back under way!

It was not the gun,I (of all thing) had a primer come out of a spent shell.
I had UMC fmj,I have known UMC to be good stuff but need to know if anybody else has had thins.

This was suck a silly lil. thing the primer fell down in to the mag and stoped it from feeding the next round,all I would have to do is put in a new mag and every thing would be fine,I don't think it would stop the gun at all but what a b!cth.

Do you guys think I should buy more UMC or is this likely a one time deal?
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 3:01:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably a one time deal.  I have used a bunch of UMC in all kinds of calibers and have never had that happen.  Probably a freak thing.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't take anymore chances with it. Send it to me and I will dispose of it for you. It's the least I could do to help you out! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the same thing happen to me last spring, but i think it was a winchester. That was the only one i have ever seen do this. I have used umc before and never had any trouble with it.
-bricklayer
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok deadeye47 I'll send it right out.
Just sit by the door untill it gets there.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn!!!!! Sounds like the same problem i have with my 38 super brass after i've lost count of how many times i've loaded it....never had it happen with any type new shell in over 35 years of shooting but there's always a first time.....Dick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top