Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 9/30/2006 6:44:37 PM EDT
Who believes/had an encounter/not sure/ believe when the see it?

Yeah, I'm bored!
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Never seeen It but if i were loaded I would go on a bigfoot hunting trip
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Who is the Arfcommer that did that?
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Check over at big foot forums.  I think that is what it is called.  They talk about what load to use for bigfoot like we talk about zombie loads.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I hit one one night in the Van Duzer corridor on my way to the beach but I never slowed down so who knows....?
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who is the Arfcommer that did that?

McUzi and some other knuckleheads posted on a bigfoot forum about hunting one of the creatures.  It ended with McUzi getting assraped by the smelly beast.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Some people from here went trolling at the bigroot forum quite a while ago.

Somebody posted over there a story about getting ass-raped by a bigfoot.

Pretty funny stuff.

ETA:   Damn.  Beat by a couple of minutes.

Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
So would 5.56 be effective??
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to be about 90% percent sure it was real. wife was about 10%.

we went camping, in the sam houston national forest, and HEARD it. howling and wood knocks.

link

we heard the exact same thing they have recorded as the "ohio howl". we also heard wod knocking.

we left ASAP, as we just picked a spot in the national forest, and no one knew where we were, and it wanst a designated campground.

both my wife and I are 100% sure its real.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I just.. really doubt it.

If it IS real though well..

Jack Links commercials all the way for me!
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Dream on.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dream on.

So I better use the Marlin 1895 at least??
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

we went camping, in the sam houston national forest, and HEARD it. howling and wood knocks.

link

we heard the exact same thing they have recorded as the "ohio howl". we also heard wod knocking.

we left ASAP, as we just picked a spot in the national forest, and no one knew where we were, and it wanst a designated campground.

I heard of a fellow who heard this sound, then saw two of the creatures.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#14]
i saw him on a jerky ad..    must be real
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

link

I heard of a fellow who heard this sound, then saw two of the creatures.

thats what i was afraid of. the whole time we were packing up the car, i was afraid it would be right there, just watching.

the reason I believe, (besides hearing them) is simple. too many people, (like 8 year olds saying 'mommy mommy, why is there a big hairy man chasing the horses') giving a description that is so similar.

many many people have reported seeing them, and never told anyone because they everyone says 'youre a loon!'

obviosly, they are very shy, and probably about as smart as a very smart dog.

they are nocturnal, and are afraid of dogs and roads. (most houses in the country have dogs, and the majority of most peoples time away from their homes is onthe road.)

I read an interesting article about a man who had 3 pit bulls (that he fought regularly. he told this on anonimity) get killed, by what he believed was a big foot.

he had them on runners between trees, and found all three dead the next morning, thrown/bashed into the trees.

weird.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#16]
What I meant was i would go on an all out safari and see for myself and if it were real I'd kill it and hang its head on the wall
BTW 50 bmg
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes I think they exist and NO  a 5.56 won't be adequate. You'll need at LEAST  a .308
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What I meant was i would go on an all out safari and see for myself and if it were real I'd kill it and hang its head on the wall
BTW 50 bmg

ive thought about this, and from eye witness reports, (and measurements, like 'it was looking in the bottom half of the window' when the bottom half of the window is 8' off the ground)

it would be like shooting a "VERY muscular" (eye witness quote) person that is 7-8 feet tall.

you will need gen 3 NV, and FLIR would help A LOT.

you could probably hunt a road, DEEP in the forest. you would probably have to devote a year of your life to this.

lay out some food stuff, and suspend it about 6ft inthe air.

Id be about 200-300M away.

you would have to sit and watch for MONTHS to MAYBE see something.

my vote for caliber? .416 barret or 50
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:17:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I do love a big foot thread I'm not 100% sure I believe, but I've heard some great stories, and heard some strange noises up in the mountains.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#20]
oh, and some day, somewhere, a hunter is gonna see one, and blast it. then, all the guessing is over.

with the number of deer taken in the country every year, its only a matter of time, till somone pops one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

link

Heh holy crap.  Bigfoot or not, the howling is pretty creepy as is.  The wood knocking following it would have freaked me right the fuck out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Sure I believe in Bigfoot...Saw it for 8 straight years...daily...even got a pic of him..

Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Okay guys.  bigfoot "reality check".

Think about these Bigfoot "facts".

Bigfoot ( Sasquatch ):

Can be heard vocalizing.  In fact there are some very good ( and spooky ) recordings out there that audiologists find spooky.  Even if most recordings are fakes ( and they probably are ) there a re a handful that are VERY intriguing.

