Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/26/2006 1:42:59 AM EDT
Lots of empty talk about starting a revolution. Lots of talk about being really mad at those sell-out politicians. But what are you going to do about it? Send-a-brick wasn't a bad idea. Unfortunately, we just saw the results: the Senate voted for Amnesty anyway. So, what is PHASE 2? I heard some of the send-a-brick people talking about "the next phase". What is it...just sending more bricks? I think a LOT of people are finally ready to do something bigger. But what? I've said it before and I'll say it again. The illegals are motivated enough to march in the streets. Are you? I'm open to suggestions. And, "no", I don't think sending more bricks or e-mails or phone calls is going to do it....and I don't think most people here are ready to take up arms and start a war either...no matter how cool and tough it makes ya sound to talk about it . So, again, WHAT ARE WE/YOU DOING TO DO? Plenty of people are ready to jump on board if the right idea comes along.

ADD: Guerrilla Wall Building in front of the RINOs' offices? How long would it take to throw up a 6 x 6 brick wall? It would be removed fairly quickly of course, but it would make a statement (do it and post pics!) and no one would get hurt. LEGAL DISCLAIMER: please consult and adhere to your local building codes and obtain the proper licenses and registrations . "REVOLUTION! Oh, wait...where did I put that remote control. Betty...bring me my pot pie...burp!!"
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 1:59:03 AM EDT
[#1]
What'll be done?

Post about it on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 2:00:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep. And not a whole lot more .

ADD: I'm sure I'm going to have to btt this in the morning so more than just us night owls can help us come up with some ideas in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 2:02:37 AM EDT
[#3]
What can we do ? I'm actually looking for ideas, as I've been thinking about this very issue all night (been up all night thinking about it).  
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 3:23:50 AM EDT
[#4]
We're planning Phase 2 now.  My initial ideas are:

1. Motivated citizens hand-deliver bricks to district offices and set up meetings with staff to tell them personally WHY they want border security.  We will have a list of talking points and encourage people to stick to them so as not to get off topic.

2. Send bricks to district offices as well as Washington.

3. Stage demonstrations outside of district offices, particularly the offices of Republicans who voted for amnesty.

Obviously, number 3 is going to take organization.  If you are fired up about this issue and have a Senator who voted for amnesty, PLEASE step up to the plate and volunteer to coordinate a demonstration in your state.  I'm happy to do much of the planning and online networking, but the contact person and on-site leader HAS to be local.  I can't travel around the country at the drop of a hat, I have a two year old.  Not to mention I can't afford airline tickets.  So please, everyone who is mad about this, get in touch with me and ask how you can help staging a protest.  

If Mel Martinez can pave his aide's office with bricks and still vote yes on amnesty, then obviously we need to do more.  There need to be people outside his office with signs and megaphones and American flags.  Same goes for everyone else who voted for that piece of shit legislation last night.

If this goes on much longer, we will stage the mother of all protests in DC.  But first let's cut our teeth on local protests.  We need to know what to expect before taking on the Professional Protest Zone.  I am going to recruit the DC Chapter of Free Republic to help us with that when the time comes as they know what they are doing in that department.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 3:25:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I am going to post on here and some other places how I hate illegal aliens.  Then I will post to some of the illegal alien threads.  That is the extent to which I will go to thwart the illegal alien invasion.  Then I will go out and talk to my illegal alien lawncare worker, to make sure he trims the yard and hedges the way I want.  I will stop at Walmart and some other businesses that support illegal aliens during the day.  Tonight I will come home, watch American Idol, eat some cheap food, drink some cheap booze, and post how I hate illegal aliens.  Then I will write myself a note to make sure I leave explicit instructions to the illegal alien construction workers I have coming tomarrow to put up a garage.

