Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2001 7:01:20 AM EDT
I know about roughly how big it is, but Im looking for an exact measurement in feet.

feet x feet = 1 acre

Im looking at buying 40 acres and I want to know exactly how big it is. Thanks....
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:05:04 AM EDT
[#1]
An acre has 43,560 square feet; each side is approximately 208 feet.

more info: How big is an acre, anyway? An acre is 160 rods, or 4,840 square yards, or 43,560 square feet.

Ask for 6400 rods.  See what your real esate person says. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:09:39 AM EDT
[#3]
40 Acres, by my calculations could be a square of 1,325 feet by 1,325 feet.

Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. I found the stuff about rods, which I have never heard of, and tried doing a little math and came up with about 208ft, but I wasn't sure if that was right so I thought I would ask. I thought I had heard a different measurement.

I think I probably will buy it. Its about 2hrs from where I live, but I would make a great place for hunting and camping and shooting MGs, playing paintball and whatever else I want to do. Its in a pretty secluded area about .5 miles off a little used country highway in a really hilly area. Plus, the price is right, at $16k its kind of hard to beat.

Thanks again for the info...

Michael
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Great Deal, good luck with it.
Let me Come shoot MGs on it sometime... As if i would ever afford to own one.
-Chuck
All the measurements on here are correct!
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey PonyBoy,

If you have the funds, buy the land.  You won't regret it, especially for the use you stated.

What area in Texas is the land located?
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Great Deal, good luck with it.
Let me Come shoot MGs on it sometime... As if i would ever afford to own one.
-Chuck
All the measurements on here are correct!
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#8]
You or anybody else for that matter can come shoot with me. The only stipulation is that you must bring your own factory ammo. I can barely afford my own and supplying everybody else would put me in the poor house (as if I wasn't already there). I have almost as much fun letting someone else shoot my guns and I have shooting them myself.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey PonyBoy,

If you have the funds, buy the land.  You won't regret it, especially for the use you stated.

What area in Texas is the land located?
View Quote

Well, for that price I can guaran-damn-tee you it isn't in Texas. Actually, its in mideast Oklahoma not too far from Arkansas. Up around the Kiamechee mountain range and a huge national park.

I really just want a place that is mine with enough room to do what I want and this is about all I can afford right now. About 6 months ago I found 204 acres around the same area for $52k and I was searching for the funds to see if it was feasible but it got sold too quick. That would have been pretty nice.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#12]
If anybody out there happens to be looking for a small piece of Texas, I did find a nice little getaway in my search for cheap land. It is down in the southwest and is comprised of almost 20,000 acres. The headquarters is a large house surrounded by big hills on three sides, looks almost fake like a giant dry stock pond with a house in the middle. Supposedly tons of game and leases go for $1000-1500 per gun. Price was way up in the millions, but when this lottery thing pans out yall will know where to find me. Oh, and Im planning an annual ar15.com reunion there with beer and BBQ and lots of shooting for all.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#14]
10 chains squared is 1 acre.a chain is.....come on some body here surveyed besides me?
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#15]
It is the amount of land you can plow with an Ox in one hour.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Want more trivia?
An acre on a hill is bigger than an a flat
acre.  The measurement is purely horizontal...

DanM
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I did own 5 acres in the Kiamichee wilderness area with a cabin on it but had to sell it after a divorce. It is a nice area to just chill out on the weekends. The prices are going up all the time in that area just like everywhere else, it sounds like a good buy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, for that price I can guaran-damn-tee you it isn't in Texas. Actually, its in mideast Oklahoma not too far from Arkansas. Up around the Kiamechee mountain range and a huge national park.
View Quote

Beautiful area.  

If anyone's familiar with Kiamichi Wilderness in Pushmataha county, you have to drive through our property to get to the North entrance.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Want more trivia?
An acre on a hill is bigger than an a flat
acre.  The measurement is purely horizontal...

DanM
View Quote

Cool. I own 62 acres, most of which is a hill. A rather steep hill, which rises about 300 feet from the bottom. One side is almost vertical.

Link Posted: 8/6/2001 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top