Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 3:52:25 PM EDT
A toyota Pickup vs.....well, hell.  watch.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2402060372341641699

16 minutes, but....damn.  The sheer abuse they put into this thing is impressive.

"We've come up with something better."

"I'll bet ten p. with you that you won't be able to drive it away."

Hahahahaha oh man.  Always wanted to do something like this.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#1]
wow,

I wonder how a humvee would do
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
poor 'Yota...

bet it was fun though!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
pretty impressive
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#4]
"That will buff out"  HA!!! HE SAID IT!!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#5]
OK WTF!! In the scene where they drop the travel trailer on it. Look, the entire cab has rollbars... Front and back.... what a damn crock.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OK WTF!! In the scene where they drop the travel trailer on it. Look, the entire cab has rollbars... Front and back.... what a damn crock.....

BUT it still runs Hell they burned it put in the SEA and blew up a fucking building over it and it is still alive. Try that with another brand. I love my Toyota.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BUT it still runs Hell they burned it put in the SEA and blew up a fucking building over it and it is still alive. Try that with another brand. I love my Toyota.

Oh I know, its a tough sum bitch, just wanted to bitch about something.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#8]
That was cool.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Incidentally, the Hilux is the Tacoma in Britain, Europe and the middle east.  IIRC used to some effect by the Afghani's against armored Russians.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, they cetainly could have done worse things, but that was still rather impressive.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#12]
lol that pwns.. i want a small diesel truck!

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Top Gear is the shit.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
lol that pwns.. i want a small diesel truck!

Too bad.  Very few Toy diesels here. Imagine a strait-axle diesel Toy. I don't want leather cup holders, heated seats, powered sunvisors,etc;  just a basic truck like this to be imported.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#15]
hilux is not a tacoma overseas, it comes with much nicer gear to go off road.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Incidentally, the Hilux is the Tacoma in Britain, Europe and the middle east.  IIRC used to some effect by the Afghani's against armored Russians.

I saw Hiluxes in this hemisphere.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#17]
If they imported the diesels in the US I'd buy one tomarrow.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#18]
That looks like fun.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Dupy, dupy dupe!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#20]
My ford wouldnt be scratched
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Dupy, dupy dupe!

BZZZZZZZZT! Beat the other thread by a good two days. Thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#22]
the did mostly cosmetic damage.  they keep claiming that it still runs, but they didnt beat on the engine that much, if at all.  it was submerged under water, but big deal.  my friends atv was submerged ina  creek for almost 2 days and it still runs.  a friend on mine submerged his tow truck in a pond trying to resucue one of his dumptrucks.  both went in and both still work.

i can take a sledge hammer to any car and make it look the same and it will still run
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
the did mostly cosmetic damage.  they keep claiming that it still runs, but they didnt beat on the engine that much, if at all.  it was submerged under water, but big deal.  my friends atv was submerged ina  creek for almost 2 days and it still runs.  a friend on mine submerged his tow truck in a pond trying to resucue one of his dumptrucks.  both went in and both still work.

i can take a sledge hammer to any car and make it look the same and it will still run

A pond is not the Atlantic Ocean.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A pond is not the Atlantic Ocean.

+1

Run it with water still in the cylinders and then we'll see what happens

eta:  I just picked up a little Toyota Corolla, 5spd, love it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top