Tomarrow I am going to start to learn Spanish, get a Mexican Flag to fly next to my American Flag, and see if I can find a Hispanic woman to marry.  I am also going to learn our new Spanish national anthem.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 3:28:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Our "leaders" have made the decision for us that we must be part of mexico and they know what is "best' for us...right? Where are all the bushbot, koolaid drinkers?
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 3:32:05 AM EDT
[#7]
further down the line, perhaps thers some way to use the application process as a protest. maybe getting millions of real americans to apply for amnesty and benefits with fake names or something. not sure how the government plans to do this, but if theres no "reasonable way to deport 10 million illegals", they must not plan on interviewing each one in person and checking their application. that would likely be harder than deporting them. maybe they use a mail in application. might make for some good press if real americans start displaying their new 'identities'. would be ironic too if the goverment tried prosecuting people for essentially the same crimes as they are granting amnesty.  

if this starts to look as if its going to pass the house, look for calls for a dna database and removal of canadian and mexican borders to follow. to me thats the only way to remotely manage the potential for fraud and abuse from this.

maybe the tinfoil hatters were on to somrthing...
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 3:34:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

1. Motivated citizens hand-deliver bricks to district offices and set up meetings with staff to tell them personally WHY they want border security.  We will have a list of talking points and encourage people to stick to them so as not to get off topic.

3. Stage demonstrations outside of district offices, particularly the offices of Republicans who voted for amnesty.

Obviously, number 3 is going to take organization.  If you are fired up about this issue and have a Senator who voted for amnesty, PLEASE step up to the plate and volunteer to coordinate a demonstration in your state.  I'm happy to do much of the planning and online networking, but the contact person and on-site leader HAS to be local.  I can't travel around the country at the drop of a hat, I have a two year old.  Not to mention I can't afford airline tickets.  So please, everyone who is mad about this, get in touch with me and ask how you can help staging a protest.  

If Mel Martinez can pave his aide's office with bricks and still vote yes on amnesty, then obviously we need to do more.  There need to be people outside his office with signs and megaphones and American flags.  Same goes for everyone else who voted for that piece of shit legislation last night.

If this goes on much longer, we will stage the mother of all protests in DC.  But first let's cut our teeth on local protests.  We need to know what to expect before taking on the Professional Protest Zone.  I am going to recruit the DC Chapter of Free Republic to help us with that when the time comes as they know what they are doing in that department.

Thanks, LL. Now those sound like some constructive plans. I like those suggestions because they involve doing something more. Again, send-a-brick is a great idea. Without this escalation, however, the movement would lose momentum. Good to hear that you (and a lot of good people here at ARFCOM) are making plans so that doesn't happen.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 3:40:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
further down the line, perhaps thers some way to use the application process as a protest. maybe getting millions of real americans to apply for amnesty and benefits with fake names or something. not sure how the government plans to do this, but if theres no "reasonable way to deport 10 million illegals", they must not plan on interviewing each one in person and checking their application. that would likely be harder than deporting them. maybe they use a mail in application. might make for some good press if real americans start displaying their new 'identities'. would be ironic too if the goverment tried prosecuting people for essentially the same crimes as they are granting amnesty.  

Right, that would be priceless...them trying to bring fraud charges against U.S. citizens when they just said that fraud was okay for all the illegals. And if, say 100,000 people did it... Interesting thought.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 3:42:39 AM EDT
[#10]
V

us normal folk have no say in government policy any more how can they represent us without listening to us.
They need to Stop insulting our intelligence!!!  
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 4:38:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I suggest, no matter what path we choose, the message needs to include that "SECURE THE BORDER OR - WE WILL VOTE YOU OUT OF OFFICE!"

I have a feeling, like so many arrogant politicians, that they feel "above" us peasants, that they are untouchable, that they have a career position in Congress.  The message, "We will vote you out of office!" is a reminder of their mortality in that office.

Thoughts?

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I say we set up posts and shoot everyone that voted for Amnesty.  I think if they feel that they can break or change the law maybe we can get the one about 1st degree murder changed as well.

JK!

Its sad but untill something big happens the little people like ourselves are going to continue to get cut down everytime!

Link Posted: 5/26/2006 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Send a brick is/was great.  Send an illegal would be better.  But we are going to need bigger boxes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#14]
It is clear that our government no longer act for the people, by the people.

Voting them out does no good.

There is one solution, one that shall not be discussed due to CoC......As I see it, its the only true way to get them in line. Fear is a great motivator. Unfortunately I don't see it happening soon....
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Can we get someone to post a list of the vote, so that anyone reading the thread will know how his/her patriot or scumbag voted?
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I suggest, no matter what path we choose, the message needs to include that "SECURE THE BORDER OR - WE WILL VOTE YOU OUT OF OFFICE!"

