Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/18/2007 5:39:55 AM EDT

100% Bacon.  May God have mercy on my colon.

I cranked up the meat grinder and ground the bacon twice, once with the coarse plate and a second time through the fine plate.

The pile o' bacon, ready for forming into patties.

I cooked my burger in a skillet to avoid having it break apart on the grill.

Cooked to 170, ready to eat.

Out of the skillet, patted on a paper towel to remove some grease and nestled between two slices of pepper jack cheese.

Time to eat with a side of Tim's Cascade Habanero Chips.  (Thanks Fat McNasty!)
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:41:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Holy shit, that is the greatest idea ever!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:41:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Keeps those people away...
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:42:00 AM EDT
[#3]
You've really stumbled onto something, here.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Dude you need to post this on LF....true Baconforce right here.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:42:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:43:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn that looks good.  Maybe a fried egg on top with the yoke still soft.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:44:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I am dying to know how many calories are in that thing.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:45:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am dying to know how many calories are in that thing.

I ate it, I'm just plain dying.    Never eat a 100% bacon burger an hour before bedtime.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:47:43 AM EDT
[#9]

I gotta try that.  Slap on a thick slice of garden tomato, some fresh lettuce, and some mayo, and it might just be the perfect BLT!

Definitely a "special occasion" kind of food, though.  I'd be in the hospital if I ate more than one of those in a month.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:51:14 AM EDT
[#10]

I need a meat grinder. You would think there would be a market for this
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:51:38 AM EDT
[#11]
You are my hero!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:56:36 AM EDT
[#12]
on average bacon is 15 grams of fat per slice.   that looks like an instant heart attack!   bet it tasted great mmmmmmmmm bacon  
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Try a 50/50 mix of bacon and regular burger and throw that bad boy on the grill, bet you could open a restraunt on that premis alone.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:08:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:13:22 AM EDT
[#15]
That made my heart hurt.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:20:44 AM EDT
[#16]
You could save yourself a little time by melting 3 sticks of butter and injecting it straight in to your neck.

Gluttony knows no bounds.

Shit, why not hollow that bacon patty out, fill the center with nacho cheese, batter it up and deep fry it? Why screw around?

"Hmmmm.....I reeeeeaaaaly love eating pure fat...but need a new format for ingesting it. How can I eat more fat, but reshape it in to something user friendly? Ah ha!! A patty of pure fat, skillet fried!!"

Bon apetite.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:25:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Shit, why not hollow that bacon patty out, fill the center with nacho cheese, batter it up and deep fry it?

Now my left arm hurts too.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:26:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Shit, why not hollow that bacon patty out, fill the center with nacho cheese, batter it up and deep fry it?

That sounds good.  Time to crank up the Fry Daddy.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#19]
That looks like it might be too much of a good thing.  The 50/50 beef/bacon mix idea sounds intriguing, though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#20]
ummm.......bacon

Ronald
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You could save yourself a little time by melting 3 sticks of butter and injecting it straight in to your neck.

Shit, why not hollow that bacon patty out, fill the center with nacho cheese, batter it up and deep fry it? Why screw around?

"Hmmmm.....I reeeeeaaaaly love eating pure fat...but need a new format for ingesting it. How can I eat more fat, but reshape it in to something user friendly? Ah ha!! A patty of pure fat, skillet fried!!"

Bon apetite.

Party Pooper
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:35:10 AM EDT
[#22]
bacon,bacon,bacon, looks awesome
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:36:37 AM EDT
[#23]
10 / 10

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:36:52 AM EDT
[#24]
That looks wonderfully delicious, yet disgustingly horrific all at the very same time.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
That looks like it might be too much of a good thing.  The 50/50 beef/bacon mix idea sounds intriguing, though.

Too much of a good thing, you say?

Bacon Burger Dogs w/ Cheese

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:39:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Bon apetite.

Ya know....you could krap in another parade.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:39:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.dizzypigbbq.com/images/RecipeImages/BurgerDogs/BurgerDogB4Roll.jpg

www.kamado.com/discus/messages/2/10585.jpg

www.dizzypigbbq.com/images/RecipeImages/BurgerDogs/BurgerDogsPlate.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....   Needs more bacon though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Try a 50/50 mix of bacon and regular burger and throw that bad boy on the grill, bet you could open a restraunt on that premis alone.

It's been done already!houston.citysearch.com/profile/10026317/
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#29]
What? No bacon slices on top of that patty?
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#30]

Why would you want to eat something that looks like greasy turds?
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:47:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

So you can make greasy turds. duh!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:48:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Bon apetite.

I could see if the guy was eating this every night, but why crap on his thread for something I am sure was a one time idea and not about to be added to his daily menu? You friggin health nuts drive me nuts. I'm sure you've never overindulged in anything right?  
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:53:32 AM EDT
[#33]
That is the best 'burger' I have ever seen.

