Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Got in before the lock.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Interesting breakdown when it comes to that perception thing don't you think?

ETA: I agreed with your decision to lock the thread. It has become a waste of bandwidth. If you care to discuss it further I'll be happy to correspond by email or by PM, tomorrow.

I guess it does come down to purely a matter of perception.  Here is Brouhaha's post--

Quoted:
Posting PRIVATE e-mails in a public forum reflects even worse upon one's character than Eric's response to you.

I will continue to order from him.

I just can't see that as more than the expression of a personal opinion--and worded gently enough so as to not call livefree's character "crap."  If anything, *I* did that in my post on the last page, just before I locked it.  

Oh, speaking of that, my posts in this thread weren't intended to be any kind of "official staff post"--just my thoughts and opinions--though I realize there is no way to make that clear.  Even though I work as staff, I am still "just a member" too (I even pay $100/yr. over the protest of a certain Goatster!).  Again, I have no way to make it absolutely clear in which manner I intend any particular post to be taken.  

Always feel free to contact me privately if you (or anyone) wishes.  

Very enlightening post, Beekeeper1 I for one have no problem with hearing your personal opinions, as long as you don't let your personal views get in the way of your job as site staff.  From what i've seen (thinking back to the SgtAR15 debacle), you've done a good job and even though you're staff, you're still a member, too.

Well F*** me with a po-go stick, are we all starting to get along?  

That's no fun, where is that rascally ammoman?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I'm Ghey.

GR
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
These...these are the days of our lives

+1
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I cant believe I just sifted through 21 pages of crap hoping to find a reponse from Eric.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He's an advertiser on this site.  I bet this thread gets locked soon.

Already been locked once.

www.fieroloki.com/bonk.gif

I locked it because it has become silly and wasteful of bandwidth.  Can anyone say anything further is useful in any way--save any reply by Eric?  I opened my mouth, and that is the only reason things took off in a new direction--hence the unlock.  

We do NOT protect advertisers--ever.  Had we done so with a couple of notable explosions in the past, the site would have taken a HUGE hit in credibility.  

My own opinion of this situation is that it is quite different than "he took my money and failed to deliver the product."  

"He was mean to me and hurt my feelings" is hardly noteworthy.  If I'm looking to buy ammo, I want the ammo at a price I am willing to pay.  I want it shipped in a reasonably prompt manner.  I don't want to be friends with Eric.  If I want a handjob I'll call my wife.  If I have to talk to him or otherwise correspond, I expect a reasonable level of professionalism.  If I don't receive it, but I do recieve a resolution, I will move on and not whine about it to others.  Obviously, YMMV.

I agree that there's not much more that can be said EXCEPT by Ammoman.  However locking it would definitely serve Ammoman well since it would be relegated to the bowels of obsurity on page 10 in a couple days.  If it's left open, it will eventually attract so many people (who will wonder what merits a 20+ page discussion about Ammoman) that he's REALLY be hurting his own business by NOT replying and letting the thread grow on page 1 of the GD.

I'd suggest that Ammoman simply reply with something like; "I apologize; I was wrong to reply that way" and be done with it already.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#8]
In before page 22
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very enlightening post, Beekeeper1 I for one have no problem with hearing your personal opinions, as long as you don't let your personal views get in the way of your job as site staff.  From what i've seen (thinking back to the SgtAR15 debacle), you've done a good job and even though you're staff, you're still a member, too.

Thank you--we do our honest best.  It's easy to get carried away at times, but we try to maintain our self-control.  

Actually, there are various rules and protocols for the times when we participate as regular members.  For instance, we are absolutely not allowed to use our "magic buttons" in any thread we are participating in, when it would involve something any other member lacks the ability to do for himself.  If we engage in a flamefest we are then forbidden to be the one to lock the thread.  We also cannot EVER lock the account of anyone we have had a public flamefest with (Sgtar15 was a good example of someone I was forever forbidden to lock after the ugly mess in the Pit).  The credibility and integrity we spend time building can be forever lost with the <seemingly> smallest misstep--so we try to be very careful.  

Thanks for the compliment again.  

Edit for spelling.

