Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 16
Posted: 3/7/2006 7:56:27 AM EDT
Starts tonight on CBS.

Looks like it could be a good counterterrorism show.

Guns, explosions, pretty wimmins...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#1]
...and President Palmer.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The sad thing is that this show is going to have to be too PC in order to appease the liberals.  Plus, if it twists and turns like "Alias" and soon loses direction, I too will turn it off.  Hopefully, "The Unit" can stay on track and as "real" as the real world (politically).

Remember the "Christian Terrorists" on the show "E-Ring".  I liked that show up to that point.  Havent watched it much since then.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#3]
wanabe show... It doesn't even look entertaining.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if it's going to have mini-14s and a van?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted: I wonder if it's going to have mini-14s and a van?

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted: I wonder if it's going to have mini-14s and a van?

I love it when a plan comes together.

This is going to suck as much or more as E-ring (which I never miss, cause I like to piss off my wife by pointing out all the stupid/wrong stuff)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I expect it to be a lot like a TV version of the movie Spartan.  I read somewhere that David Mamet is producing it and wrote the script for the first episode, and Eric Haney (I think that's his name) is the technical advisor.  Mamet directed and wrote Spartan and Haney was his technical advisor for it.

I don't know why some of you are saying this show is going to suck without giving it a chance first.  At least it's another show that will probably be pro-military and anti-terrorist, and yet it seems you're all happier off without it.  I guess you all prefer romantic comedies?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm excited to see it, looks like it could be decent....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got high hopes
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#10]
i bet they can't show the ROP as the bunch of no-goodniks they are.  i bet all the "terrorists" will be crazed individuals.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I expect it to be a lot like a TV version of the movie Spartan.  I read somewhere that David Mamet is producing it and wrote the script for the first episode, and Eric Haney (I think that's his name) is the technical advisor.  Mamet directed and wrote Spartan and Haney was his technical advisor for it.

I don't know why some of you are saying this show is going to suck without giving it a chance first.  At least it's another show that will probably be pro-military and anti-terrorist, and yet it seems you're all happier off without it.  I guess you all prefer romantic comedies?

That is intersting about Spartan/Mamet.   I was looking forward to it, more so now.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Eric Haney, (google this guy) was interviewed this morning on a local radio station.

He is a co-producer and has say on all aspects of this show- Sets, clothing, weapons, dialoge
you name it.

I think (hope) that this is going to be a vary realistic and informative show.

GM

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll give it 1/2 an hour to impress me then I will either watch it or goto bed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#14]
What time is it on?

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What time is it on?

9pmEST
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's because they're happier when they're bitching about something.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Tag....comes on in 15 minutes for those interested......
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What time is it on?

9pmEST

Thanks may have to watch.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Geeeeeeeee Middle EasternTerrorists hijack a plane.

This is looking like TEH SUCK.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I like what I see so far.  

Don't mess with Jobu's Rum.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Mrs ODA 564 is ROTFLHAO over the "family life" parts of the show.  So far its all totally bullshit.

Fort Griffith - where the "Unit" forces their families to live on post?  In Kommiefornia, based on the terrain?  A realistic location would be Bragg (home of JSOC and 1st SFOD-D) or Virginia.

The LTD they showed in the opening sequence is straight 1970s Field Artillery technology.  We had cooler shit on plain old 5th SFG(A) ODAs in the mid-80s.  Today's kit is way smaller, lighter, kewler.

I'm waiting for the MFF HAHO infil from the business jet (Falcon?).  If it doesn't have a ass door in the tail (between the engines) and can't slow down to ~250 knots...  Oh, they just avoided showing HOW they avoided the damn engines.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Mrs ODA 564 is ROTFLHAO over the "family life" parts of the show.  So far its all totally bullshit.

Fort Griffith - where the "Unit" forces their families to live on post?  In Kommiefornia, based on the terrain?  A realistic location would be Bragg (home of JSOC and 1st SFOD-D) or Virginia.

The LTD they showed in the opening sequence is straight 1970s Field Artillery technology.  We had cooler shit on plain old 5th SFG(A) ODAs in the mid-80s.  Today's kit is way smaller, lighter, kewler.

I'm waiting for the MFF HAHO infil from the business jet (Falcon?).  If it doesn't have a ass door in the tail (between the engines) and can't slow down to ~250 knots...  Oh, they just avoided showing HOW they avoided the damn engines.[/quote]
I was wondering howm they would keep from hitting the plane
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#23]
People like you crack me up. I love it how you think everything from Hollweird is supposed to be realistic. The truth is that they don't know 1/600,000,000 of the shit that goes on in the military. Sit back and enjoy it for what it is.......mindless entertainment
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#24]
GET OFF THIS PLANE!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Meh, pretty solid. I'll tune in again!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#26]
The POWER of the .45 and 1911 lol
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow, that ending was incredibly fuckin stupid. Show the action in regular speed not some gay slow motion shit.