Has been seen by numerous people throughout the world and throughout history.  "Wild Men" have been seen from Ancient Rome to the Himalayas to China and Japan, Canada, Northern Europe, North America, South Amrerica and even Australia.  "Bigfoot" is known by several names.

An interesting aside to that is that Bigfoot is often ( though not always ) seen near the encampments and civilization of men and he does not always reside in the "deep woods or mountains".  One of the most common places in America that Bigfoot are seen is in OKLAHOMA of all places.  Not exactly a state rife with places to hide.  Yet Sasquatch are seen there often.

If Sasquatch are so terrifically shy of men....why are they so often seen by men?  I can go days without seeing a mountain lion in areas that are full of them yet the reclusive Bigfoot is spotted more often than mountain lions it seems.

Why do Bigfoot leave traces, tracks and other signs yet no one has EVER trapped one or brought one out alive OR dead?  Why has no one ever seen a dead one or at least been able to retrieve a Bigfoot corpse?

Why do Bigfoot seems to tease men with wood knocking, howling and playing pranks like stealing livestock or farm or camping accoutraments?

Most animals have eyes that shine yellow or green when lit up with artifical light yet Bigfoot have glowing red eyes that need no outside illumination.  In fact, as member here can attest, when you try to spot a Bigfoot in a light, they vanish.  This is a very common phenomenon with Bigfoot.  Why is that?

There IS a single answer that covers every one of these questions....and that answer is NOT that Bigfoot is fake or a hoax. It is true that folks DO hoax Bigfoot evidence and sightings BUT that does NOT mean that honest people have not experienced the Bigfoot phenomen because they have.

Can anyone tell me why you can't catch a Bigfoot?  There is a very good reason.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#24]
this is a often posted subject in the OK forum, there was a dude that claimed to have hunted one and a self proclaimed SF member in their party shot one, but they couldn't recover its body cause the other bigfeet dragged it off,

just go to the OK forum and ask for the resident bigfoot expert, you'll get an answer pdq
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#25]

McUzi and some other knuckleheads posted on a bigfoot forum about hunting one of the creatures. It ended with McUzi getting assraped by the smelly beast.

well that does it. bigfoot is obviously very dangerous.
If I ever encounter one I will go on the offensive at assrape it immediately as a preemptive strike.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Yes I think they exist and NO  a 5.56 won't be adequate. You'll need at LEAST  a .308

I read this and I have to wonder if a thirty round mag dump of 5.56 would work...One round probably not thirty rounds mabye.....I would think that the loud noise followed by the pain would scare it off.......because its semi-intelegent...but thats only if you belive and well I dont.....
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Some People listen to too much, Coast to Coast AM.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
oh, and some day, somewhere, a hunter is gonna see one, and blast it. then, all the guessing is over.

with the number of deer taken in the country every year, its only a matter of time, till somone pops one.

Not gonna happen.

You can't kill bigfoot.  You can't shoot down UFO's.  You can't get good pics/video of ghosts.

Do you know why?

They aren't real.  They do EXIST but they are not physical entities like you, me, dogs, or your car.

It's a hard concept to wrap your head around, but it's what a lot of extremely intelligent researchers believe.  

desertmoon and I tend to agree on these subjects

Bigfoot, UFO's, Lizard People, Fairies, Werewolves, etc. are all related.  They have all been a part of the human experience for as long as human beings have existed.

Do we know for sure where they come from or what they are?  No.  There are many theories but most of the theories are downright silly.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#29]
If there were such thing as a Big Foot some one like me would have hauled his ass out of the woods along time ago.   Then again maybe they did and just kept it quiet.  My Grandpa told me bigfeet taste like a cross between Manatee and Spotted Owl.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#30]
By the way, I saw someone advocating the use of NODS or FLIR equipment.  Don't waste your time.  Sasquatch do not show up on IR.  Several folks have tried IR and a couple of the gang here tried it with ZERO success.

Other phenomenon MAY show up on IR.  UFOs, to some extent have been known to do so but, to me, that is almost immediately indicitive of the fact that the phenomenon being witnessed is of manmade origin.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

You can't kill bigfoot.  You can't shoot down UFO's.  You can't get good pics/video of ghosts.

Do you know why?

They aren't real.  They do EXIST but they are not physical entities like you, me, dogs, or your car.

It's a hard concept to wrap your head around, but it's what a lot of extremely intelligent researchers believe.  

Ding Ding Ding!!!