These posts made me think and will give me something to remember in the future. It is easy to look at a post you ( TBK ) make that I don't agree with and look at it as a heavy handed staff comment. Yet when you post with advice or help to someone I veiw it as a post by you personally. That is not very fair of me to look at it like that and won't in the future.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I agree that there's not much more that can be said EXCEPT by Ammoman.  However locking it would definitely serve Ammoman well since it would be relegated to the bowels of obsurity on page 10 in a couple days.  If it's left open, it will eventually attract so many people (who will wonder what merits a 20+ page discussion about Ammoman) that he's REALLY be hurting his own business by NOT replying and letting the thread grow on page 1 of the GD.

I'd suggest that Ammoman simply reply with something like; "I apologize; I was wrong to reply that way" and be done with it already.

Well--

ammoman

Active Stats
Communication

Posts Per Day ::

Last Login Date ::
1/31/2006 5:34:59 PM CST

Last Post Date ::
1/31/2006 5:37:11 PM CST

Perhaps he's too busy running his business and shipping ammo to read the various IMs he has been sent.  Perhaps someone can call him and direct his attention to this thread.  

I don't know...Honestly if it was me I would just ignore it. Responding at this point would be like waving to the lynch mob. So many people have already made up their minds to boycott Eric because of what they read on a thread in an internet forum without even giving him a chance, or hearing his side of the story. It really kind of disgusts me.

I wouldn't blame him at all for ignoring this whole thread. For someone running a business it's just not time effective to read 20 pages of crap if the individual who started it in the first place is not even willing to pick up the phone and discuss it in a rational manner. He was refunded his money, I just don't see the beef here, don't see what needs to be responded to. The .308 ammo in question is now clearly marked "Back Order" on the website so there is no longer an issue.

Eric has never been out to rip anybody off. I wish people would save their angst for outfits that really deserve it like FloridaGunWorks or JoeKen.

So I wouldn't blame him at all for ignoring this whole moan-fest.   Except maybe to send a box of tampons this way...
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't know...Honestly if it was me I would just ignore it. Responding at this point would be like waving to the lynch mob. So many people have already made up their minds to boycott Eric because of what they read on a thread in an internet forum without even giving him a chance.

I wouldn't blame him at all for ignoring this whole moan-fest.   Except maybe to send a box of tampons this way.

This might be a good place to mention the "AR15.com members are whiny and hard to please" post made many pages ago was passed on to me 3-4 years ago--NOT recently.  I don't think things have changed much in the ensuing years.  Oh, and that is NOT to mean, or even imply, this pertains to everyone here--just a perception mentioned by several industry people.  It was said to me as more of a "tend to be . . ."--NOT "all are . . ."

Overall we have a truly magnificent bunch here though--as is witnessed by the response to the plea for assistance on behalf of 82ndAbn.  

Overall, I can't say enough good things about the membership here--warts and all.  

Agreed. Good bunch of people, they just get that mob mentality sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Holy crap, 20 pages!
Time to get it to 35....
Garandman and I are both gay........

I've never personally dealt with ammoman and I don't plan to after seeing this and some of the linked threads.

+1  I'm a lesbian

Me too!  **lesbian, I mean and I'll prove it)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've had problems, friends of mine have had problems, I only order from a guy that most of the H-crew orders from, ammo to go

John, Ammo-To-Go, has met the Houston crew, in Houston, the night before a big shoot and delivered the ammo as he passed through Houston on his wy to or from his home in Brenham.

He has welcomed several members of hte Houston Crew to his home in Brenham to persue his wares.

Do they have a web site?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm tired.......Are we there yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I cant believe I just sifted through 21 pages of crap hoping to find a reponse from Eric.

NOT me...I just went to the last page.....the PISS was getting WAY too deep for me!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I don't know...Honestly if it was me I would just ignore it. Responding at this point would be like waving to the lynch mob. So many people have already made up their minds to boycott Eric because of what they read on a thread in an internet forum without even giving him a chance, or hearing his side of the story. It really kind of disgusts me.

I wouldn't blame him at all for ignoring this whole thread. For someone running a business it's just not time effective to read 20 pages of crap if the individual who started it in the first place is not even willing to pick up the phone and discuss it in a rational manner. He was refunded his money, I just don't see the beef here, don't see what needs to be responded to. The .308 ammo in question is now clearly marked "Back Order" on the website so there is no longer an issue.

Eric has never been out to rip anybody off. I wish people would save their angst for outfits that really deserve it like FloridaGunWorks or JoeKen.

So I wouldn't blame him at all for ignoring this whole moan-fest.   Except maybe to send a box of tampons this way...

+1

Though maybe somebody should give him a call via phone to let him decide if he wants to respond.

