Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2001 6:45:23 AM EDT
I was told by a large wholesaler in Massachusetts that USA manufacterers will be utilitized for military production of .223 and 9mm and to expect shortages.

Yesterday, I spoke to 5 wholesalers looking for .223 and all but one was completely out.  These are companies that normally have a large stock.

Whether the shortages are real or caused by panic is irrelevant.  The point is is that ammo IS NOW in short supply and you should buy what you can, when you can.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#1]
*Yawn* Or wait a week or two until the people start selling their hoards.  
Just because it is becoming scarce does not mean that it will always be scarce.

Sounds like some people are trying to ream Mr. Joe Public with scare tactics.

BTW Have our troops even landed yet?
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:19:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I just checkked, Eric the Ammoman is still shipping.  [URL]www.ammoman.com[/URL]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#5]
You people on the east coast should lay off the crack!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:35:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you really don't need it, don't buy it and help reduce the demand. Buy a little food instead.
View Quote

Don't need more ammo?  How can you utter such blasphemy? [:)]  One thing that's good about a time like this is we can see who reacts by raising prices or doesn't keep up with demand.  I noticed a lot of out of stock labels on cheaper than dirt's site, whereas [url]www.ammoman.com[/url] had plenty of stuff in stock, with good prices as usual.  Not likely to have long term problems getting ammo, but why not take advantage of an excuse to buy ammo that will end up getting shot one way or another.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Cartman voice: "Lessee...Nope... Sorry... No ammo shortages here...."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top