I have a feeling, like so many arrogant politicians, that they feel "above" us peasants, that they are untouchable, that they have a career position in Congress.  The message, "We will vote you out of office!" is a reminder of their mortality in that office.

Thoughts?

CMOS

The problem is that its the parties that are corrupt  (as well as the pols.).
So voting one of the bastards out of office is next to useless if the only alternative to that bastard is another who holds similar views and tows the party line.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 7:25:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thoughts?

CMOS

The problem is that its the parties that are corrupt  (as well as the pols.).
So voting one of the bastards out of office is next to useless if the only alternative to that bastard is another who holds similar views and tows the party line.

But the pols themselves only hold "true" allegiance to the parties as a way to stay in power.  I guaran-damn-tee you that these bastards will get the message after a succession of one-trick, one-term ponies.

ETA: The thought-process will go something like this: "Hmmn.  The party isn't suffering much of a net loss by this, but my predecessor sure did.  And *his* predecessor sure did.  And the one before him, as well.  Hmmn.  What's in it for me?  Toe the party line like all my predecessors and promptly be shown the door?"
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I researched it last night and I can reinstate my Mexican citizenship for $12.  Seems kind of steep to me for what you get, but I thought it might be worth having for when they eventually throw the rest of you gringos out of here.  Or maybe they will put you in zoos.

Evidently US citizenship is worth even less than $12.  At least that is what I gather from the US Sentate.

I can get Mexican citizenship for the kids too.  I told the wife that I could look into getting her a Mexican green card, but she didn't seem interested.

I'd better bone up on my Spanish.  The only words I know are Si, No, Taco, Burrito, Chimichunga and Cojones.  As in the Senate has no cojones.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 7:30:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Our "leaders" have made the decision for us that we must be part of mexico and they know what is "best' for us...right? Where are all the bushbot, koolaid drinkers?

I hope it never gets that far, but at this point, the Prez is not [edit]formally[/edit]in the loop/process.  Again, I restate for the record: I hope it never makes it to his desk, giving him the opportunity to sign or veto.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

CMOS

By Novemeber it will be too late. The damage will be done.

And who will you vote for in the alternative?
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Thoughts?

CMOS

That is indeed part of the problem.  If we vote them out of office, what kind of scumbags will they be replaced with ?  

We'll likely get a whole slew of politicians this year who tell us what we want to hear around election time, then do the same things the guys we have in right now are doing.  

Short of a dramatic and complete overhaul of Congress, followed by replacing these people with men and women who will follow/enforce the law, not much else will really achieve the desired solution.  It all boils down to the political parties, too.  They would need to be cleaned out and have most (if not all) of their people completely replaced.  

A revolution of sorts, yes, but (hopefully) of the bloodless kind.  I don't know where/how We The People will ever get that kind of political momentum, though.  

Additionally, threats of voting them out won't achieve much because a lot of these people aren't up for re-election anyways, they've been in office so long that they just don't care, and both (all) sides know that they can win a ton of votes by catering to illegals and their supporters.  The voting/election process is not secure, and I have no doubt that we already have illegals and other criminals voting without authorization to do so.  It's relatively simple to fake the documentation needed to register to vote.  Additionally, it becomes even easier when you factor in identity theft.  

These people have already committed fraud, which is a Federal felony, amongst other crimes by even being here, they clearly have no fear of or respect for the law.  As I interpret it, violating our Federal immigration laws is legally just as bad as violating the NFA or defrauding the government.  

We will be in a lot of trouble when these illegals start becoming citizens, because then they will be using the power of the vote that they have not earned to oppress us, and once it gets to that point, it will be too late.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Seems like some folks really want to find a reason to run around the streets with their AR's shooting the place up in the name of national security and protecting our borders.

Be my guest. I'd love to see you on the news. It would be cool espcially since sweeps is done an no new series have started yet.

As for mail-a-brick... if I were a mailman I would have a whole new reason to want to bring my bullet hose to work with me. You think those guys are unstable now... see how they are when they have to hump a few tons of bricks for what is obviously a pointless form of protest.

