Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2001 6:34:24 PM EDT
A guy was out at the range Saturday shooting his mouth off about a two round burst being legal for semi. auto rifles.

What’s the real story?
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
he was ATF trying to get you to play with him
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not a attorney(thank god :)) but as I understand the law, it is ILLEGAL for a firearm to fire more than one round per operation of the trigger(unless NFA/class3).
I have heard that 2RB can be leagly acheved by using a device that fires 1 round on the PULLING of the trigger and one round on the RELESE of the trigger.
FWIW & YMMV,
Echo6
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Legal if it was made before 86, you pay a $200 tax, and live in a free state.

Otherwise, nope.
View Quote

Just to clarify G-S's post; it had to be made AND registered with BATF on a form 1 (complete with pics, fingerprints and the $200 check).  In other words, if it ain't a registered machinegun, it ain't legal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What’s the real story?
View Quote

what I said earlier and of course the fact you should be sued for "psychological assault" on a federal employee for the disrespect you showed by not going along with his plan to entrap you.

HaHa! Special Agent Imbroglio I caught this violation before you did, we'll see who makes lieutenant.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Wasnt there a kit thing for the AK that made a round set off on the pull and release of the trigger?

Did he have an AK, i dont know how legal they were but have heard of them.
Top Top