Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2001 11:15:59 AM EDT
Thinking about getting a P32 for a back-up/hold out/last ditch hand gun/toy to have fun with.
With a blue grip and the extended mag here are the spec what do you think at 6.6ozs unloaded and 9.4ozs loaded its small and light. any sugestions.

Technical Specifications
Calibers:                         .32 AUTO
Weight unloaded.      6.6 oz.             186g
Loaded magazine       2.8 oz.             81g
Length        5.1"                 129mm
Height        3.5"                 89mm
Width         .75"                 19mm
Sight radius   3.8"                 96mm
Muzzle energy max 200ftlbs            240J
Capacity       7+1 rounds
Trigger pull   5 lbs                 23N

[img]http://www.kel-tec.com/prod024.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.kel-tec.com/p-32_a2.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.kel-tec.com/p-32_a4.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.kel-tec.com/p-32_a6.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I wanted one, but I am in the PRK. It is not allowed here, as it does not have an external safety. How this makes it less safe than any SA revolver is beyond me, but those are permitted.

It looks like a winner, check out the comments on [url]www.thefiringline.com[/url], those that own it love it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want a .32, keltec is a good one, but why just piss someone off  with a pea shooter when you can have a micro Kahr in a real caliber?

I carry a P40 Covert with night sights in my suit pocket in a Mitch Rosen pocket holster
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The P32 is the easiest to carry gun I've ever seen as it weighs almost nothing and is very thin.  The one I've shot had a very long stiff trigger, and the sights were so far off that you had to line up the rear sight with the ejection port just to hit the target at 20 feet.  Many would argue that sights on this gun don't really matter anyways, so I guess it depends on your own philosophy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you want a .32, keltec is a good one, but why just piss someone off  with a pea shooter when you can have a micro Kahr in a real caliber?

I carry a P40 Covert with night sights in my suit pocket in a Mitch Rosen pocket holster
View Quote

because kahr weighs about 3 times as much and is twice as bulky in every way, they make a fine "carry gun" Keltec fills another niche I carry a glock 23 when I am "carrying" I carry a keltec when I'm not. How many times you leave the kahr at home cause it's too heavy for whatever activity you are doing or too big for how you are dressed? I could go shirtless in swimming trunks with a keltec no problem.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck finding parts. They don't have any parts distributors, and for 7+ months they've claimed to me that they’re going to get a few Real Soon Now(tm). If you do buy one, you'll need their phone # for help. It's 321-631-0068. They also have a toll-free number 1-800-515-9983 that they don't usually advertise. The toll-free number will save you some serious money, because while they don't answer their phone or have a way to leave a message (so you have to keep calling back), they have a recording that picks-up, then hangs-up. That recording cost me quite a bit of money in long distance before I heard about their toll-free number.

I'll second what erickm said.  Despite the problems and frustration I've had with Kel Tec over the past few months, I'm still working on getting it to work.  It really is in a size and weight class by itself, so it is worth some work (F&B), money ($35+ each trip to Kel Tec plus ammo for testing), and time (a month at minimum for shipping, range time, and experimentation).z
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a P-32 and I am not impressed.  It is a good idea that has been poorly executed.  They are rough as a cob and Keltec has a well-documented history of quality control problems.  Any gun that you are advised to send back to the factory for chroming as soon as you get it, and then work over with a dremel tool (the much fabled fluff 'n buff), and then be prepeared to send back once or twice more, is a gun that isn't worth it.  Yes they are in a weight class by themselves, but people carried Seecamps and Guardians and scads of other pocket pistols that are a few ounces heavier for years w/o rupturing themselves.
They ARE very flat and light.  If that alone is worth it to you, then enter the crapshoot and buy one.  Do yourself a favor and go to the KTOG board first though.  Read about the host of problems associated with the P-32 and remember that those are posts from people who actually like the gun.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
To ERICM

I have NEVER left the house without a gun no matter what the temperature or my clothes.

I carry a 1911 .45 normally and when Im in shorts, or other non cover clother, I carry my Kahr 40 in a pocket holster.

Yes it is bulkier and heavier, but if I need to use a gun to defend my life, I would not want to rely on a .32.

