Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2001 11:27:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Get an SKS. Prices are a little high in PRK right now, but if you look hard you should be able to get a good one for under $250. I paid $89-150 for mine a few years back when they were cheap. I could be wrong because I haven't priced one in a long time.  The Russian one's are a little better in quality than the Chinese ones, I don't know about the others.  
Larry
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#2]
SKS is a good choice, but it seems the market has dried up around here.

With the new SC ruling, you should be able to purchse some of the 7.62x39 AK style hunting rifles.  All we need now is DOJ to "bless" these guns (mental note: cold day in hell).
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#3]
SKS all the way! bought a russian 54 tula from LAGUNS (hollywood) on sunset 3 yrs. ago $220 forking great gun. they got a great site too LAGUNS.COM
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#4]
There's also the Ruger Mini-30, but to me Russian SKS is preferrable.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait for the NEW Yugo SKS's that are coming into the US soon. They will be well worth it. The best way to get an SKS without paying the CA prices is by an FFL - FFL transfer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want a Mini-30, email me. I have one with a cheap 3-9x scope, and I have only put exactly 140 rounds through it. I hardly ever use it, and could use the cash to buy a couple things I have had my eye on. Email me at [email protected] if interested.

I have a BUNCH of ammo for it too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey DVD,

I have both the SKS and the mini-30.  To tell you the truth I don't shoot either of them that much.  I mostly take out the AKs, but if I had to choose between the two I would take the SKS. I don't shoot mine much because it is russian and in pretty good shape.  They have romanian ones at Traders in San Leandro for 189 all the time.  I keep thinking about getting one but most I have seen up close are pretty rough.  

I am definitely going to get one of the Yugo ones when they come out.  They are (supposedly) in excellend condition with bayonet and grenade launcher on the barrel.  This should get by SB23 cause it has a ten round fixed magazine. They are supposedly gonna sell in the 300 dollar range though.

The mini-30 is an OK rifle, I really don't have any complaints about it, it just doesn't interest me enough to take it out and shoot it.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am definitely going to get one of the Yugo ones when they come out.  They are (supposedly) in excellend condition with bayonet and grenade launcher on the barrel.  This should get by SB23 cause it has a ten round fixed magazine. They are supposedly gonna sell in the 300 dollar range though.
View Quote

I spoke to a guy from CA that is trying to import these in (he is from the Bay Area). I hear they are NEW just resting in crates. Even with the fixed mag, I don't think they'll let us have the grenade launcher. We'll just have to see. If we go on the group buy on the AK forum, we should be able to get them for less than $300. I wonder how much the guy in CA will sell these for if he actually gets them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I want in on one of those Yugos also!  If they are new, I might get two of em.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top