Of course, for someone with high cholesterol and a family history of heart disease, that
is basically death by bacon.

Nobody lives forever, though, so throw one on the grill for me.

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:57:04 AM EDT
[#34]
OMG that looks so good, but it would f- me up six ways to Sunday!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:02:09 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Damn that looks good.  Maybe a fried egg on top with the yoke still soft.

Toss on some golden crispy hashbrowns and you my friend would have complied the finest breakfast sandwhich that man has ever feasted on.  It makes my heart hurt just thinking about something that glorious
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:04:54 AM EDT
[#36]
OMG!  You owe me a new keyboard!  Mine is all sticky now!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
OMG!  You owe me a new keyboard!  Mine is all sticky now!

You were supposed to say "more" bacon. Slacker!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#38]
That is similar to the burgers I make all the time. I generally do 1lb Ground Round and 1lb Ground Breakfast Sausage (HOT). It makes for a really tasty burger.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#39]
MMMM Tagged
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bon apetite.

Sorry....my bad. I didn't read the rule that one can only post if you like the idea of a 100% bacon patty.

WTF do I care what anyone else eats? I don't....but it doesn't make it any less disgusting to me.

This thread should be followed up with the "Bet am a fatter slob than you are, POST PICS!!"

Grinding up pretty much pure fat and skillet frying a patty of it might be business as usual for some. For others....like myself, its somewhat disgusting. And I am allowed to be disgusted the last time I checked. Very mildly disgusted...but disgusted all the same.

Enjoy what ever you like to eat. No lifestyle policing here....I don't give a shit...but post pics on the internet and you're inviting comments....mine included. Now go dry those tears...I think I heard the buzzer on your oven... the double stuffed, deep fried, bacon wrapped tater bombs are ready!!!

Again, grind'em and grill'em for all I care...I wont be picketing your next BBQ.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#41]
8/10
-1 No long gun.
-1 No difibrilator for when your heart goes into arrest.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:31:56 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now my left arm hurts too.

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#43]
ground bacon(pork product)= sausage(pork product)

I dont see the need for the extra(wasted) effort. just go buy a package of Jimmy Dean sausage.

...I'm just sayin.....

ground round burger with bacon strips.....now thats good eatin

those burger bacon dogs look good but I could swear I heard someones arteries slam shut.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
--Whining self-Justification snipped.

A simple "Ewww" would have sufficed.

OT: I sometimes fry up bacon/hash brown/corned beef stuffed tortillas, topped with a runny egg.

Mmmmm, I call it "Dead by Noon"

Morcoth
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:36:04 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.dizzypigbbq.com/images/RecipeImages/BurgerDogs/BurgerDogB4Roll.jpg

www.kamado.com/discus/messages/2/10585.jpg

The OP didn't look so good.

THAT I would try!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
snip/

those burger bacon dogs look good but I could swear I heard someones arteries slam shut.

they are amazing.

it truly is a meal in and of itself.  I know of no one that can eat more than one.

If you decide to try it, you may want to heat the hotdog prior to wrapping with beef.  It'll work either way, but the red dye that hotdogs are injected with will leach into the ground beef goodness...making it difficult to determine if it's done.

Bacon should be thick-sliced only.

a correctly done bacon burger dog is a culinary masterpiece.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you can make greasy turds. duh!

I can only imagine how gross I'd feel after eating that lol I think I'll stick with a regular burger please...if I want bacon, I'll put a slice or two on top. Wouldn't a bacon burger be unbarably greasy? (unless you use turkey bacon )
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bon apetite.

Sorry....my bad. I didn't read the rule that one can only post if you like the idea of a 100% bacon patty.

WTF do I care what anyone else eats? I don't....but it doesn't make it any less disgusting to me.

This thread should be followed up with the "Bet am a fatter slob than you are, POST PICS!!"  Actually, my weight runs between 155 and 160.

Grinding up pretty much pure fat and skillet frying a patty of it might be business as usual for some. It's a one-time thing, I thought ARFcom would get a kick out of it.    For others....like myself, its somewhat disgusting. And I am allowed to be disgusted the last time I checked. Very mildly disgusted...but disgusted all the same.

Enjoy what ever you like to eat. No lifestyle policing here....  Bullshit  I don't give a shit...  but post pics on the internet and you're inviting comments....mine included. Now go dry those tears...  I think I heard the buzzer on your oven... the double stuffed, deep fried, bacon wrapped tater bombs are ready!!!  You don't bake double stuffed, deep fried, bacon wrapped tater bombs, you smoke them.  Jeez...

Again, grind'em and grill'em for all I care...I wont be picketing your next BBQ.

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Blah blah blah I'm overreacting to someone eating a bunch of bacon...

Someone light the fuse on your tampon?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top