Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/14/2007 11:47:07 PM EDT
DOCTORS GIVE IN TO MUSLIMS

Doctors can no longer eat at their desks

Daily Express (UK)
Monday August 13, 2007
By Tom Fullerton

DOCTORS and health workers have been banned from eating lunch at their desks - in case it offends their Muslim colleagues.

Health chiefs believe the sight of food will upset Muslim workers when they are celebrating the religious festival Ramadan.

The lunch trolley is also to be wheeled out of bounds as the 30-day fast begins next month.

But staff and politicians branded the move political correctness gone mad and warned that it was a step too far.

Bill Aitken, the Scottish Conservative justice spokesman, said: “This advice, well-meaning as it may be, is total nonsense. It is the sort of thing that can stir up resentment rather than result in good relations.”

The new guidance comes in the wake of the failed terror attacks on Glasgow and the death of suspect Kafeel Ahmed, 27.

Health chiefs in Lothian and Glasgow will give all employees time off to pray and to celebrate Eid, which marks the end of Ramadan.

But Greater Glasgow and Clyde as well as Lothian NHS boards also issued the advice, warning workers not to take working lunches, and said all vending machines should be removed from areas where Muslims work.

One senior consultant said: “What next? Are we going to have advice on how to deal with Catholics during Lent? This kind of thing does more harm than good.”

The guidance, which was sent round many organisations, was produced by Glasgow consultancy Meem, which advises on Muslim issues and counts the Scottish Parliament among its clients.

Na’eem Raza, a senior consultant with the firm, said he was thrilled that the health boards had formally adopted the guidance.

He added: “The idea is to get faith in the workplace out in the open.

“In the current climate, people need to understand where communities are coming from and what people are feeling.

“After the Glasgow attack this is very important. This is about educating people and making them more aware and more confident when dealing with issues surrounding the Muslim community.

“People have stopped talking over the garden fence and we need to break down the barriers so that people can talk comfortably to each other.

“It would never stir up resentment. Faith is an important issue. Why not have guidance on all of the issues that affect us, including different faiths?”

Health chiefs defended their use of the guidance and said it was important to promote a positive and tolerant culture at work.

A NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde spokesman said: “As a large organisation we recognise that many of our staff, patients and visitors will be participating in Ramadan.

“We have therefore made information available to our staff to raise awareness of Ramadan and help to answer any questions they may have.”

NHS Lothian said: “We have recently agreed a quality and diversity strategy and as a responsible and pro-active employer we will continue to promote a positive culture which recognises and respects diversity both in our workforce and in the people we serve.”
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything I say regarding this will violate COC, so I will abstain.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]
They are winning!!!

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, thats pretty fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Teh UK is all kinds uh fooked up!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:15:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:28:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Note to self. Carry ready eat pork in my squad car,...just in case.

...We lost this war the day we handed those assmites the Koran with rubber gloves.

Here's another goody

NO PORK

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#7]
"They" certainly are a whiny lot.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:46:09 AM EDT
[#8]
lol, glad I live in a free country.  

Lets keep it that way.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#9]

One senior consultant said: “What next? Are we going to have advice on how to deal with Catholics during Lent? This kind of thing does more harm than good.”

My sentiments exactly. Of course, you KNOW they wouldn't give two sh*ts about Catholics because it's a branch of that oh-so-evil Christianity.

I'm not offended when people eat chicken and hamburgers in front of me on Fridays - anyone who DOES have a problem like this has serious issues.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

My sentiments exactly. Of course, you KNOW they wouldn't give two sh*ts about Catholics because it's a branch of that oh-so-evil Christianity.

I'm not offended when people eat chicken and hamburgers in front of me on Fridays - anyone who DOES have a problem like this has serious issues.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They are winning!!!

yep.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Everytime I read crap like this, I am glad that I don't live over in Europe.  

I can't believe that they are willing to bend over backwards like this to accomodate them.  If they don't like it, tough shit.  You aren't supposed to like everything that happens in life and how does it offend your religion if other people who don't practice your religion carry on in their normal daily fashion.  

I also don't see how anyone could state in that article that they don't see how these types of actions could stir up resentment. They are basically telling others that they can't go about their normal routine because one group may be offended.  I don't know about you, but if someone told me I had to change so I don't offend someone, I would be pretty damn resentful towards that person.

What a load of garbage.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Pass the pork, bacon, ham, Gonna cook it on my grill shaped like a big cross.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They are winning!!!

Werd
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Have you seen this latest attempted surrender to the religion of peace:  

Link

AMSTERDAM - A Roman Catholic Bishop in the Netherlands has proposed people of all faiths refer to God as Allah to foster understanding, stoking an already heated debate on religious tolerance in a country with one million Muslims.

Bishop Tiny Muskens, from the southern diocese of Breda, told Dutch television on Monday that God did not mind what he was named and that in Indonesia, where Muskens spent eight years, priests used the word "Allah" while celebrating Mass.

"Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? ... What does God care what we call him? It is our problem."

A survey in the Netherlands' biggest-selling newspaper De Telegraaf on Wednesday found 92 percent of the more than 4,000 people polled disagreed with the bishop's view, which also drew ridicule.

