BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/4/2006 12:46:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:50:32 AM EDT
[#1]
He screwed someone over a falsely advertised rifle and chose to have an attorney deal with it rather than make it right. He never replied to the buyers complaint here so....

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:59:46 AM EDT
[#2]
AMF
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:01:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Ammoman dun dicked up.  Advertisement on this site is paramount.  I'm sure the dealers on this site generate a lot of business, SO, when you dick someone over...well, you reap what you sow
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:11:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I would hate to have a bad name here,everyone is sure to know about it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:09:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I just removed his URL from my bookmarks
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:15:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1

Attitude does not equal good customer service.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:18:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Me too
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:22:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:22:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh boy. Here we go again.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:22:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn.

And I was about to order some ammo from him.

Glad I saw this first...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:28:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Karma is indeed a bitch.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:41:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I never saw this story.

Are you guys telling me he sold an $89.00 import marked rifle for $375.00 claiming it was a Vietnam bring back and then refused a refund?

Nah. Never happened.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:42:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I never saw this story.

Are you guys telling me he sold an $89.00 import marked rifle for $375.00 claiming it was a Vietnam bring back and then refused a refund?

yep, that seems to be the case.....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:43:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Ban Him
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:44:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Burn Him!

He's a witch!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:51:47 AM EDT
[#18]
i thought maybe some of the more math-challenged members finally did some "figurin" and realized that his free shipping isnt free, and the more you buy per order the more you screw yourself. if you want 2 boxes of hydroshok or something like that then he's ok, but if you order a case of this, and case of that and a dozen boxes of so-and-so all in the same order you end up fucking yourself many times over.

what happened to all the eric worship that used to abound on this site?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:57:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

He stopped giving out free shit so now the unwashed masses hate him.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:58:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He stopped giving out free shit so now the unwashed masses hate him.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:03:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:04:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Several years ago, Ammoman had the occasional 'perk' for the members of this site.
One of those times, he offered a box (20 or 25 rounds?) of 5.56 to the first 50 individuals that responded to his thread. The catch was simple, he asked for a range report on the ammunition.
I responded to his thread, as I recollect, I was 35 down the list.
I never did hear from him about the box of ammunition. I did bring it up a couple of months later, he claimed 'everyone received the ammunition!'

That incident pretty much solidified my views of the less than ethical business practices of this fella.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:19:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:19:26 AM EDT
[#24]
His website now says:

NOW RUNNING A (2 DAY DELAY) IN SHIPPING DUE TO HIGH SALES VOLUME

which roughly translates to:

I AM GRASPING AT STRAWS TRYING TO MAKE ARFCOM THINK MY BUSINESS IS BOOMING AFTER BEING OUTED ON EVERY FIREARM BOARD ON THE PLANET.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:21:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
From what I understand (no personal involvement) that's exactly what happened.  

Guys, there is no mystery here--the site only has one goal, and that is to make sure the membership is well served by those who advertise here.  We're not about to allow members to be misused.  Obviously these things are thoroughly investigated, but once we are sure of the facts, they are dealt with in whatever manner is best.  In this case it was very clear cut.  Considering the amount of money spent every day by the AR15.com membership, I can't imagine anyone screwing up in such a blatant fashion.  

You guys should be commended for your work on our behalf.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:21:44 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
His website now says:

I AM GRASPING AT STRAWS TRYING TO MAKE ARFCOM THINK MY BUSINESS IS BOOMING AFTER BEING OUTED ON EVERY FIREARM BOARD ON THE PLANET.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:28:24 AM EDT
[#27]
i had 2 dealings with him. once for a few boxes of carry ammo. went without a hitch, then when i was in MD visiting my family i borrowed my dads truck and was going to drive the couple hours to NJ and pick up 8-10 cases of the argentinian .308. i called, he told me i couldnt make it in time. i said "well im getting 8-10 cases of .308 and paying cash can you find an extra 30min to wait for me" he barked "NO I CANT" ...i was shocked....fuck him and his magnets
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:38:43 AM EDT
[#28]
The Ammoman magnet has gone in the trash. It's too bad. But the sks story is not the only one I heard about.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I never saw this story.

