Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2001 2:23:04 AM EDT
We were on vacation in Nice, France, when the attacks happened.  Info was was hard to come by, as all of the news reports were in French.  I would either get spotty translations from my wife, or second hand info from her family over there, which was once again translated to me.  Very aggravating.
Also, very strange.  I left my country for two weeks, then returned to a different country.  A country on a war footing    But, I am in the groove.  We WILL get Osama and gang.  But, we will have to turn over a lot of rocks to be able to stomp them when they crawl out from under their rock.

Oh yea, check out what some folks drive when gas is $4.50 or so a gallon.  It's a nice place to visit, but I would not want to live there.  They do make a great cup of coffee, that I have to say.

Paris, France

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/033/mf/sy/bd/AN65916.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 2:30:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Mercedes Benz makes a car that looks like that.

Pretty cool navigating in that traffic I would assume.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 2:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
That's not a car...it's a roller skate on steroids!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
my question is? why are we being held hostage to high fuel prices by middle eastern countries??????
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:30:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Geezzz...my Honda ATV is bigger than that! Glad that you're back "safe" (what ever that means right now). What was the mood of the French? Do they realize that this could be them too?
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
my question is? why are we being held hostage to high fuel prices by middle eastern countries??????
View Quote

OffRoad, they pay that much over there because most of it is taken by their communist government in the form of taxes.  Canadians also take a high hit on taxes at the pump.

In the U.S. gas has actually been beating out inflation for years.  It may not seem that way, but in reality the retail price of gas [i]overall[/i], has held better than any other commodity that I can think of.  I just wonder how long this will last, how long before we are all at the pregnant rollerskate dealer looking to do a trade in?      
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Did any of the french try to surrender to you while you were there????
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Geezzz...my Honda ATV is bigger than that! Glad that you're back "safe" (what ever that means right now). What was the mood of the French? Do they realize that this could be them too?
View Quote

Yea, we are glad to be back in one piece, too.  My wife and I were wondering if we would have to become beach bums on the French Riviera.

The French people were very upset over what happened.  They realize it could happen to them. Imagine Paris without the Eiffel Tower!   They were saying we are justified to strike back , but they are concerned WWIII could start over all of this.  But now the French government seems to have cooled it's support for the coalition.  Typical.

What really struck me as strange, was even before all of this happened, I noticed that everyone over there was immensely interested in our political goings ons.  The Europeans have such strong opinions you would swear it was their politics they were discussing!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top