Why not deliver the bricks yourselves... take them to DC in your cars... fill your trunks... and get everyone to meet there at the same time, deliver the bricks and stack them up like a wall around the capitol building. If you can surround the capitol buildling with a wall at least 8" high you might turn a head or two if you don't get arrested first.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#24]
People like you are the ones that make it easy for them to vote the way they did.  

Your the type that sit back and do nothing but bitch at the way things are changing!

Shame!

Quoted:
Seems like some folks really want to find a reason to run around the streets with their AR's shooting the place up in the name of national security and protecting our borders.

Be my guest. I'd love to see you on the news. It would be cool espcially since sweeps is done an no new series have started yet.

As for mail-a-brick... if I were a mailman I would have a whole new reason to want to bring my bullet hose to work with me. You think those guys are unstable now... see how they are when they have to hump a few tons of bricks for what is obviously a pointless form of protest.

Why not deliver the bricks yourselves... take them to DC in your cars... fill your trunks... and get everyone to meet there at the same time, deliver the bricks and stack them up like a wall around the capitol building. If you can surround the capitol buildling with a wall at least 8" high you might turn a head or two if you don't get arrested first.

Link Posted: 5/26/2006 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Here is the list of the traitors to this ONCE great nation:

My home state traitors I highlighted in red

Grouped By Vote Position YEAs ---62
Akaka (D-HI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Bennett (R-UT)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brownback (R-KS)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carper (D-DE)
Chafee (R-RI)
Clinton (D-NY)
Coleman (R-MN)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Craig (R-ID)
Dayton (D-MN)
DeWine (R-OH)
Dodd (D-CT)
Domenici (R-NM)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Frist (R-TN)
Graham (R-SC)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagel (R-NE)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Obama (D-IL)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Smith (R-OR)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Stevens (R-AK)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (R-VA)
Wyden (D-OR)

Link Posted: 5/26/2006 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
People like you are the ones that make it easy for them to vote the way they did.  
Your the type that sit back and do nothing but bitch at the way things are changing!
Shame!

You're right.... keep watching CNN... you'll see me in the Washington Monument voting early this year.

You've been assimilated and don't even realize. Resistance is futile.

I swore an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic", however I can say with 100% certainty that if I hopped in my car and drove down to the border or even managed to organize a large number of veterans to join me and we started popping border jumpers that our oaths would keep us out of prison.

The Minutemen already served their purpose by making this issue public enough that it couldn't be ignored any longer. So doing what they do now would be fruitless IMHO. And yet elevating it to the next level would also yield no positive results... so say what you will... the way I see it, the border isn't the problem, the fucktards making all the decisison in this countr is. And if you think you can storm DC with a posse and demand they release us from their tyranny and allow the majority to decide what is best for the security of this country you are sadly living in a different reality than me.

I'm not a defeatist... I'm a realist.

The best opportunity for the people in this country who see these problems to take action will be when an enemy topples the government for them and allows the "patriots" to take it back. That's about the only way they would be seen as heroes or patriots versus terrorists or radicals or anarchists or gun nuts.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#27]

the only thing we should be doing with bricks now is throwing them through politic-related building windows a la "the window war".

Link Posted: 5/26/2006 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Apparently your solution is to watch TV and hope things change, and when they don't bend over and take it.

Look, the gov is out of control. They don't give a shit what is right or what is wrong, or what their constituents think. Only about what will get them elected, and once there, what will keep them there.

The other part of the problem their is a majority of Americans who are to stupid or too liberal to make any kind of rational decision. Until the gov learns who they work for, or the country is purged of stupid people and liberals, we are doomed. Period.

Do I think the best solution to some of these problems is to see almost all politicians swinging from lamp posts? Yes, absolutely.

Do I think its going to happen, unfortunately not.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#29]

See there again is a problem.  What is going to happen is when the spanish population outgrows the white population they will run the government the way they want and will make and change laws to fit their views.  Its not a white Vs other races but our ancestors made laws to protect them and their heritage.  We are losing what they fought and died for.  We are losing 1 vote at a time.  And many do not see this or would not do anything about it.  So if a brick was sent in protest then I feel that some effort was made to be herd.

