Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2001 5:01:00 AM EDT
It has been over a week now and the US has yet to retaliate.  I understand that intel and planning takes time, but some action other than talk needs to happen....and soon.

I have all the faith in the world towards GWB but my concern is that if he waits to long he will lose some of the support of the general public.  I already see this happening to some extent.

Anyone have insight that could enlighten me??  I am just to impatient?? [>:/]  [>:/]

Opinions wanted!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Patience, my friend.

Let them sweat it awhile. Let them go to sleep each nite wondering if tonite is the nite. Let them wake up each morning early thankful to be alive, but fearing what this day may bring.

Lets get ALL our ducks in a row. Lets get a few allies on board. Give the Joint Chiefs time to plan. Give the line commanders time to train. Give the grunts time to build their anger. Lets amass weapons and munitions.

Their time will come. And they know it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:09:02 AM EDT
[#2]
"Revenge is best served cold."

That can mean two things, and it does. Wait until they aren't expecting it, and fry their asses.

Ian

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:12:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, my main concern is that the public will forget....I would hate to see that motivation go away.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:20:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well, my main concern is that the public will forget....I would hate to see that motivation go away.

sgtar15
View Quote

Worse, when the flag draped coffins start pouring in, our resolve is sure to be tested.

THEN it will be time to re-broadcast the photos of planes smashing into our building, and lists 5,000 names long of our dead.

War is an ugly business. No doubt.

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:28:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out this website, it probably needs to be shut down but will make you feel better about GW's response.

[url]http://www.debka.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:31:31 AM EDT
[#6]
It took us 6 months to retaliate against Japan, following Pearl Harbor.  Granted we have far superior weapons and delivery systems today vs. 60 years ago, but we will strike back. I wouldn't expect anything for a few more weeks at least. Yes the anticiaption is getting all of us, but it will come.

I also think that when we do strike back, we don't need to show our a** by dancing in the streets like the jerk-offs on the Gaza strip, passing out candy and crap.  We just need to be very matter of fact publicly over it.  Then go inside your homes or favorite watering hole and have a drink and a toast to those we lost.  Save the dancing in the streets for when this all ends, and then have the party in Times Square like at the end of WWII.

(edited for spelling)
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Check out this website, it probably needs to be shut down but will make you feel better about GW's response.

[url]http://www.debka.com/[/url]
View Quote

After reading the shit on this link, even though I have 30,000 plus rounds of ammo me thinks me might need to go buy some more.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:39:19 AM EDT
[#8]
this suspense is killing me. Every time the phone rings I think that it's "the call."

This whole thing is on my mind 24/7. I hope they call soon because not knowing is the worst.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:04:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Smokycity, I understand what you mean by six-months after Pearl Harbor for publicized attacks against Japan.
However, on the afternoon of December 8, 1941 the order was given to the Pacific Fleet Submarine Force to "Immediately execute unrestricted submarine warfare against the Empire of Japan."  The sub force was barely touched by the Pearl Harbor attack and were almost immediately at sea searching for targets. No publicity of course.
We'll respond this time within thirty-days and it probably takes about that long to properly position assets.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#10]
sgtar15.

respectfully, you have it all wrong.

If we start bombing mud huts and killing innocents, we will be doing exactly what the terrorists want, building them up...

You could start it right now.  Here are some ideas.

#1 - are you ready should a terrorist strike in your AO.  Does your PD have a sniper that is trained?  Have you attended a community meeting to ensure that the local mil and PD are getting the support and OVERSIGHT they need to avoid being caught with their pants down? Remember, they are employees of YOUR government. They work for you.

#2 - have you walked your neighborhood, looking for suspicious behavior

#3 - have you attempted to organize a peaceful rally of American Flag wavers in your local city's Muslim community?

#4 - Have you invested time to ensure all your friends understand that choice of religion is a protected right in this country and innocent Muslims should not be targeted?

#5 - have you contacted you state shooting assn. to volunteer your time to teach men who have enlisted. Let's make them riflemen before they report for duty.

As a New Jersey firefighter, I can tell you first hand, we will NEVER forget.  There is no need to rush in with smart bombs, let's work on making it real hard for them to hide, get money or even feed themselves.....then, let's hunt them down and feed them their balls before we kill them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:20:11 AM EDT
[#11]
SINCE THE TERRORISTS ACTED ON A FITTING DATE,
911,MAYBE WE ARE WAITING FOR A DATE THAT WOULD BE FITTING FOR THEIR CULTURE,711!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:20:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Medicjim-
I belong to the camp of why have we not done anything yet?!?!?  Thank you for reminding me to keep my feelings in check, and  to use the brain God has graced me with to outthink my enemies, and be prepared for what will come.
We should ALL be prepared for anything.  Are your BOB's up to date?  Do you have a system in place for E&E?  Do you have a defense program with you SO/neighbors?  What about a neighborhood watch?  We MUST show the world that the USA is still the baddest mother in the valley!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#13]
One small point. It is just syntax, but still...

This is my country....I am hunting for terrorists, not preparing to evade them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#14]
This isnt the Clinton Admin.  There could already be LRS teams in Afganistan and we wouldnt know about it...

These people are hard to find, so it could take a while for the LRS teams to find things worth hitting.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Remember that Colin Powell was the mastermind behind the Gulf War.  If memory serves me correctly, it took over 6 months of planning and supply before the assault could begin.  Besides, we don't want to waste cruise missles on asperin factories ie bill clinton.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Remember the old poster of two vultures sitting on the branch?
One says to the other---
"...Patience, my ASS, I'm gonna kill something!"

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Well at 1pm EDT ABC was reporting the Secretary of Defense was starting to sign out Deployment Orders...so its coming soon..be patient.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Every day, over the next three months, they are gonna be pulling bodies out of that wreckage.

Some, probably most, are gonna be mangled beyond recognition.

We have got over 5,400 reasons to pulverize Osama et al, and those reasons are gonna be making news every single night.

I don't see how Americans are gonna be able to forget. I just don't see it.

I hope I am not wrong, cuz if I am, I may consider moving.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Hows tomorrow sound?

[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/627086.asp?0cm=c20[/url]

This is obvioulsy not the Clinton Admin.  They wont say where they are going, at all.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
After reading the shit on this link, even though I have 30,000 plus rounds of ammo me thinks me might need to go buy some more.
View Quote

Someone once wrote that "ammunition will be the currency of the 21st century."
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Its already started,PSYCH-OPS.Right now,while we are getting our ducks in a row,we are messing with them.They are on full alert,they don't know when but they know its comming.Being on full alert for an extended period depletes the senses and gives FEAR time to build.Our Country has a reputation around the world,they stepped over the line in a big way and I'm sure they know it or will find out soon.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Figure a week to send all ships. Than add an hour to load a few 100 Metaton bombs, a few more hours to fly towards the target.

Hmmmm, we should almost be finished by now. [}:D]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I heard a good quote today,aledgedly from the President; "We are not going to launch a 2Million dollar missle, to destroy a $10 tent and kill a camel."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top