Marshall and Sanow's book places the best .32 at 65% chance at a stop and a short barreled .40 such as the Kahr at 89%.  He also suggests not relying on anything below 85%.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]
P-32  would not be my 1st choice in a free state. In Illinois, though, carrying a fiearm is a first offence felony. There are no ccw permits in Illinois. Concealment is ,therefore, a priority.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes it is bulkier and heavier, but if I need to use a gun to defend my life, I would not want to rely on a .32.
View Quote

I would agree with you completely there, But I and probably most everyone else are not that committed. and not being committed leads to laziness: leaving it at home. a .32 is still better than nothing. and the 65% "one shot stop", couple that with 90% chance of stopping just by presenting the weapon, I have something like a 155% better chance than if I left my Glock or Kahr at home.

and if I get really good with it I will shoot perps through the EYE!!!

Check this out "fifth-pocket-carry"

one last time I'll make it a link see if it works...damn nimda damn microsoft
[url]208.191.76.115:666/public/image171.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#11]
erickm, nice fifth pocket carry!

brouhaha, three shots and one hole from a P32?  Are you sure you didn't miss the paper with the second and third?  Just kidding.  You say yours hits where you aim?  I've had about two dozen (yes, I'm a range-whore, I'll let anyone pull my trigger) people shoot my P32.  Every one of them, including me, generally hit closer to the bottom of the target than the middle.  Mine shoots about 10" low at 10 yards, and it keyholes!  Shoots point of aim?  If I shoot at their head, I'll hit them in the chest.  Do you think there's something wrong w/ mine?z
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#13]
If you get the P32...GET THE BELT CLIP.  I use this often.  This fits in my business pants front pocket or beltclipped in my waistband.  Works great with jeans frontpocket clipped also, It looks like a tactical folder when viewed by the unaware.  It is so convienient without having to deal with a holster.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got one, shot it for the first time last night.  At approx 7 yrds it shot about 4-5 inches low; but reliably with Cor Bon ammo.  Damn is it small and light.  Sits in your pocket and nobody would know.  I carry it without a round in the chamber; something about shooting my dick off that bothers me.  I took a dremel tool to the mag release and ground it flat because the first time I racked the slide I ejected the clip.  I take it when I really can't take anything else.  For regular carry it's Glock 23 or 30.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had one for about a year. They are great for what they are. I've never had a problem with mine and have shot it 10-15 times this year. It is not a tack driver but, if you shoot it at 3-7 yards, which is typical combat distance, it is a fine defensive weapon. The fact that you WILL carry it, due to size and weight, makes up for the small caliber and   crappy accuracy.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#16]
It's what I carry when I can't carry a gun. Secondary backup weapon, every niow and then, primary backup.  It's significantly easier to conceal than the S&W Airweight revolver it replaced.  I wouldn't count on it as a primary CCW.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm not impressed with what I'm hearing about this Keltec P.32. Is the quality of the Keltec in 9mm any better?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I've had a P-32 for about 8 months now and have had NO problems at all with.  Accuracy is not a problem.  As hot as it gets here in the summer it is the perfect carry gun.  I wear shorts 100% of the time I am not at work so the size and weight of the Kel-Tec is perfect.  Everyone who shoots this gun loves it - several of my friends also carry this same gun - no complaints.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I have carried a PPK for several years and needed something a little smaller that I could carry with shorts. I read an article in one of the "annual buyers guides" last year and it compared the P32 with a Kahr and something else. The P32 is THE CC gun to have, bought mine about eight months ago and have put hundreds of rounds through it without a single hitch. Good accuracy and it can't be beat for a CQC pistol. I still have the Sig 40 in my car but until I can get to it I've got the P32.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#20]
By the way, Kel-Tec P32 has a "Buy it" rating from the October issue of Gun Tests.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, get one. I have one and love it. It's my go anywhere armed off duty and on duty back up pistol. Get the belt clip but have it installed at the factory it's a bitch to do it yourself.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:33:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I thought that the number 1 rule in gunfighting is to take a gun to the gunfight.  A 32acp in your pocket is better that a 45acp at home.  

I have a Kel-Tec P32 and love it and no problems with it, serial# 19XXX.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:43:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I bought one and had to send it back because it simply wouldn't fire.  Kel-Tec had it back in my hands inside of a week.

Since then, it has worked acceptably but not perfectly.  It is not designed to be shot a lot, and once I put about 25 rounds through it it starts getting light hits.  I guess little parts in a little gun means it gets gunked up easily.  It works fine when clean and I would much rather have a .32 than nothing.  It also is accurate enough to reliably hit Coke cans at 10 yards or so.  If I ever got in a scrap with a bad guy, I'd just empty the damn thing into the BG.

I'd buy it again.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#24]
If I can find one for a good price ill get it. remember this is my back up ill always have a .45 on me first and formost..always.I have a set up that even if im wearing shorts and a tee shirt i can carry my .45 concealed but its not a set up most people would like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top