ETA: Holy shit! Nice ND at the very end with the mirror and monkey.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Tony says 2 Thumbs-up
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#29]
OK Shooting the mirror?

LAME!

BTW does Allstate advertise on every program President Palmer is on?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Wow, that ending was incredibly fuckin stupid. Show the action in regular speed not some gay slow motion shit.

yeah I didnt like the stop motion either but a lot of perp were taken out none the less
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Tango's got killed.

I give it two snaps in a circle!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You've never seen "To Hell and Back" have you?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, I watched it and it was lame. I won't watch it again.

It was gay.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Good entertainment!  At least it's not the usual stupid white guy run by his wife comedy shit!  Oh and there ALWAYS has to be a whore!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#35]
It is something differnt to watch!! I can't stand all the reality shows
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#36]
You guys can bash the "realism" of the show all you want!  I thought it was awesome. well except for the head hontcho sleeping w/ the other wife.  But hey, good twist all in all!

I give two thumbs up!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#37]
I can't understand all the people saying it was "gay" or "lame."  Looked pretty damned good to me, particularly for network TV.
I loved the line, "You, you and you...panic.  The rest of you, come with me."
I am definitely going to watch it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
OK Shooting the mirror?

LAME!

BTW does Allstate advertise on every program President Palmer is on?

Yeah, I thought that was pretty poor timing on the commercial.......I'm going to reserve my judgement after another show or so......not bad, but definately had some of the usual hollywood influence....you know, all the other guys were protective gear but the stars can't seem to borrow a helmet or goggles to assault a plane where explosives will be used.......didn't notice any backwards aimpoints yet though.....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I loved it...can't wait till next week!

HH
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#40]

While I was watching the episode, I noticed the dialogue was a little edgier than the usual tv stuff.  And then I realized  during the closing credits that David Mamet created and is prdoducing this show.

If the TV execs let him have his way, this show could be great.  He writes some intelligent stuff.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#41]
It was decent until the end. Whats up with the blonde? Is she steppin out on her hubby with the Col. or what?

Will still tune in next week though-
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
You guys can bash the "realism" of the show all you want!  I thought it was awesome. well except for the head hontcho sleeping w/ the other wife.  But hey, good twist all in all!

I give two thumbs up!

The technical aspects seemed very realistic, right down to Blane putting the cap back on the wire after he removed the clacker.

Oh, and BTW, the cars had North Carolina plates...I think the base is supposed to be a stand-in for Ft Bragg.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#43]
It kept me entertain enough to watch it again.

Not the best on TV, but certainly better than 98% of the crap on right now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I give two thumbs up!

Well, Adultery in the Army is pretty realistic, many a Commander has been burned that way.   I know I had seen enough in my nearly 7 years Active.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
It was decent until the end. Whats up with the blonde? Is she steppin out on her hubby with the Col. or what?

Gee...ya think?  
Yeah, the Colonel keeps sending her guy off on missions...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#46]
I didn't see it, so someone clue me in on the following:

If the terrorsits weren't "fundamentalist Christian" or "radical right-wing" or "extremist citizen militia" groups, and were actually some sort of ROPer-terrorists, I will give the show an automatic thumbs up regardless of whether it was actually good or not.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I wonder if it's going to have mini-14s and a van?

Didn't the A-Team use mini-30's?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee...ya think?  

Hey I missed some of the show, gimme a break. I missed the part about who she is married to...GEEZ
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Maybe 8 years ago they had a good show.  It was called Soldier Of Fortune Inc.  Anybody remember it?  It was FRIGGIN' Badass!  At least it was the first season.  The second season, they killed off a couple charactors and added Dennis Rodman.  Remember that fuck up?  Anyway, it wasn't long after they did that, that the show was taken off the air.  This was a Jerry Bracheimer project.  I've tried to find it on dvd but all I can get is the movie which is not even close to the series.  Even better than the A team  Anybody else remember this show?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee...ya think?  

Hey I missed some of the show, gimme a break. I missed the part about who she is married to...GEEZ

Just bustin' your chops man.   But yeah, Robert Patrick is violating military regulations eight ways from Sunday.  Hope someone puts the fear of God in him before the season's over.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top