Though out life people were assonated, tyrants were hung, we are a gutless society today were this is unheard of.  But our government is to work for the people and if they don't then they need to be removed any means necessary to keep true on how this country was formed in the first place.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#30]
So far this year, I have not and will not vote for any incumbents at state or federal level they have all pissed me off!!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#31]
So far this year, I have not and will not vote for any incumbents at state or federal level they have all pissed me off!!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Though out life people were assonated, tyrants were hung, we are a gutless society today were this is unheard of.  But our government is to work for the people and if they don't then they need to be removed any means necessary to keep true on how this country was formed in the first place.  

Right... and back in those days they didn't have a military with an essentially endless budget and weapons at their disposal backing them in the event of a "terrorist uprising". The enemy foreigh or "domestic" would then be the citizens who stand up to the government. Good luck with that. Whiel I'd love to see the politicians in this country spontaneously combust, it wouldn't solve all the problems If you believe it would you aren't seeing the whole picture.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Folks, it sounds like some of you have given up. But this fight isn't over yet. The Senate's vote isn't the final word. Unless the House agrees, which will be unlikely if we keep the push going, then the Senate's shitstain bill will end up in the garbage. However, if we just give up and crawl away now, they may compromise with the Senate.

So keep calling all of your representatives. As of right now, the House is firmly in our corner. We need to keep it that way. And if the best we can accomplish is just keeping the status quo, then that will still be a victory for us compared to the Senate bill. It will allow the issue to keep going and allow us to fight another day. So right now, every ounce of our energy needs to be directed toward the House. They are up for re-election every two years. As such, they seem to care a bit more about what us peasants think and feel. And as a recent Zogby poll shows, Americans overwhelming prefer the House bill (69% approve) to the Senate's bill (only 30% approval). Remind them where the people stand and ask them to keep fighting on behalf of the peopleand nation they are sworn to serve. I am going to make my calls right now.

So don't freaking give up and roll over and die. Keep fighting! We've been wounded but we are not dead.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#34]
I would like to note that despite much wailing, weeping, and gnashing of teeth on this website concerning yesterday's immigration legislation, NOT ONE PERSON HAS CONTACTED ME about organizing a local protest.

Put up or shut up.  Venting might make you feel better, but it sure as hell doesn't accomplish anything.  Instead of sitting in your computer chair bitching and naysaying our ideas, why don't you try to help?  I'm open to ideas better than mine!  Got any?  

If not, kindly stop pissing on this thread with your negativity and helplessness (Pathfinder74, I'm talking to you).

And PLEASE, for the love of our country, a few of you step up to the plate and agree to help plan and execute these protests.  How is it that a bunch of illegals can get organized and flood the streets of dozens of cities, but we responsible US citizens can't even find one volunteer?  Maybe it's true what they say about the "gringos'" laziness.  Maybe the illegals are just staging the protests we Americans won't stage ourselves.

I know this is harsh, but come on, people!  Sitting on your ass talking about how you wish someone would start shooting people over this is just pathetic.  We have but ONE opportunity to do something about this, and that opportunity is now.  Maybe we'll still lose in the end, but I, for one, refuse to go down without one hell of a ruckus.  Do you want to look your children in the eye ten years from now and tell them that you remember the day they gave away our country and that you did NOTHING to try and stop them?  

ETA:  ChargingHandle, excellent pep talk.  Listen to him, guys and gals, he's absolutely right.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Because that would be littering......
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Folks, it sounds like some of you have given up. But this fight isn't over yet. The Senate's vote isn't the final word. Unless the House agrees, which will be unlikely if we keep the push going, then the Senate's shitstain bill will end up in the garbage. However, if we just give up and crawl away now, they may compromise with the Senate.

So keep calling all of your representatives. As of right now, the House is firmly in our corner. We need to keep it that way. And if the best we can accomplish is just keeping the status quo, then that will still be a victory for us compared to the Senate bill. It will allow the issue to keep going and allow us to fight another day. So right now, every ounce of our energy needs to be directed toward the House. They are up for re-election every two years. As such, they seem to care a bit more about what us peasants think and feel. And as a recent Zogby poll shows, Americans overwhelming prefer the House bill (69% approve) to the Senate's bill (only 30% approval). Remind them where the people stand and ask them to keep fighting on behalf of the peopleand nation they are sworn to serve. I am going to make my calls right now.

