Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2001 11:31:54 AM EDT
I need a gun safe for my apartment.  Someone posted information on a safe that can be diassembled for moving.  Anyone have information on the manufacturer???
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a thought, I don't know your situation. How about a diamond plate pickup truck box with a full length lid. They come in a narrow width or a wider width. Screw through a piece of plywood in the bottom of the box into the floor if you can. Put a lot of weight in it and a auto burglar alarm from Radio Shack that can be activated like a auto alarm. Put a 12 volt gell type battery in the box to power it. The locking system on them has to be stronger than the cheaper gun cabinets, especially the better ones. You could make a box to put over it and have a nice cushion made and It would look like a bench seat. Just a goofy thought.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the information.  I already have them listed on my insurance policy.  The safe I mentioned in my post is similar to a locking cabinet but heavier and can be taken apart, from the inside, so it can be moved.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the information.  I already have them listed on my insurance policy.  The safe I mentioned in my post is similar to a locking cabinet but heavier and can be taken apart, from the inside, so it can be moved.
View Quote

Really?  Where?  How heavy and how much?  Any info on this safe (esp a website) would be much appreciated.  Thanks all!

Bill
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#5]
[url] http://www.zanottiarmorsafes.com/ [url]
I've been looking at them also. This is the only brand I have found so far. Anybody else know of a manufacturer?
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#6]
There was one featured on American Shooter.  I went to their web page, but it's now listed as "no longer available."  Not sure if they're referring to just the web link, or the product itself.

Here's the URL: http://www.americanshooter.com/Gun_Tech/G3/g3.html
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I've also seen the gunn guard - try [url]http://www.thegraystonegroup.com/GunnGard.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 8/13/2001 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#8]
$1400 for this?
Height Width Depth
Exterior 60" 22" 16"
Interior 56" 18" 12.5"
Door Opening 53" 15.5"

What? Are they kidding? That's small. They even tout savings on delivery because it's included. Hell I can find larger safes for half the price delivered. I guess a safe which disassembles doesn't come cheap.
I'm not sure how much Zanotti wants, I emailed the distributor 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Zanoti safes are fine but because of thier construction techniques there is no provision for fire liner.

Cost of the Zanoti will be as much as a lesser name brand safe with fireliner.

You and a buddy should be able to move a 30" firelined safe with a refrigerator cart.

I would reccomend AmSec firelined also get the digital keypad
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been looking at safes for an apt also. However, my main concern was the weight. The place I'm currently at is on the ground floor,but has a sub-floor. How do you know how much weight the floor can take. What if the my next apt is on the second floor?

Link Posted: 8/13/2001 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Even a 40" wide firesafe is gonna weigh no more than 1100 lb loaded.  

Thats the equivilent of maybe 5 shooting friends in your apartment.

This will not even be close to the weight that has to be supported when someone has a waterbed.

You will be fine don't worry about the weight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top