Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2001 3:47:53 AM EDT
How many of me droogs are going to watch Clockwork Orange this Halloween after hitting the milkbar?
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:08:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Go read the book instead.  The movie is a pretty faithful, and brilliantly filmed, adaptation of the first twenty chapters; but, the last chapter (21) is the key to what the author was trying to say.  Those who have seen the movie but never read the book never really understand Little Alex or his world.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 5:37:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried reading ACO several times as a kid, never got past the first few pages due to the language ( I is a good reader, but I ain't good with no slang ).  After seeing the movie a couple of times recently, I think I might actually be able to read the book finally...
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Singing in the rain... just singing in the rain...[}:D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:33:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Ooooooh, molocko plus!

I once saw a double feature of A Clockwork Orange and Deliverance.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:39:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I once saw a double feature of A Clockwork Orange and Deliverance.
View Quote

Now that's what I call a bit of the old ultraviolence!
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:42:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats the movie were they beat people with a big pecker.

LOL! I bet thats just great.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Back in skolly days my droogs and I govoreeted in Nadsat just to confuse the starry ones.  In our rasoodocks we were the oomny ones.  Before we were old enough for liquor we would indulge in some of the other veshches, often putting ourselves well away in the Land before heading out in the Durango 95 for a night of ultraviolence, and if we were very lucky the old in-out in-out.

I've viddied that film at least 50 times, oh my brothers and sisters.  But now I am of job age, and since receiving the Ludovico treatment I can't bear to viddy violence.

So I think I'll screen Dr. Strangelove instead. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Horrorshow!
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Which AR15.com members remind you of characters from ACO and Deliverance or other mind-alteringly violent movies?
ACO
Little Alex- Imbroglio
Dim- a3kid (j/k)

Deliverance
Toothless Bastard- HANGFIRE
Jimmy (Ned Beatty)- Floater

anyone else?
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Nothing like having someone over for a visit and right after they see Dr Strangelove and A Clockwork Orange, and thow in the fight club in your video collection, Ask them if they want to see your gun collection.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to have "Ultra Violence" themed parties,i would play Clockwork,Romper Stomper,and Once Were Warriors one after another,all the fight scenes would get the old blood a boiling.[B)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top