So don't freaking give up and roll over and die. Keep fighting! We've been wounded but we are not dead.

Called both of my Senators and my Representative today.  Got the typical "Thank you for voicing your opinions".  Is there anything more I can do that would make a difference ?  

I think Charging Handle and Lady Liberty are right on this issue.  We can't give up, nor will whining solve anything.  The America lifeboat is full and we're going to sink if we don't do something.  

It's just that I'm having trouble figuring out things we can do to turn the tide.  To me, it is patently unacceptable and immoral to sit back and just "let things go".  

I know we need to do something, but what can we do that will work ?  
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#37]
So the people wanting to build a wall around the capitol...can we have guard towers manned by ARFCOM members "for the senates protection" .
Seriously though, how about a protest somewhere with open carry laws, with a few thousand arfcommers in the streets with their ARs?

-Ben
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

See there again is a problem.  What is going to happen is when the spanish population outgrows the white population they will run the government the way they want and will make and change laws to fit their views.  Its not a white Vs other races but our ancestors made laws to protect them and their heritage.  We are losing what they fought and died for.  We are losing 1 vote at a time.  And many do not see this or would not do anything about it.  So if a brick was sent in protest then I feel that some effort was made to be herd.

Exactly.  We're going to have a majority here that has NOT legally earned the right to be here, and that majority is going to begin dictating to those of us who are legal citizens.  

We're about to enter a new age of oppression.  And it most certainly is not a racial issue.  

America has become too complacent, as we have become before in history, and the only thing that seems to wake us up, unfortunately, is when the world goes to hell in a handbasket.  

A lot of Americans are just plain apathetic and they don't know and don't care about what's going on around them.  We still have a good portion of our population that doesn't vote.  With rights, it's a use or lose proposition.  

Our government needs to be cleaned out and a bunch of people need to be replaced, that's for sure.  Guess our politicians have finally decided to blatantly sell us out, and it doesn't seem to matter what party they belong to, either.  

With that said, armed revolution is a fantasy and probably has to do with folks watching Red Dawn too many times.  There has to be another mechanism by which we can take our country back.

I've been voting since I turned 18 and been writing letters/making phone calls about a wide variety of issues since I was 16.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2006 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Ben,  TX has open carry of long guns, no permitting, almost 100% free and clear.

That said, none of the people on the Senate list from pg.1 were from TX, so I don't know how much good something like that would do (for protesting the Senate's version of the bill).
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Vote from the rooftops...the ballot box no longer works....
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
So the people wanting to build a wall around the capitol...can we have guard towers manned by ARFCOM members "for the senates protection" .
Seriously though, how about a protest somewhere with open carry laws, with a few thousand arfcommers in the streets with their ARs?

-Ben

LOL, we can get some retired Space Shuttle Door Gunners who were former Army SEALs and veterans of the Zombie Wars to man the guard towers.  

Oh, and we can get some former mall ninjas to provide rear echelon security, too.  Besides, you never know when the zombies might outflank us.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2006 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Its time to protest in the streets.  The problem I see now is that we the working members of society don't have time for this shit.  And while I don't have time to organize a protest (sorry LadyLiberty)  I will however take a day off work to protest anywhere a protest is set up within driving distance.  
Maybe thats what we need.  We could set up a one day protest nation wide.  So if nothing else people could stay at home and still voice there opinion.  At least when big business felt that hit in there ass they'd have a little more pull with the politicains.  As a matter of fact I'd like to put June 30th in the hat.  Its the friday before the 4th of July.  It extends everyones holiday weekend and it'll hopefully fuck up the end of month reviews for a few hard working Americans.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Its time to protest in the streets.  The problem I see now is that we the working members of society don't have time for this shit.  And while I don't have time to organize a protest (sorry LadyLiberty)  I will however take a day off work to protest anywhere a protest is set up within driving distance.  
Maybe thats what we need.  We could set up a one day protest nation wide.  So if nothing else people could stay at home and still voice there opinion.  At least when big business felt that hit in there ass they'd have a little more pull with the politicains.  As a matter of fact I'd like to put June 30th in the hat.  Its the friday before the 4th of July.  It extends everyones holiday weekend and it'll hopefully fuck up the end of month reviews for a few hard working Americans.  

