Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2001 9:58:31 AM EDT
I've been thinking about buying some shooting/training videos.  Who makes the most informative out there?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I have found Gunsite videos to be well done, but very basic. My personal opinion is that these videos are not worth the money because they are too short and do not cover the topic in sufficient detail. For example, the two tapes on knives, Tactical Edged Weapons I & II, have a combined run time, and cover about the same material, as one good tape by other instructors (such as Kelly Worden or Michael Janich).

The best shooting videos I have seen are by Louis Awerbuck. Well done and a ton of information in each. Ayoob also has some good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
So what are some good titles?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Since this is the AR15 site, I will assume you are wanting tapes on the AR. I like the Tactical Carbine tape from Gunsite. It is basic, but covers a lot of ground to intoduce folks who aren't into the rifle to it. The Thunder Ranch tape is, aahhhh, how do I say it, boring? The Gunsite tape is professionally done, the one from Clint at Thunder Ranch looks like it was done without a script with a camcorder. I kept falling asleep while Clint rambles on and on about sundry things. My .02 anyway.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, there's Lethal Weapon III, and Barbwire and.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#5]
sgf...

Try this one:

http://www.gunaccessories.com/Video/ConcealedCarry/index.asp

[;D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#6]
The instructor that uses our range and used to instruct at gunsite likes Louis Awerbuck. When I went to tour Gunsite he was there teaching a pistol class. Really good instructor.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's the videos I've seen:
Gunsite: Tactical Concealed Weapons I - good for beginners, but pricey.
Tactical Pistol I - same as the CW.
Lenny MaGill(?): Concealed weapons and the Galaxy Renowned (according to Lenny) fastest draw from concealment - I actually liked alot of the info, but got tired of him posing for the camera...Now his wife on the other hand.......
I also saw his AR video, the best part was with Clark showing takedown and how he shoots Soldier of Fortune matches.
Louis Awerbuck: the Shotgun video - this one I liked alot! I borrowed it so I don't know about cost.
Ahern: "How to carry and spot concealed weapons" - I got this one from Ayoob/LFI, watched it once and sent it back the next day asking for a refund of my $47. Terrible filming, lots of swagger and cute comments not as good as the other two CCW tapes above. Never even covered how to "spot" concealed weapons.
Ayoob: Judicious Use Of Deadly Force - THIS is a good video. I thought  the info was straight on. I'll watch this one again.
NRA: Learn Gun Safety With Eddie Eagle - Jason Priestly is, like, soooooooooo cute! NOT!
Seriously, I thought he was kinda out of date for the kids now ('course, I don't know when this was filmed). It's a good video for little kids, if backed up with some good teaching from a parent with real firearms experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top