Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2001 8:42:30 PM EDT
I am considering buying or investing into a H&K MP5.  I don't want a fully auto either.  I know it will be a few grand and was wondering what a good price would be in Exc to new condition?  What would be some other compariable Sub Guns.  Not interested in a Colt 9mm because the mags are way too high.  I have seen people give $125 for 9mm Colt 32rd mags.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
HK94s run from $3000-3500, depending on condition and configuration.  A3 versions with retractible stocks usually sell for about $250 more than A2 fixed stock versions.

If you look really hard, you can find a excellent condition A3 for $3000, but expect at least $3200.

An HK94 is a semi only version of the MP5 with a 16" bbl.  This can be later converted to a MP5 with a transferable sear (another $4000).  You can also do the paper work for the SBR, and pay about $500-1000 (depending on quality and extra fixens) to get it rebarreled and you will have an MP5 length bbl, on a semi gun.

Another option is a SP89 (semi MP5K) for about $3000.  Again you can SBR and add a stock and K-grip, or you can AOW and add the K-grip but no stock.

I strongly advise against any clones, they are of questionable workmanship.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Another option is an UZI, for around $1200+.

If price is an option, maybe you should again consider a AR 9mm.  With an new upper and bolt, etc., this is an "inexpensive" options.

You can also buy non-colt mags from various foreign contractors for under $50.  I have heard that several of these contract mags work well.

Also expect to spend at least $70 for good HK German mags.  Stay away from stick mags, or foreign contract mags.  Although some have had good experiences with Paki curved mags, I stick to German curved mags.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
You say watching a submachine gun match got you interested in an MP5 but you don't want a machine gun.  You should have your head examined.

You could spend $4000 for a semi auto MP5 wanna be or you could spend $3000 for a NIB Vector UZI SMG and $1000 for practice ammo and be winning Subgun matches next time around.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]
David/HKocher,

People still winning Subgun matches with TASK slow fire conversions?  I recall that they were doing quite well.  I have not participated or observed one (kind of hard to do here in IL), but I remember reading about American 180's doing pretty well because of the huge mags).

I will definitely second the Vector UZI as a possible--for the money, it's a hell of a deal right now (hopefully, I'll get one before the prices go through the roof on them--my brother in a free state will get it until I finish school and move, but at least it locks in the price now).
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 1:37:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey HKocher,

This is completely off topic, but I was hoping you could tell me how to put a cool picture under my name like you! I can't see it in the help section.

Thanks

SAMHAIN44
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll have to second Hkocher on the HK 94. I've got one and I hate to say it but the AR's would go before it. shoots extremely well right out of the box, and after 3,500 rds. it hasn't skipped a beat-not once, not ever....

Just my 2 cents though
Top Top