Sounds good to me.  I'm between jobs at the moment myself, so I don't have any obligations.  I'm sick at the moment, some kind of badass cold/flu, I think, but I should be better in a couple of days.  I live in Montgomery County MD, so I'm pretty close to D.C., if that helps.  

My girlfriend, whom I live with, is a Libertarian, and I've been trying to get her to pay attention to this issue, with some success.  

A stay-at-home or massive phone/internet/letter protest might get some attention.  If anyone knows of any good protests going on in D.C., please let me know and I might just have to get down there.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#44]
We need a Constitutional Amendment and a lobbying group dedicated to ramming it through Congress and getting it to the states.

It should…

1. Declare that people must be born to a citizen or legal alien (one parent) to be considered a citizen. Just being born here to illegals isn’t enough.

2.  Limit legal immigration to one tenth of one percent of the population per year. That’s 300,000 new people every year and it’s enough.

3. Remove all property protections from anyone in this country illegally. In other words anyone could take money, cars, food, etc. from an illegal alien and they would have no recourse under our laws. (Harsh, but it will keep them out.)

4. Illegal aliens would have no access to any social benefits.

5. English would be the official language.

6. Make the Government Constitutionally obligated to protect and secure the border from illegal immigration.

If we rely on legislation, the Congress will just weasel out of it or amend it to death. But a Constitutional Amendment would be easier to track and perhaps have more teeth. It would give us some symbol to rally around and some goal to work for.

Right now I don’t know if any particular immigration is good or bad. Congressmen can claim they were voting one way to one group and another way to another. But an Amendment becomes a single issue that the Congressman can’t duck.

And, if we can get it to the States, we can probably get it passed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Sending bricks means absolutely nothing because their backers are sending them bricks of money.

The meat packing industry owners that hire illegals have his ear, you do not.  No amount of emails, bricks, flowers, puppies, or whatever else you want to send him will get his attention.   No petition or protest march.  Why?  That money will insure he stays in power because it will help him buy all sorts of air time and political ads.

The system is broken.  Nothing that you do within the system will ever get Arlen Spector or John McCain to change his vote.  Clearly, his base is stupid and they keep sending him back.  Those ads his rich donors allow him to buy ensure he keeps going back to Washington like a broken record.  Therefore, working within the system absolutely will not work.

Think about what I am saying.  Come to your own conclusions.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Right... and back in those days they didn't have a military with an essentially endless budget and weapons at their disposal backing them in the event of a "terrorist uprising". The enemy foreigh or "domestic" would then be the citizens who stand up to the government. Good luck with that. Whiel I'd love to see the politicians in this country spontaneously combust, it wouldn't solve all the problems If you believe it would you aren't seeing the whole picture.

The only way any American or person of that matter will listen is force.  Look at today's kids, mom sends them to the corner because they done bad.  They grow up to be wusses and have de-moraled society.  When I was young I FEARED my dad and the wrath he would inflict if I was to do something against his wishes.  That taught me a lot and I feel I have a higher standard of morals than most of today's kids.  

The only way you are going to change anything is pain.  Sorry but its the truth.  The tree huggers will not agree with me but their kids are the ones that you and others bitch about.  And if we were to take up arms against the government I do not think they would use mass force to fight back.  Their Army is made up of people like you and me.  They will not fight their neighbor or family members.  They will walk out and the government will be powerless.  I do not advocate this at this point in time but as Bush would say "I would not rule it out!"
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 2:15:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Ben,  TX has open carry of long guns, no permitting, almost 100% free and clear.

That said, none of the people on the Senate list from pg.1 were from TX, so I don't know how much good something like that would do (for protesting the Senate's version of the bill).

Noticed that about Texas and Wyoming...
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
What can we do ? I'm actually looking for ideas,

VOTE 'em out at the polls...
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What can we do ? I'm actually looking for ideas,

VOTE 'em out at the polls...