Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 3:45:12 PM EDT
I just went out and bought BF2 and the freking thing wont intsall. I Have shut all my background programs off as best as I could and it will lock up when I put the second disk in. Im thinking it might be my norton that is screwing things up. I cant close out the CCAPP.exe program for some reason. Any help would be appreciated. I posted this on the gaming forum but figured I would get a quicker response on GD. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
uninstall Norton AV and install BF2 then install AVG Free
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
how do I know how much free memory I have onboard? Its a brand new computer and it has one game on it thats it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Turn off Norton and then install.  Many anti-virus programs can mess up installations.

+1 on using AVG Free
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have Symantec's Anti-Virus on my machine and BF2 installed just fine. I am using SAV 10.01.

BF2 has caused just about everyone who has purchased it a lot of problems with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top