"Sure. Lets call God Allah. Lets then call a church a mosque and pray five times a day. Ramadan sounds like fun," Welmoet Koppenhol wrote in a letter to the newspaper.

Gerrit de Fijter, chairman of the Protestant Church in the Netherlands, told the paper he welcomed any attempt to "create more dialogue", but added: "Calling God 'Allah' does no justice to Western identity. I see no benefit in it."

A spokesman from the union of Moroccan mosques in Amsterdam said Muslims had not asked for such a gesture.

Signs of tension had already surfaced in the last two weeks after the head of a committee for former Muslims was attacked and populist anti-immigration politician Geert Wilders called for the Koran to be banned.

Bishop Muskens, who will shortly retire, has raised eyebrows in the past with suggestions that those who are hungry may steal bread and that condoms should be permissible in the fight against HIV and AIDS.

Some Dutch Muslims welcomed his comments as a valuable gesture of support coming just days after Wilders branded the Quran a "fascist book" in the vein of Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf" which legitimizes violence.

Wilders, whose new party won nine seats out of the 150 in parliament in last November's elections, is well known for his firebrand remarks on Islam.

He said an attack by two Moroccans and a Somali on the head of a Dutch group for "ex-Muslims" had spurred him to write.

Issues of immigration and integration had faded from the Dutch political agenda over the last year, after a period of unprecedented social tension sparked by the 2004 murder of Theo Van Gogh, a filmmaker critical of Islam, by a Muslim militant.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Pathetic.

* crosses another country off vacation list *
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I wonder if this guy emigrated from france?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Link

AMSTERDAM - A Roman Catholic Bishop in the Netherlands has proposed people of all faiths refer to God as Allah to foster understanding, stoking an already heated debate on religious tolerance in a country with one million Muslims.

We've gotta have a rack in some backroom of some church in Europe for this guy to go on.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Another story that really should have come from The Onion.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
DOCTORS GIVE IN TO MUSLIMS

................Na’eem Raza, a senior consultant with the firm, said he was thrilled that the health boards had formally adopted the guidance.

He added: “The idea is to get faith in the workplace out in the open.

Suggested attire for the well dressed Dutch doc. Get it out in the open........
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
lol, glad I live in a free country.  

Lets keep it that way.

Really?   where is that?  Can I move there?

Lots and lots of things I'm not "free" to have or do in Iowa.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#23]
alla alla alla thats all folks
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
They are winning!!!

What he said.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone take a look at the replies to the article?

IT'S A GOOD START
14.08.07, 8:34pm

After the homegrown violence this year we should be asking ourselves what we can do to better integrate our Muslim citizens. It is not as if British civilisation is going to collapse from a few accommodations to make Muslims less self conscious about their unique status.

Unfortunately this latest move did not help enough. It created new problems. Now that meal carts and working lunch is banned Muslims will be left alone in the office while their coworkers go out to eat together. Muslim health care workers will be missing out on important social networking opportunities that their non-Muslim coworkers receive. We need a solution for that. We should instead encourage non-Muslims to try sharing their Muslim coworkers' experience of fasting. It might be difficult the first year or two but eventually it will become familiar.

• Posted by: JonTh • Report Comment

Idiots abound. The great philosopher dark Helmet put it well when he said 'I knew it! I'm surrounded by azzholes!'.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#28]
You guys should know better than to think it can't happen here in some form and in some places. This country ain't too far behind the Euro's in the PC category.

In many of these cases (such as in the bishop's suggestion mentioned above) it wasn't even asked for by Muslims. The bleeding heart leftists concoct it on their own. These people are a fifth column, mole-like enemy. In fact, they are just as much an enemy as the Islamic extremists and if the SHTF should be dealt with in tandem with the terrorists and their supporters. Kind of a "clean house" reset button.

Oh, BTW---I don't give two shits about their right to an "opposing view". The apologists/accomodators are traitors and they're wrong. Period.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I actually think this is a good thing.  We are descended from the people who are quietly taking this shit and getting fed up with it.  What runs through our veins runs through theirs; it just takes longer to get them riled.  You know...not being Americans and all.  But eventually they will get damn tired of this and start to fight back.  That is when WWIII will really begin, when Europe starts to come apart.  

The only other alternative is that Islam will take over and rule Europe and then come over here, and eventually set up their caliphet, or whatever they call it, and rule the world.  I'm sorry I don't see this happening, not even in Europe.  Two world wars absolutely decimated their strong male role models and they are still collectively recovering.  But in the end, they will get their acts together and stop this shiite.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Link

Bishop Tiny Muskens, from the southern diocese of Breda, told Dutch television on Monday that God did not mind what he was named and that in Indonesia, where Muskens spent eight years, priests used the word "Allah" while celebrating Mass.

"Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? ... What does God care what we call him? It is our problem." ...

JEEEEZUSJUMPEDUPCHRIST!!!!  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Scotland.

What would William Wallace do?

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Scotland.

William Wallace: "I'm going to pick a fight."
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Coming soon to the U.S.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

DOCTORS and health workers have been banned from eating lunch at their desks - in case it offends their Muslim colleagues.

