Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2001 6:34:08 PM EDT
There seems to be alot of talk going around about the 308 spliting cases. go over to the Fal Files Fourms and have a look. The ones marked TZ 80 seem to be burning thru the case.
I have a few that look like the ones below but not like the one on the left. All of mine are marked TZ 80. I went thru and removed them. I found about 20 per thousand.

[url]www.l1a1.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=13&t=000499[/url]

[img]members.home.net/cglabe1/photos/kn4.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#1]
So you know the TZ 80 is bad ammo, you're finding about 20 rounds per thousand and cost is about $100 or less per thousand, so what is the question? I haven't bought any yet, I did buy some 223 though and I plan to buy some 308. At $89 a thousand (for the slightly tarnished) I figure it's worth going through and separating for plinking ammo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Case head failures are NOT good, especially the one on the left. Is it really worth saving $100 to risk having parts of your gun not designed for but being subjected to 52,000 psi of gasses traveling backwards towards your face? Take a look at some of the KB'ed Glocks and that will give you an idea of what happens on a smaller scale. From that pic it appears that there is a TZ77, TZ79 and the one on the left isn't even a TZ headstamp.
Top Top