I am sure Eric could have used more gentle words, but maybe he was just having a bad day or just had dealt with a dickhead customer before he responded to the buyers email.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I've never ordered anything from ammoman but did not want to miss out on this thread.

Carry on.

Same.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#21]
[grocery store intercom]Ammoman customer service cleanup on isle 4 Ammoman customer service cleanup on isle 4[/grocery store intercom]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
[grocery store intercom]Ammoman customer service cleanup on isle 4 Ammoman customer service cleanup on isle 4[/grocery store intercom]

lol
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#23]
can't believe this is still alive

let's have a conference call with eric at 9am   mmmmmgay?

make sure he gets the memo!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:59:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for reminding me guys.  I remembered I was running low on .308 so I ordered some more from the Ammoman.

Without this thread I'd of probably forgot. You guys rock!

I sincerly hope I don't get turned into a Newt!  I hate when that happens.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
can't believe this is still alive

let's have a conference call with eric at 9am   mmmmmgay?

make sure he gets the memo!

LOL die thread, die
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Tagged for BulletBoy's response.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#28]
How can I not leave my mark in such a thread?

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:16:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I'm a customer service manager, meaning I basically smooch ass for a living. I know from daily experience that most customers don't want your head, just some respect. A simple "you're right, we messed it up, we appreciate your patience while we make it right" would have ended this before it began.

Wild success seems to be the omnipresent death knell for internet business these days.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:19:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm a customer service manager, meaning I basically smooch ass for a living. I know from daily experience that most customers don't want your head, just some respect. A simple "you're right, we messed it up, we appreciate your patience while we make it right" would have ended this before it began.

Wild success seems to be the omnipresent death knell for internet business these days.

You brought this thread back just so you could add BINGO??
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:25:20 AM EDT
[#31]
I can't believe threads get locked in the EE for BTT violations and total abortions like this thread are allowed to suck up all the bandwidth.

Where's The Pit when you need it.

If I could, I'd lock everyone's account and order a minimum sentance of 72 hours of sunlight with no possibility of parole.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:30:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Is anyone going to answer my question about how it's possbile that when ammoman said "don't reorder" he ment if the ammo is still avalible on the website for ordering? IN order words he didn't mena for him to never order from him again.

This entire thread could be just one big misunderstanding and yet not one person other then has pointed this one thing out.

I do remember that corvette thread from him, I thought that was kinda funny.
I mean I know he's put in hard work and all but it does seem kinda weird to show off what our money has bought him.

UM NO. the e-mail meant "I don't value your business' It is pretty obvious, at least to me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:42:45 AM EDT
[#33]
22 pages.    
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:46:20 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
22 pages.    

Thanx to my shocking personal revelation.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:49:06 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You brought this thread back just so you could add BINGO??

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:51:12 AM EDT
[#36]
tagged for Ammomans response

Oh...and I too am a lesbian.  Have been all my life.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:56:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Then livefree simple demonstrated the absurdity of this accusation by being absurd and made an excellent point about how he would have had no credibility in his complaint had he not posted the email.

brouhaha was out of lline and you guys are coming down on livefree? Come on, you guys are better than that.

Big + fucking 1

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:36:35 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Moderators should be very careful in what they post in forums they moderate.  Just my opinion.

That's where I'm coming from. Like it or not, the Staff and moderator title carries a certain weight to it and as with all positions of power, you need to understand the effect that may have on other people.

Beekeeper......if keeping your member opinion from your Staff position is a problem, them why not have a "member" account? It's not like you would be the only one on here with 2 accounts . That way, GB can feel good about giving you a free staff account and you can feel like an actual paying member.

BTW...I can see your point but will have to agree to disagree with you. I'm in alignment with Dports comments wrt to Livefree just making a point. I also disagree that those emails are private. You really need to look at the content to determine privacy on those. For instance, in the Wonderfully pro gun Commonwealth of VA, taping a conversation only requires the knowledge of one individual. If you're emailing some one, you need to do it with the knowledge that it may not be private or make that understanding up front.

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:40:26 AM EDT
[#39]
I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands,
one Nation under God,indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:47:39 AM EDT
[#40]
last night I ate an entire red candle
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:55:08 AM EDT
[#41]
I have a huge collection of adorable kitten posters.

Here's my favorate.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:56:30 AM EDT
[#42]
I think we can all agree this has become a waste of bandwidth at this point.  If Eric wants it reopened in order to respond, please IM any staffer or GD mod.  
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top