Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/19/2006 2:22:50 PM EDT
I bought this yesterday at Dallas' Big Town gunshow from Dallas Reloading. I bought a 1Krd. case from them
and inspected every single case, with these mixed up in with them.

The casings in the bulk were a mix of .223 Lake City, REM and WIN

I was also shorted 53 rounds, I counted them also. So in total they shorted me 80 rounds total, because I cant shoot
the faulty bullets.

I buy from them not expecting this. Everyone buying from them please take a few minutes to check out each bullet before it
goes into your mags for shooting, it could save your life.

These cases have major dents and the necks were torn and holes also exposed.

LINK TO HI_RES PICTURE FOR BETTER VEIWING
home.comcast.net/~jeepgc_4x4/rogue2.jpg
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#1]
WHAT THE FUCK?

Did you contact them and what did they say?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Dayam!!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#3]
out of 1000 rounds, 2.6% is FUBAR... UNACCEPTABLE!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That would be 8% including the ones that are missing!  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
nothing new here - I had problems with them many years ago and never bought from them again...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
nothing new here - I had problems with them many years ago and never bought from them again...

Yeah, me too! What a coincidence!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#7]
You need to contact them and post the reply back here. This could save someones life.
Hell it just might save the sales persons life if they sell to the wrong customer also. That is unacceptable!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, me too! What a coincidence!

wtf
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I google'd them.... this the right info?

Dallas Reloading Service
P.O. box 630523
Irving, Texas 75063-0523
214-279-9269
214-556-2565
email: [email protected]
{handgun and 223 Rem ammo remanufacturing}
[Manufacturer:ammunition,reloading supplies]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Dinged cases are almost a LC standard..but those in the picture are ridiculous.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be 8% including the ones that are missing!  

You are right sir... I just counted the ones in the pic... had to re read the original post..

Oh man... this is a BAD site to have your name shit on if you are in the .223 ammo business.

Dallas Reloading... better answer this STAT
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#12]
could the dents be from tossing them around in a jumbled bag?  they are not packed like commercial ammo right?  they are loose in a bag?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

what about the necks of the case pinched/peeled down when the bullet was inserted/crimped?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#15]
10-12 years used to buy Hornady and black hills  "seconds" at a local shop  most  looked like that, never had any problems just lube dents , but they do not dosell them  anymore
but if they were not straight I would toss um
the hole on the other hand is not acceptable nor is shorting you ammo
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#16]

You did call them???
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
the hole on the other hand is not acceptable nor is shorting you ammo

I think TXLewis will disagree with you on that!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what about the necks of the case pinched/peeled down when the bullet was inserted/crimped?

I looked a little closer and saw that.. I honestly can't believe they're selling that shit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Shit!  Thanks for the heads-up.  I hope you get them straightened out about it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#20]
 I've been buying from them for years and I've never seen this.
I've bought 15K rounds from them over the past 3 months. I run them full auto through my M16 and
I've never had so much as a mis-feed.

As far as being 53 rounds short, I would guess that they weigh them rather than count them.
I've had some overage and some shortages, but not enough either way for me to be concerned.

ETA: I've never received brass from the that looks like that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#22]
oh, did you weigh each one to make sure there is enough or not too much powder in them? i hope they did not use pistol powder
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#23]
this is why I never buy reloads
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

some people canont afford to buy "blasting ammo" such as Q3131A, XM193, etc.

This reminds me of the issues people had with XM193PD...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Here is the 3 step solution for you:

1. Stop your whining.
2. Quit being a pussy.
3. And shoot that fucking ammo.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#26]
But think of all the money you saved!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Hydraulic dents fron too much lube... Needs some QA action ASAP...

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The reloader I buy from would NEVER make crap like this. His stuff makes the majors look like amateurs. All are hand inspected after his run to include primer depth and any problem rounds are culled. Maybe thats why, after 10 years, I have never found a bad round.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#29]
They need to give you your $ back - ASAP!

ETA: If you haven't already, POST THIS TOPIC IN THE AR15 AMMO FORUM.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Here is the 3 step solution for you:

1. Stop your whining.
2. Quit being a pussy.
3. And shoot that fucking ammo.

+1 shoot the ammo and post pics of your AR
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Shoot and take pic's!

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#33]
IBTS

In before thier sycophants
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#34]
I NEVER buy reloads either.  I make my OWN!

It's a lot cheaper than buying quality factory fodder and it opens a whole new aspect of the shooting sports for you to explore.  Handloading can be very addicting.

And I would never trust someone else's loads in my rifle...  It's strictly factory or my own personal stuff in my guns.  At least if my rifle blows up I know who to blame...  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#35]
those are the worse freakin' reloads I've ever seen!  The scrunched necks are a real problem.  Oil dents aren't all that dangerous unless it exposes a hole in the case like you pointed out.  Good gawd!