Guys, there is no mystery here--the site only has one goal, and that is to make sure the membership is well served by those who advertise here.  We're not about to allow members to be misused.  Obviously these things are thoroughly investigated, but once we are sure of the facts, they are dealt with in whatever manner is best.  In this case it was very clear cut.  Considering the amount of money spent every day by the AR15.com membership, I can't imagine anyone screwing up in such a blatant fashion.  

Why is he still listed on the ammo price list?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:46:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I never saw this story.

Why is he still listed on the ammo price list?

so you can see how good of a deal you're getting elsewhere?

seriously, he must have blown a lot of posters around here to get all the good pub that he got for years.

People hyping "customer service" for ammo purchases has to be the biggest joke ever. It either ships or it doesn't. End of customer service story.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:46:53 AM EDT
[#31]
anyone know where else you can find the XM118LR ammo from

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:46:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:55:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:08:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I never saw this story.

... This is what makes ARFCOM a unique and good website, far better than most that try emulating it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:09:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:13:03 AM EDT
[#36]
He was at the Phila. Armory this past weekend. All his ammo prices were have gone way up. Who needs him?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:17:14 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
His website now says:

Or it's going to take him 2 days to recover from his hangover.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Personally I think the guy has cracked, he used to be pretty nice when you called, but the last year or so call up with a question, specially if you've had a problem with an order, even if it's only a tiny problem, and the guy just blows a 50 amp fuse before you can get 10 words out.  Last time I called and talked to him I could just picture the veins standing out on his forehead and steam pouring off his head.  He's lost it, seriously, he's gone off the deep end.  As soon as he realized he couldn't handle the pressure he should have hired someone to manage his business, told them to treat people right, and gone fishing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:56:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Ammoman ate my baby!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Fact is, his prices which include shipping, were always more expensive than ammunitionstore prices + shipping.

+1

I never understood the loyalty to the guy. I can put up with shitty service if I am getting a deal, but paying a 10% premium and getting hung up on when he screws up sounds like masochism to me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:29:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

People hyping "customer service" for ammo purchases has to be the biggest joke ever. It either ships or it doesn't. End of customer service story.

Not really.  Buy some surplus ammo that turns out to be  corroded and try to return it.  Then you will discover customer service (or lack of ) for an ammo  purchase.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Several years ago, Ammoman had the occasional 'perk' for the members of this site.
One of those times, he offered a box (20 or 25 rounds?) of 5.56 to the first 50 individuals that responded to his thread. The catch was simple, he asked for a range report on the ammunition.
I responded to his thread, as I recollect, I was 35 down the list.
I never did hear from him about the box of ammunition. I did bring it up a couple of months later, he claimed 'everyone received the ammunition!'

That incident pretty much solidified my views of the less than ethical business practices of this fella.

Not to mention he was a rude prick too.
Once when I lived in jersey I called to order and he was the rudest person I ever delt with in a compnay that sells to the public.
He would not sell any ammo to people in jersey because of the log book he needed to keep for the NJSP.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#43]

I have never bought from ammoman, and I don't intend to because of what I have read on this board.  

The pattern described over many threads here is that if there is a problem with an order there seems to be a good chance you will not get a decent respone from ammoman. Of course many people have gotten what they ordered and are happy customers, but when things went wrong they often kept going wrong.

I like to do business with people work out problems with their customers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#44]
My stock standard response for every Ammoman bashing thread:

7 or so deals, the only ripoff for me was when he forgot to throw a magnet in a couple times.

yadda yadda yadda
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#45]
I've yet to purchase from him simply because I've been able to find better deals online elsewhere.

After reading the extensive thread in the feedback forum, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#46]
I saw his tables at a PA gunshow & his prices were the same as his website! I wanted to buy a case of ammo on a CC & have him ship it to me. After all it's free shipping & why should I have to lug  the case to my car & drive it home? No price break when you mention that either, he just walked away to talk to another potental customer! I shure as hell wasn't going to be one of his customers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#47]

ERIC hath departed! From whence shall I get my dose of DRAMA?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I never saw this story.

Eric not refunding this guys money was a classic case of "Stepping Over Dollars To Get To Dimes".  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Damn.

And I was about to order some ammo from him.

Glad I saw this first...

+1, I actually liked some of the other goodies he sells, too bad he's chosen to alienate a large portion of his customer base.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top