Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2001 1:56:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I will go tomorrow (Sunday) morning.  I will have to dig out my [b]Team AR15.COM[/b] shirt that I have been saving for special occations like this.

I have my want list all made out.  My main goal is to buy some reference books.  I know that there is a guy there that has good prices on first rate books, plus no tax or shipping at show.  I also want to get a nice bolt action 7.62 rifle, either one of those Indian Enfields or a Spanish FR-8.  I just got the Garand, so must get some Garand clips and misc items for it.  While I am at it, I need a bolt for a Mauser M1895.  If I see a extra-specially nice Yugo M48, at a fair price, I will grab it.  On my list from last show is a M1903A3 stock set and metal to restore my Remington back to military configuration.  Maybe this time I will get lucky.  

Wish me luck

OSA
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#3]

No comment on ammo prices,
as MA will not allow
out-of-staters to buy.
View Quote

I feel that CT is much
safer because of this.

Thank you MA!!!!

Link Posted: 10/6/2001 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I went today. Good show. High caps were a bit pricey but there in abundance. I seemed to notice alot more chem suits for sale, didn't really look at prices. Not many masks only ones I saw were relics. I noticed a few guys selling m17 filters, one guy for $25 ohter for 19.9something. I remeber when they were $5, made me chuckle.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I picked up some Black Hills 68 gr and a South African 300 round battle pack later in the day.
View Quote

How much did you end up paying for the SA Battlepack?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm going to try the Dayton show this month. Anyone know the schedule for the Dayton shows?

View Quote

October 20th is the next one. The schedule is on www.gunshow.net
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got back.  Prices were high, people were rude, but over-all it was worth it.
I did pick up a real nice FN 1949 in 7.92mm.  I also bought a bunch of Garand clips 4/$1 (cheapest I seen, most were $1 each and Shurluk had them for $0.50 but they were all rusted to heck).  I did pick up one of Shurluks flat-top scope mounts, and a rubber plug for the bottom of my grip.  I bought a few books also, from the guy on the side wall.  

OSA
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I didn't find anything I liked, except the custom handguns form the guy from VA, who had no clue about MA gun laws. He had a couple of beautiful Hi-Powers, but no way for me to buy one. I was able to have a guy rig up a sling for my 590A1, all out of Bagmaster pieces. Ended up costing me abouty $20.

Of course the most reliable attraction is the beef jerky table, always in the first row from the wall on the left. Some Terriyaki jerky and some Polish sticks (love the multi-national mix).

Somewhat dissapointing, but fun anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top