Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 11:59:19 AM EDT
My wife and I got our taxes done today.  With our medical bills and other expenses this year, my "non-interest-bearing payroll savings plan" paid off big time, so my wife approved the purchase of another firearm.  I've been wanting a lever gun in .45LC to go along with my S&W model 25 Mountain Gun, so we went off to what she calls "Caveman's Warehouse" (Sportsman's Warehouse).  I asked if they had any lever guns in .45LC, and they showed me a Henry (at about $650 - too pricey).  But the the counter guy said he thought they might have a Winchester in the back.  Seems one of the managers had his eye on it, but hadn't put it on layaway.

$399.

The MSRP is $497 for this rifle.  It's the 24" barreled model.

I took it home with me.

Did I do good?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
from the prices I have seen for model 94s you did fine. That price is at or slightly below pricing around here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
And only going to go up,what with Winchester's demise.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what my wife got her NIB 94 in .357 for, she got the short one, trapper model I think...

That's a fair price.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#4]
never second guess a deal you may have gotten.  if you have already paid for it, it doesnt matter.  it could be WAY over priced or WAY under priced, but you paid what you paid, so enjoy the gun
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
never second guess a deal you may have gotten.  if you have already paid for it, it doesnt matter.  it could be WAY over priced or WAY under priced, but you paid what you paid, so enjoy the gun

Wise words!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#6]

You did fine. Cruise over to leverguns.com for lever info.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]
There's no such thing as paying too much. With the way guns appreciate, there is just buying too early at whatever price you paid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top