Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 7:44:05 PM EDT
Apparently, they have a new chicken sandwich, of which they are very proud of the fact that it is made of 100% "natural chicken".

To which I respond, WTF?  "Natural chicken"

Have your sandwiches in the past been made of "un-natural chicken"?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It could mean a lot of things...

Food industry does some really disgusting things, that's why I don't eat out... Ever...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]
As opposed to chicken that are fed hormones and antibiotics.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

McDonalds - Pieces parts, fused........
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As opposed to chicken that are fed hormones and antibiotics.  

+1, aka KFC
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
that's why I don't eat out... Ever...

I bet Ms.NME isn't too pleased with that!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
FuckinA. Why do you think 9-year-old girls now have breast? Chemical HORMONES...buy RBST free milk...Its for the children
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#7]
have you ever seen a "natural" chicken?

it's not a beast natural
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#8]
As opposed to chickens that are raised on a wire floor in their own piss and shit and are fed hormone and steroid impregnated food, so they reach full size (read huge) in about 2-3 weeks. Lots of them grow too fast for their legs and are unable to move, only sit there flapping their wings, eating, pissing and shitting. That is not "natural". I still eat fast food, as does most of the rest of the nation, which in my opinion is the cause of most, if not all, the disease, etc. in the US. That's a whole 'nother thread though. The chicken you eat in McD's is not farm raised hand fed chicken.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
that's why I don't eat out... Ever...

I bet Ms.NME isn't too pleased with that!

No Ms. NME currently...

But I cook very well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Then deep fried and on the dolla menu...tasty.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't ask, don't tell.

You wouldn't want to know anyway.

I've read up on it.

It's disgusting.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Mmmmm....  Mechanically-separated chicken.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#13]
It's the un-choked variety.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Mmmmm....  Mechanically-separated chicken.  

That's a slim jim. snap into it!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#15]
What a load of crap.  This ties in with my disdain for "organic" gardening.
J-H-C, people!  A carbon or oxygen or hydrogen or nitrogen molecule that comes from nature is the same as the one that comes from a fertilizer/chemical plant--there is NO friggin' difference betwixt them!

A chicken breast from a free range chicken is going to taste the same as a bunch of hormone-pumped factory grown chickens after a fast food company gets done with them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
J-H-C, people!  A carbon or oxygen or hydrogen or nitrogen molecule that comes from nature is the same as the one that comes from a fertilizer/chemical plant--there is NO friggin' difference betwixt them!

A chicken breast from a free range chicken is going to taste the same as a bunch of hormone-pumped factory grown chickens after a fast food company gets done with them.

I disagree. I have friends that are USDA food inspectors and even they comment on the way these animals are fed and raised. Feeding a chicken some feed every morning and feeding it feed with isochloromethylethyldihydratethiazolinone to make them grow faster than their body can handle is not the same thing. Or, as Sam Jackson would say "It's not the same ballpark, it ain't even the same focking sport!"
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#17]
McNuggets - Everything but the cluck.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree. I have friends that are USDA food inspectors and even they comment on the way these animals are fed and raised. Feeding a chicken some feed every morning and feeding it feed with isochloromethylethyldihydratethiazolinone to make them grow faster than their body can handle is not the same thing. Or, as Sam Jackson would say "It's not the same ballpark, it ain't even the same focking sport!"

I'm not eating the crap either way...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I appreciate your view (especially the excellent quote from Pulp Fiction), but I steadfastly have to disagree.  Please review the qualifiyer in red from my post
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It may taste the same...bt it won't be the same.  The hormones and antibiotics are still there.

Why do you think that there are now antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria?  Overuse in the food industry and to some extent, overprescription.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
As opposed to chickens that are raised on a wire floor in their own piss and shit and are fed hormone and steroid impregnated food, so they reach full size (read huge) in about 2-3 weeks. Lots of them grow too fast for their legs and are unable to move, only sit there flapping their wings, eating, pissing and shitting. That is not "natural". I still eat fast food, as does most of the rest of the nation, which in my opinion is the cause of most, if not all, the disease, etc. in the US. That's a whole 'nother thread though. The chicken you eat in McD's is not farm raised hand fed chicken.

USDA 'Natural' certification only regards the diet of the animals.  'Natural' meat probably came from overcrowded conditions, but not as bad as the regular meat (the reason why the antibiotics are used is that in such close quarters, disease would just rip through an entire operation in short order since all the animals are RIGHT FUCKING NEXT to each other, and cannot move away.)