I reload and mine look like this my .223 reloads
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Something's not right here. I've ordered from them for years and have never seen anything even remotely similar to that.

Make sure to post their response.

Ed
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wolf costs $119 from Sportsman's Guide per 1K (and a coupon can take care of most of the delivery cost).  Or you can buy it at the gunshow.  And its brand new ammo.  I've never, in over 10K of Wolf 5.56mm, seen one that looks like that.

But some folks would rather buy some guy's reloads.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#38]
I wouldn't shoot ANY of it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#39]
tag
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#40]
never ordered from them.  this will make me think twice
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Gives new meaning to the term "Fu@kd Up" !
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#42]
The bullet seating depth is pretty inconsistent too, when you look at the hi-res photo.

I've thought about buying some hollow points from them for shooting at the local range that bans FMJ.  Maybe I'll just go to a different range.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Doesnt this sound a little fishy to anyone else?? Full blown photoshop from yesterdays purchase??

Read though all the posts herein......

Quoted:
I've bought 15K rounds from them over the past 3 months. I run them full auto through my M16 and

As far as being 53 rounds short, I would guess that they weigh them rather than count them.
I've had some overage and some shortages, but not enough either way for me to be concerned.

Quoted:
Something's not right here. I've ordered from them for years and have never seen anything even remotely similar to that.

Ed

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#45]
This is why I don't buy reloads, especially if it comes in a ziploc bag.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:19:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Uh - wait a sec. If they do ship by weight. And you are missing 53 rounds. That means you might have 50 or so hot rounds mixed in.

Might wanna weigh them first!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Why are you buying reloads...Factory .223 is cheap enough
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:20:05 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Doesnt this sound a little fishy to anyone else?? Full blown photoshop from yesterdays purchase??

What do you mean?
This was not a holywood production here,
A few pics and drop some text on there only takes a few seconds - I stopped by E's last night where they had taken the pics and there was the ammo and all sitting on the counter - we warned Rogue about that ammo before he made the purchase at the gun show saturday, so he checked it out,  ----Rougue inspected ALL the rounds(as he usually does on all ammo purchases).....what a PITA!!

ps: I think it would be fishy if he waited a year before posting the results....this is exactly what technology and internet are great for - you can instantly take a picture and deliver it to many people
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:35:21 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Read though all the posts herein......

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ed

Also, please show me in that hi-res photo how you think that's photoshopped. E witnessed him take the hi-res photo and post it immediately..

And I see you also fail to quote the posts of those who've had issues with the ammo. (i.e. mine & E's in this thread)

Also, go to the Texas forum and see this thread.

Originally Posted By RenegadeX on this thread:
That is seriously fucked up. I stopped buying from them years ago due to quality issues, but that is insane.

Originally Posted By mm38 on this thread:
I know a few people that buy lots of it and swear by it and some that swear at it.

Originally Posted By oulufinn on this thread:
 Well, I just checked out each of the 100 rounds(all there) of 68 grain "match" ammo I got from them for the SEBR at the last Big Town show.  There is one that has a deep dent like the one in your pic (second from the left side). No hole to the powder but more of a dent than I'd care to take a chance with. I'm wondering if it's caused by tumbling media stuck in the die? The edges are too sharp to be caused by excess lube I think.

About 10% have very minor dent/creases and the brass is mostly RP with a few Lake City mixed in.  Until I figure out which surplus to stock up on (if any good stuff becomes available cheap) Winchester White Box and Black Hills Blue Box will be my choice from now on.

This is the first purchase I've made from these folks. All I can say is, check EVERY round you buy from these guys, your life may depend on it.

Quoted:
I have seen bad ammo from them as well.  Crushed cases, bad dents, improperly seatd rounds.

If they cannot have better QC than that?  Then how can I trust that they have not over/underloaded a round?

I don't buy thier ammo.

TRG

When they were coming back from the show on Saturday, Rogue opened the box of ammo to inspect it (they used to sell it in ammo cans, now they appear to have cut costs and put it in boxes.). Anyway, they noticed lots of the ammo (not pictured) had small/minor dents in it. Then he inspected it further, and you can see, its pretty bad.

And one more thing-- if you are selling it by weight, sell it by WEIGHT, not by count. Something fishy about that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
They need to give you your $ back - ASAP!

ETA: If you haven't already, POST THIS TOPIC IN THE AR15 AMMO FORUM.

I doubt he saw your post as you edited it... maybe he will see this one...
is this the right forum, or is there another one specific to AR15 ammo?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top