The new guidance comes in the wake of the failed terror attacks on Glasgow and the death of suspect Kafeel Ahmed, 27.

What do they mean FAILED terror attacks ?

It sounds like they were entirely successful to me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Personally, I'd make plans to move to the US and "quit" my job by marching around wearing a crusader's uniform, eating a bacon sandwitch and tossing korans in the toilet. Of course, I'd probalby end up in jail, in those supposedly "free" countries.

Sometimes you need to stand up no matter the consequences.

ETA, I'd also yell "praise God, not Allah" a few times.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#37]
WTF!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Link

"Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? ... What does God care what we call him? It is our problem."

A survey in the Netherlands' biggest-selling newspaper De Telegraaf on Wednesday found 92 percent of the more than 4,000 people polled disagreed with the bishop's view, which also drew ridicule.

"Sure. Lets call God Allah. Lets then call a church a mosque and pray five times a day. Ramadan sounds like fun," Welmoet Koppenhol wrote in a letter to the newspaper.

Gerrit de Fijter, chairman of the Protestant Church in the Netherlands, told the paper he welcomed any attempt to "create more dialogue", but added: "Calling God 'Allah' does no justice to Western identity. I see no benefit in it."

A spokesman from the union of Moroccan mosques in Amsterdam said Muslims had not asked for such a gesture.

Signs of tension had already surfaced in the last two weeks after the head of a committee for former Muslims was attacked and populist anti-immigration politician Geert Wilders called for the Koran to be banned.

Bishop Muskens, who will shortly retire, has raised eyebrows in the past with suggestions that those who are hungry may steal bread and that condoms should be permissible in the fight against HIV and AIDS.

Some Dutch Muslims welcomed his comments as a valuable gesture of support coming just days after Wilders branded the Quran a "fascist book" in the vein of Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf" which legitimizes violence.

Wilders, whose new party won nine seats out of the 150 in parliament in last November's elections, is well known for his firebrand remarks on Islam.

He said an attack by two Moroccans and a Somali on the head of a Dutch group for "ex-Muslims" had spurred him to write.

Issues of immigration and integration had faded from the Dutch political agenda over the last year, after a period of unprecedented social tension sparked by the 2004 murder of Theo Van Gogh, a filmmaker critical of Islam, by a Muslim militant.
What is the Pope's email address ?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#39]
O'boy , The Muslim religion ..... it's really  easy to get along with them.

no really it is...
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#40]
What a so easily upset, immature group of people.  Is there anything that doesn't offend them?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

It's coming here.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I wonder if this guy emigrated from france?

You know that France is probably the least Muslim-appeasing of the European countries, right?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's coming here.

First off that already exists here, it's just a different minority that is given special treatment.

Second, for all those that consider the Europeans and British to be pussies, on the surface they are.  

But that is where it stops.

Europe is a place that has been at an almost constant state of war for all of recorded history.  The Europeans trying to talk themselves and everyone else into the fact that they are pacifists is a sad joke.

They are anything but Pacifists.

The Muslims in Europe are outnumbered 10-1 in most countries.  This shit will continue to a point of critical mass, (possible WMD attack on a major European city), and then the gloves will come off.

This whole situation of extremist muslims amongst the European population is a powder keg waiting to go off.  

Even to a casual observer it is not a case of if, but when.

It is just so sad that it had to come to this in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#44]
how is this any different than the colleges in this country that are installing foot washes for the muslims to wash their feet in before prayer...
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#45]

“After the Glasgow attack this is very important. This is about educating people and making them more aware and more confident when dealing with issues surrounding the Muslim community.

and that says it all right there.. 2 muslim dilwads light themselves and a car on fire in attempted murder, and all of a sudden everyone should make nice with the muslims?  what next, are they going to ban pork chops?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#46]
They need to drive those people out of European lands.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#47]
The Russians seem to have the right idea on this. Get their own people producing babies again so they don't have to import aliens like that.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Anyone take a look at the replies to the article?

IT'S A GOOD START
14.08.07, 8:34pm

After the homegrown violence this year we should be asking ourselves what we can do to better integrate our Muslim citizens. It is not as if British civilisation is going to collapse from a few accommodations to make Muslims less self conscious about their unique status.

Unfortunately this latest move did not help enough. It created new problems. Now that meal carts and working lunch is banned Muslims will be left alone in the office while their coworkers go out to eat together. Muslim health care workers will be missing out on important social networking opportunities that their non-Muslim coworkers receive. We need a solution for that. We should instead encourage non-Muslims to try sharing their Muslim coworkers' experience of fasting. It might be difficult the first year or two but eventually it will become familiar.

• Posted by: JonTh • Report Comment

Idiots abound. The great philosopher dark Helmet put it well when he said 'I knew it! I'm surrounded by azzholes!'.

omg.. that is the saddest most pathetic quote ... maybe after a few years, celebrating christmas and going to LUNCH might become familiar, dickwad... jeesh, I have to go home and clean my guns.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Scotland.

Kill them with bolts of lightning from out his arse!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#50]
What about me?  When is it my turn to not be offended?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top