Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/11/2006 4:57:37 PM EDT
they told an old man who had been jumped by two guys that he could not carry a stick around to protect himself!!!!!????????   so W   T   F   are we supposed to do let the god damned criminals walk all over us that is complete and utter bullshit.

sorry about the rant but do they not see they are giving the power to the fuc*ing criminals?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Was this in the news?

Or just word of mouth from someone you know in CA?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
It might have been an "Assault Stick". Did it have a detachable magazine with SB23 features?

All joking aside, it's an older law on the books, PC 12020. Even a mere stick, if carried for "self defense" is considered a "BATON" and is a felony.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It might have been an "Assault Stick". Did it have a detachable magazine with SB23 features?

All joking aside, it's an older law on the books, PC 12020. Even a mere stick, if carried for "self defense" is considered a "BATON" and is a felony.

Sounds to me like you should be carrying a "walking stick" instead
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#4]
You can't carry around a stick with the intent to use it to protect yourself.

You can carry around a stick that might assist you while walking, and just happen to find it's use when you're under attack.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

so how the fuc* are the elderly supposed to protect themselves they cant even carry a frickin stick. is he supposed to call the police next time so they can show up 20 -30 minutes later to scoop him up off the ground with a fuc*in shovel.

and triumph i am watching it on disovery times channel the show is called city cops: san fransico

again sorry for ranting but this really pisses me off we should treat ederly better than that. if the kids are gonna target them for random "beat downs" or robery we should at least let them even the playing feild.  i mean come on its a stick not an edged weapon so the 21ft rule doesnt even apply here. its just crazy
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#6]
San Fran PD is very corrupt.

They had a huge scandal a few years ago.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#8]
and people wonder why i say :
FUCK KALIPHORNIA!!

My truck will not go farther west than Yuma or Phoenix!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Chief of Popo, Heather Fong  SFPD...all four feet of her.

Sheep

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
bayimages.net/images/4k/bay003659.jpg

Sheep

Hey, she was a REAL street cop!

Well.. for like a year or two...

Um..

Yea, so you can bet that she was picked for chief based on merit, and not because of some PC must-pick-a-minority bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Hey, she was a REAL street cop!

Well.. for like a year or two...  

Less than that.  Then she immediate was shuffled into SFPD's version of community relations.

Um..

Yea, so you can bet that she was picked for chief based on merit, and not because of some PC must-pick-a-minority bullshit.

Exactly.  She is obviously a well-qualified, tactically proficient law enforcement professional.....

This is the kind of law enforcement when your town is run by and

Sheep
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This is the kind of law enforcement when your town is run by and

Sheep

Exactly! Show some respect!!

And it's not my town.. I can't fucking stand that place.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Didn't she claim that while she was chief they would not ever get patrol rifles in squad cars?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Sheep

Why does she need a gun in a city that has banned them?

Hypocrite.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

Hypocrite.

+1.  wtf is wrong with people?

Next they'll be letting cops snort coke on duty.  y'know, since they're so exempt from the law and all...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Sheep

What's up with her holster?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Sheep

She only took the job for the dental plan.

Hot or not

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#19]
She is fucked up. They are a city of 1 million people and do not have a law enforcement helicopter. Next big earthquake, they are going to have to rely on the news choppers to assess the damage and the needs of the citizens. LEO helos are wonderful tools far any large city.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Makes me think back to The Enforcer

Lt. Dobbs: Are you finished with the questioning, Callahan?

Harry Callahan: Hypothetical situation, huh? All right, I'm standing on the street corner, and Mrs. Grey there comes up and propositions me. She says if I come home with her, for $5 she'll put on an exhibition with a Shetland pony...

Mrs. Grey: If this is your idea of humor, Inspector...

Lt. Dobbs: All right, what are you trying to do here, Callahan?

Harry Callahan: I'm just trying to find out if anybody in this room knows what the hell law is being broken, besides cruelty to animals...

I don't know, but it does seem a helluva price to pay for being stylish...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

It may ne one designed for women. Their hips get in the way of their draw sometimes. Watch on the range when you get a chance.

GR
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Hypocrite.

I don't believe she single handedly banned firearms in SF - it was a proposition voted on and approved by the residents of SF.

Not saying it's right or wrong - just pointing out the facts.

Brian
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

they told an old man who had been jumped by two guys that he could not carry a stick around to protect himself!!!!!????????   so W   T   F   are we supposed to do let the god damned criminals walk all over us that is complete and utter bullshit.

That's because it's the job of the police to protect you.    
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
That's because it's the job of the police to protect you show-up somewhat after the fact. and take very detailed notes.  Oh...and don't call us, we'll call you.  What's that...?  You want to know WHEN the defectives are going to call you....*snicker*  

Fixed it for ya bud.  

Sheep

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#26]
And to think, she could get all the machine guns she wants on her letter head.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hypocrite.

I don't believe she single handedly banned firearms in SF - it was a proposition voted on and approved by the residents of SF.

Not saying it's right or wrong - just pointing out the facts.

Brian

Yes, I know.  I was being scarcastic.  As in SF is now so safe with guns banned, she no longer needs one.

Since you brought it up, do you know offhand where she stood on the issue?  

Not flaming you, The 2nd Amendment doesn't have a clause that says LEOs only.  But it seems to be accepted by the general public that LEOs are conveyed some sort of special rights that the general public does not possess.  Granted, being an LEO is a dangerous job (and I don't wish them disarmed), but individuals have the right to self defense and self preservation as well.  Especially as the Supreme Court has ruled that the police have no obligation to protect individuals.