EXACTLY!
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

link

Heh holy crap.  Bigfoot or not, the howling is pretty creepy as is.  The wood knocking following it would have freaked me right the fuck out.

the best part, was when we heard it, we were both about to go to sleep. neither of us said anything. we didnt want to freak the other one out. when we heard the wood knocks, i looked at her and said 'wanna go?'

she jumped at the opurtunity. we both heard the EXACT same thing, and it was creepy as hell.

we both have been out in the woods before, we are both from the country, we both go hunting, shooting and fishing. Im and Eagle Scout, and in all my nights in the woods, have NEVER heard something so creepy (read: different) in my whole life.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't believe in Bigfoot, but the SkunkApe, that is a different story....
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

Do you know why?

Ding Ding Ding!!!

EXACTLY!

uhh, then what about the foot prints and even alleged hair and scat samples?
How does a non-physical entity leave footprints and shitpiles?
Are the shitpiles really turds from another spiritual plane? Perhaps if we partake of them we will ascend to the non-physical realm of the wise and gentle Sasquatch?

Come on people get real! Bigfeets are really space aliens from Uranus!
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

Do you know why?

Ding Ding Ding!!!

EXACTLY!

OK. I see what you are saying. it is a thing in our heads that we see as REAL. we REALLY hear it and see it, but its really just our head (subconcious parts) 'seeing and hearing'

fair enough.

I wont argue.

I can agree, that no one will know 100% until one comes up shot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

Do you know why?

Ding Ding Ding!!!

EXACTLY!

Are the shitpiles really turds from another spiritual plane? Perhaps if we partake of them we will ascend to the non-physical realm of the wise and gentle Sasquatch?

Come on people get real! Bigfeets are really space aliens from Uranus!

+1

there was astory at BFRO (the link i posted) that a guys front door was open, and he say it through the glass in the door, and he ran to close it, but it PUSHED back.

could have been his mind I suppose.

how did my wife and I hear the exact same thing at the exact same time?
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

Do you know why?

Ding Ding Ding!!!

EXACTLY!

Are the shitpiles really turds from another spiritual plane? Perhaps if we partake of them we will ascend to the non-physical realm of the wise and gental Sasquatch?

Come on people! bigfeets are really space aliens from Uranus!

People have been "abducted" by aliens and doctors have studied strange scars and markings on them after the fact.

Cattle have been mutilated in ways impossible for any known predator or human to accomplish.

Stuff gets moved around by ghosts all the time.

Scorch marks from UFO landings, heightened radiation readings, crop circles.

The evidence is real...

It's very hard to rationalize, I know.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

Do you know why?

Ding Ding Ding!!!

EXACTLY!

Are the shitpiles really turds from another spiritual plane? Perhaps if we partake of them we will ascend to the non-physical realm of the wise and gental Sasquatch?

People have been "abducted" by aliens and doctors have studied strange scars and markings on them after the fact.

Cattle have been mutilated in ways impossible for any known predator or human to accomplish.

The evidence is real...

Wait a second.  Are you saying aliens, chupacabra, ghosts, UFOs, AND bigfoot are ALL real?

This is the second time in 30 seconds I've had to ask.. are you high?
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Holy two pages! I started this because I am interested in Sasquatch lore and have been spending time on www.BFRO.net    www.bigfootforum.com   and   www.bigfootdiscussions.com     and has me thinking. I have had a not sure encounter about 1984 or so while deer hunting in Tuscaloosa Co. AL.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

Do you know why?

Ding Ding Ding!!!

EXACTLY!

OK. I see what you are saying. it is a thing in our heads that we see as REAL. we REALLY hear it and see it, but its really just our head (subconcious parts) 'seeing and hearing'

fair enough.

I wont argue.

We're not saying it's all in your head.

Collective experiences of strange phenomenon are quite common.  

Basically what we're saying is that it's not as simple as a hairy man-like thing that lives in the woods.  UFO's aren't space craft from distant planets.  

There are things about the universe and our existence that we have not even begun to understand.  There is a lot going on that we can't comprehend.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Okay guys.  bigfoot "reality check".

Think about these Bigfoot "facts".

Bigfoot ( Sasquatch ):

Can be heard vocalizing.  In fact there are some very good ( and spooky ) recordings out there that audiologists find spooky.  Even if most recordings are fakes ( and they probably are ) there a re a handful that are VERY intriguing.

Has been seen by numerous people throughout the world and throughout history.  "Wild Men" have been seen from Ancient Rome to the Himalayas to China and Japan, Canada, Northern Europe, North America, South Amrerica and even Australia.  "Bigfoot" is known by several names.

An interesting aside to that is that Bigfoot is often ( though not always ) seen near the encampments and civilization of men and he does not always reside in the "deep woods or mountains".  One of the most common places in America that Bigfoot are seen is in OKLAHOMA of all places.  Not exactly a state rife with places to hide.  Yet Sasquatch are seen there often.

