Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2007 12:30:23 PM EDT
One of my medics is the tactical medic in the next county over, he just got called in because there is a man in a church with an auto weapon and has shot some people.
Ill have more when i hear it.  this is in neosho mo.

UPDATE: 6 wounded , 3 dead. Person in custody My medic is on his way back, ill post more when he gets here.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
In before the: "This is not terrorism, nothing to see here" gang
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
ost
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Subject in custudy, 3 people wounded
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Was it really an "automatic" weapon? I love how so many incidents start that way like it's something off of 'Heat' and end up being something stupid.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Was it really an "automatic" weapon? I love how so many incidents start that way like it's something off of 'Heat' and end up being something stupid.

The Springfield XD sitting next to me right now is an "automatic" weapon, as is most
non-revolver handguns built in the last 125 years.

It IS NOT a machine gun however.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Springfield XD sitting next to me right now is an "automatic" weapon, as is most

auto-loading vs. auto-firing FTW!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excuse me, I was under the impression it was semi-automatic. I must have been mistaken.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#9]
 Remind me to never fall asleep in that church.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Now breaking on cnn.com
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Bill Nye finally snapped.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excuse me, I was under the impression it was semi-automatic. I must have been mistaken.

Just being a piss head, don't take it seriously.

Semi-Auto seems to be a fairly modern term.
I believe traditionally, "auto loading" pistols were always just referred to as "automatic".

Just goes to demonstrate how confusing gun terminology can be. If I say the word "rifle". what does it mean?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#14]
UPDATE
My medic is back.  Total of 7 people shot, 4 dead.  Shooter used a 9mm and .22.  

Shooter is micronesian, all victims the same.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#15]
How sad, but why I ALWAYS carry at church too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
UPDATE

Same as Cho used.  Are the 9mm and .22 the prefered weapon of asian types?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Micronesians?

In Neosho?

I know the area well, never saw anything but WASPs.

Never would have guessed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
UPDATE

Same as Cho used.  Are the 9mm and .22 the prefered weapon of asian types?

They both were looking for a .38, but 9mm is as close as they could find.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Anybody know MO carry laws for churches?  

Texas used to not allow expressly...that was until the guy shot up the church in the Dallas area.  Now you can carry unless the church posts the appropriate restrictive signage.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#21]
just mentioned on cnn.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
UPDATE

All online News media reporting only three dead...

Where did you get 4?

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
In before the: "This is not terrorism, nothing to see here" gang

In before the: "It has to be terrorism, it just has to be, the gov't is lying to us" crew.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Bill Nye finally snapped.

I laughed really hard.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
UPDATE

Hmm...sounds like a domestic dispute of some sort.
I am assuming that the micronesian community in your area is tightly knit?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
UPDATE

WTF?  Neosho Tech.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
UPDATE

Where did you get 4?

thats what i was told by someone that was there, he said he only saw three, but all the cops where saying 4.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
UPDATE

Where did you get 4?

thats what i was told by someone that was there, he said he only saw three, but all the cops where saying 4.

New England Cable News still reporting three.

Did somebody shoot a dog?

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I just read "9mm machine pistol".
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#30]

By MARCUS KABEL, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 4 minutes ago

NEOSHO, Mo. - A gunman opened fire in the sanctuary of a southwest Missouri church Sunday, killing three people and wounding several others, authorities said.

About 25 to 50 people were briefly held hostage at the First Congregational Church until the gunman surrendered, Neosho spokeswoman Desiree Bridges said.

About four or five people were wounded, Police Chief Dave McCracken said, and several others who were injured fled the scene.

Officials removed two covered bodies from the brick-and-white trim church into a waiting funeral parlor van Sunday evening.

"This is a terrible tragedy which was made worse by the fact that it happened in a peaceful place of faith and worship," Gov. Matt Blunt said in a statement.

The shooter was being held at the Newton County Jail, but police were not releasing any information about him. Bridges said he was related to someone in the church, but declined to elaborate. No charges had been filed Sunday, McCracken said.

McCracken said the gunman had two small-caliber handguns and one 9 mm semiautomatic machine pistol with a large magazine.

The shooting followed the 1 p.m. service, which was attended by about 50 people, ranging in age from children to the elderly. The church opened its doors to the group of worshippers from the Pacific islands that conduct a service in Spanish, said Patty Mendoza, 35, whose friend attends the service.

"There are a lot of islanders that come here," Mendoza said. "It's terrible. I can't imagine what it was about."

The gunman surrendered to authorities after about 10 minutes of negotiation.

"At the time that the rescue attempt was successful we had approximately 20 people in the sanctuary still," he said. "We had some people who escaped the crime scene prior to the police arrival that were wounded, and we had some people escape during the process and at the time of the rescue."

He said no one was injured during the arrest.

McCracken said he could not confirm whether the gunman was a member of the church. But he said an incident involving the suspect and a family that attended the First Congregational Church on Saturday night fueled the shooting Sunday.

"At this point though, we don't have any information more than that," McCracken said.

Calls to the church went unanswered.

The identities of the deceased were being withheld, McCracken said.

Link

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
UPDATE

Oh my, he pulled a Cho. Best wishes to the victims.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#32]

one 9 mm semiautomatic machine pistol with a large magazine.

what the fuck is that.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#33]
To prevent further tragedies like this one, .GOV should ban the following-

1. All 9mm firearms
2. All semi-automatic firearms
3. All machine pistols
4. All large magazines

For the children.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Anybody know MO carry laws for churches?  

Texas used to not allow expressly...that was until the guy shot up the church in the Dallas area.  Now you can carry unless the church posts the appropriate restrictive signage.

Prohibited unless the pastor has explicitly authorized it.

Utterly stupid restriction.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

one 9 mm semiautomatic machine pistol with a large magazine.

what the fuck is that.

And he made his getaway in a V8 SUV with a 4 banger, two wheels and a pickup bed.

The media is not worried about accuracy, just emotions.

Someone who's watched the news more than a time or two?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Micronesia is a U.S. territory. The Micros come here because there are no jobs over there and all they do is drink and fight. Also rape is pretty common over there as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top