USDA "Organic" certification includes stipulations about diet, hormones/steroids/antibiotics treatment, and living conditions.

I'll only buy the organic meat because of the issue with the living conditions (although ideally I'd only eat stuff I've hunted myself, I just don't have enough freezer space for that).
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Whatever, but back to the topic at hand, i.e., "Natural Chicken", I've got to agree with the original poster.  ALL chickens, by definition, are "natural".  There is no such thing as an "artificial" chicken, or else it would be labeled as "imitation" chicken--tofu or whatever the greenies are into this month.

Antibiotic/hormone filled chicken=natural
Pieces 'n' parts of chicken=natural
chicken muscle cultured in a petri dish=now we're gettin' close...
artificially flavored processesed seaweed=imitation
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then deep fried and on the dolla menu...tasty.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
All these posts and not one mention of what matters in food--does it taste good and does it make you sick afterward?  I guess I'll have to eat at Arby's tomorrow and report back.  

Remember folks--real men eat real food.  Where/how it came from doesn't matter.  Whether it was "comfortable" in its "living conditions" doesn't matter.  What it ate doesn't matter.  The color of its shit doesn't matter.  The only thing that matters is what it tastes like and whether it makes you sick after you eat it.  Sheesh.  

Real men go out and kill their own food.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All these posts and not one mention of what matters in food--does it taste good and does it make you sick afterward?  I guess I'll have to eat at Arby's tomorrow and report back.  

Remember folks--real men eat real food.  Where/how it came from doesn't matter.  Whether it was "comfortable" in its "living conditions" doesn't matter.  What it ate doesn't matter.  The color of its shit doesn't matter.  The only thing that matters is what it tastes like and whether it makes you sick after you eat it.  Sheesh.  

With their bare hands.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#27]
They've gotta be talking about the texture, no way are they going to give up the forced growth regimen
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With their bare hands.

Real men give the chicken 'the look' and make the chicken kill its own damn self.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:28:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Apparently, they have a new chicken sandwich, of which they are very proud of the fact that it is made of 100% "natural chicken".

To which I respond, WTF?  "Natural chicken"

They used to use
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:40:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Marketing buzz words, nothing more, nothing less.

Same as a real estate agent selling acreage in Texas, calling the grass highly improved coastal.

There is no such thing, it is Coastal Bermuda grass or Improved Coastal Bermuda.

Or the best one is used EVERY DAMNED DAY, in my industry.

"Are your chemicals biodegradable?" I want to say, "Well fuck yes, you dumbshit. Motor oil is biodegradable, if given enough time"
Some chemical salesman somewhere decided to start calling their chemicals biodegradable and now everyone does.

Everyone who knows anything about it, knows there is no universally accepted standard for measuring biodegradability. It is a marketing buzz word.

Natural chicken.......same thing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#31]
(free) RANGE REPORT...

It tastes pretty damned good.  I tried the Cordon Bleu for lunch ther other day and was impressed, compared to other fast food chicken.
However... $4.00 for a stupid sammich is INSANE!

BTW, their "Market Fresh" chicken sandwhich kicks ass, too.  But, alas, I don't enjoy spending $4.00 on a sandwhich that comes on 2 slices of bread, like you get in a loaf like you have at home, either.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:59:20 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
They've gotta be talking about the texture, no way are they going to give up the forced growth regimen

They are talking about sodium solution pumps for tenderness, most if not all fastfood chicken is pumped with a sodium solution sometimes up to 20% so that the chicken remains juicy, and the salts break down the tissue to make it tender as well no matter how bad the pimple faced teen fucks up the cooking process.  BTW, a majority of the chicken and almost ALL the beef you buy at Walmart is "enhanced with up to a 15% sodium solution."
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:00:52 AM EDT
[#33]
So I am an unnatural human because I have been eating unnatural foods?

I must be invincible!

Update, I just shot myself in the chest with a 9mm and I am fine.  It hurt a little, but this proved I am invincible!

I think I'll go flick off a cop now.  After all, he can't do anything to me.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:05:03 AM EDT
[#34]
I like my hormoned chicken.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Look around the net for a topic called liquid meat, or ask anyone who's ever worked at an Arby's.  The "meat" they serve is some kind of gelatenous substance.  When you heat it, it then resembles meat.  If the clerk under cooks it and cuts it, it will drain all over.
As a teen I worked at McDonalds and the Chicken McNuggets were the same thing.  I took a batch out on the wrong buzzer, and the insides were nothing but goo.
Snopes says it isn't true, they say it's just water suspended in the meat.  But it sure comes out like goo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top