If Sasquatch are so terrifically shy of men....why are they so often seen by men?  I can go days without seeing a mountain lion in areas that are full of them yet the reclusive Bigfoot is spotted more often than mountain lions it seems.

Why do Bigfoot leave traces, tracks and other signs yet no one has EVER trapped one or brought one out alive OR dead?  Why has no one ever seen a dead one or at least been able to retrieve a Bigfoot corpse?

Why do Bigfoot seems to tease men with wood knocking, howling and playing pranks like stealing livestock or farm or camping accoutraments?

Most animals have eyes that shine yellow or green when lit up with artifical light yet Bigfoot have glowing red eyes that need no outside illumination.  In fact, as member here can attest, when you try to spot a Bigfoot in a light, they vanish.  This is a very common phenomenon with Bigfoot.  Why is that?

There IS a single answer that covers every one of these questions....and that answer is NOT that Bigfoot is fake or a hoax. It is true that folks DO hoax Bigfoot evidence and sightings BUT that does NOT mean that honest people have not experienced the Bigfoot phenomen because they have.

Can anyone tell me why you can't catch a Bigfoot?  There is a very good reason.

The skinwalker thread is ringing a bell. If they are here, and real, but not physically like you, me and this keyboard, why do they leave footprints, supposably, and other signs like the hair samples that can't be IDed?
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#42]
WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS CRAZY PEOPLE. DO NOT CLICK.

oh too late!
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

Do you know why?

Ding Ding Ding!!!

EXACTLY!

fair enough.

I wont argue.

We're not saying it's all in your head.

Collective experiences of strange phenomenon are quite common.  

Basically what we're saying is that it's not as simple as a hairy man-like thing that lives in the woods.  UFO's aren't space craft from distant planets.  

There are things about the universe and our existence that we have not even begun to understand.  There is a lot going on that we can't comprehend.

oh.

fair enough. guess we will never know till we see one dead on CNN.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

Do you know why?

Ding Ding Ding!!!

EXACTLY!

The evidence is real...

Wait a second.  Are you saying aliens, chupacabra, ghosts, UFOs, AND bigfoot are ALL real?

Are you saying that countless similar experiences throughout the ages from every part of the world are ALL made up?  

Are you high?

This stuff has been going on at least since the time that man learned how to scrape a drawing on a cave wall.  They saw weird stuff then and we see weird stuff now.  Anyone who claims that nothing strange is going on and we have it all figured out is seriously close-minded and/or needs to do some research.

Look into a few books by Jacques Valle.

Read Daimonic Reality by Patrick Harpur.

Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you saying that countless similar experiences throughout the ages from every part of the world are ALL made up?  

Are you high?

This stuff has been going on at least since the time that man learned how to scrape a drawing on a cave wall.  They saw weird stuff then and we see weird stuff now.  Anyone who claims that nothing strange is going on and we have it all figured out is seriously close-minded and/or needs to do some research.

No, I'm just asking you if you believe all of those things are real.  No, I'm not high, but I have a feeling I probably should be.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

the best part, was when we heard it, we were both about to go to sleep. neither of us said anything. we didnt want to freak the other one out. when we heard the wood knocks, i looked at her and said 'wanna go?'

she jumped at the opurtunity. we both heard the EXACT same thing, and it was creepy as hell.

we both have been out in the woods before, we are both from the country, we both go hunting, shooting and fishing. Im and Eagle Scout, and in all my nights in the woods, have NEVER heard something so creepy (read: different) in my whole life.

Trust me I know the feeling

I can vividly recall two instances where I have experienced something so "irrational" I would have thought I was losing my mind if I were by myself.  In both instances the person I was with described what I seen/heard with 100% accuracy.

Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#47]
What I want to know is who goes out into the woods bigfoot or not with out a firearm...bears, mountian lions, and the like are real enough....I wouldnt shoot a bigfoot unless it threatend me(I dont think they are real IM just sayin) because if they are realwouldnt they be endangered and they arnt coming into our lives and hurting humans so why hunt them.....
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you high?

No, I'm just asking you if you believe all of those things are real.  No, I'm not high, but I have a feeling I probably should be.

Like I said, I believe that people really do experience those things and they aren't just imagining them.

Do I believe that bigfoot is leaning against a tree in some Oregon forest asleep right now? No.

Do I believe that UFOs are little green men from Uranus?  No.

It's not as black and white as some people make it out to be.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#49]
and almost every where I have gone camping I have heard woodknocking..I think that it is the wind or other campers or just kids messing around....
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Trust me I know the feeling

I can vividly recall two instances where I have experienced something so "irrational" I would have thought I was losing my mind if I were by myself.  In both instances the person I was with described what I seen/heard with 100% accuracy.

Lets hear it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top