It will be interesting to see how SFs ban holds up.  All the time people complain their civil rights are violated.  Well, it seems as though gun owner's civil rights have now been violated by a city.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

It may ne one designed for women. Their hips get in the way of their draw sometimes. Watch on the range when you get a chance.

GR

Actually there are a few holsters that are set up with interchangable plates. If you are wearing body armour or any type of vest, chest carrier, ect... it gets the holster farther out so it won't get tied up with any other gear, clothing and result in a AD/ND during a reholster. Works better for obese people (like myself) too. Learned hard way at a class, no disharge but definitely a serious clothing malfunction.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Incidentally the carrying of a baton, asp, billy club or what have you isn't illegal just in San Francisco...it's a California thing.

See this thread by AR15fan.

The unbelievable part, AR15fan...a member here if you can believe it, would charge a man with an offense for keeping a tire iron in an accessable portion of the vehicle.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#31]
1. 99%+ that SF's ban will go down. Ca. has statewide preemption on gun laws.

2. Several manufacturers make "blocks" (for retrofitting) and purpose-built holsters for small people which move the pistol down relative to the holster, &/or away from the body. OWB "cop" holsters carry the gun high to promote weapon retention (putting the butt under the elbow or thereabouts). Because the pistols are all the same size, that position can put the pistol in a small officer's  armpit, making it effectively inaccessible to her as well as to BGs. (Try to put your your right thumb in your right armpit and close your hand as though around the butt of a pistol.)

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

That's an expensive Beretta
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FUCK KALIPHORNIA!!

No you.

Stop going to 4chan; it'll 'cause brain damage.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#36]
San Francisco is a shithole waiting to fall into the ocean.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Why are people not filing lawsuits when they are victims of crime in California?  When denied the means of self defense, the state liable for your safety.  Ask Suzanna Hupp about it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
FUCK KALIPHORNIA!!

And you thought that only unpleasant things would be said in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:50:12 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Since you brought it up, do you know offhand where she stood on the issue?  I don't know the answer.

Not flaming you, The 2nd Amendment doesn't have a clause that says LEOs only.  But it seems to be accepted by the general public that LEOs are conveyed some sort of special rights that the general public does not possess.  Granted, being an LEO is a dangerous job (and I don't wish them disarmed), but individuals have the right to self defense and self preservation as well.  Especially as the Supreme Court has ruled that the police have no obligation to protect individuals.

It's kind of difficult to protect people from their own stupidity. The majority of calls/reports I deal with are the direct result of the victims own ignorance or stupidity.  And no, I don't consider myself to be special, above the law or any of the other accusations some on this forum throw about.

It will be interesting to see how SFs ban holds up.  All the time people complain their civil rights are violated.  Well, it seems as though gun owner's civil rights have now been violated by a city.

I don't see how it can be upheld but I've been wrong before.  How are Chicago and DC's laws different?  I'm assuming there is a difference at the state level in those cases.

Brian
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:51:37 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

She only took the job for the dental plan.

sfgate.com/c/pictures/2004/05/02/ba_fong.jpg

Hot or not

www.franciscodacosta.com/articles/media/Heather_Fong.jpg

that is a fuckiin "man thing" if I have ever seen one!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:52:23 AM EDT
[#41]
SF resident= stupid sheeple homo.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Coming from somebody that lives in ND......  Wait, you're not a sheeple, you do the sheep.

Brian
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:03:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Coming from somebody that lives in ND......  Wait, you're not a sheeple, you do the sheep.

Brian

How is your gun collection coming? Let me know how those 30 rounds mags in your new AR are working out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:09:12 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

How is your gun collection coming? Let me know how those 30 rounds mags in your new AR are working out.

oh, hooray! an internet pissing contest....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

oh, hooray! an internet pissing contest....

No,he crossed the line,so i stepped in.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:14:06 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Frankly, my collection is just fine.  I have all the firearms I want - I don't want a 30 round mag or full auto for deer hunting.

Sorry, but where I chose to live is not solely based on the availability of 30 round mags....

Have you ever spent any time in SF, or CA for that matter?

Brian
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:16:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Frankly, my collection is just fine.  I have all the firearms I want - I don't want a 30 round mag or full auto for deer hunting.

Sorry, but where I chose to live is not solely based on the availability of 30 round mags....

Have you ever spent any time in SF, or CA for that matter?

Brian

I hear enough, no need to visit. I understand this is your home,but i dony know how any gun loving man could live there.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:17:39 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
[No,he crossed the line,so i stepped in.

Quoted:SF resident= stupid sheeple homo.

This isn't "crossing the line"?  Broad generalization that all SF residents are stupid, homosexual followers?

Brian
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:19:06 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I hear enough, no need to visit. I understand this is your home,but i dony know how any gun loving man could live there.

I don't live in SF - I'm about 60 miles north in "wine country".

"I hear enough"  my point exactly.....

Brian
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:30:59 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't live in SF - I'm about 60 miles north in "wine country".

"I hear enough"  my point exactly.....

Brian

So here you are on AR15.com whining about my opinion about gay SF and you cant even buy an AR,ask anybody about SF,everyone knows it is the gay capitol of the world. What do you mean by ''i dont live there'' you live in CA,which  IMO means you dont support the 2nd. you are either for it or against it, if ND all of a sudden came up with and AWB, i would be gone.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top