Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2005 2:24:49 PM EDT
In my efforts at Counter PCism I have been ending with this on all my calls for background checks and such. A State/Govt. agency mind you.

It's actually kinda funny because most of them don't know what to do with it and aren't sure if they are allowed to say "Merry Christmas" in reply from a Govt. office.

Some even seem violated because I wished them a  religion specific holiday greeting.

People are so funny.

At least when I do it with the people working for local .mil and LE agencies they simply reply in kind.

One wisenheimer actually wished me a Merry Kwanza.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Merry Christmas to you too!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#2]
happy series of winter holidays.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#3]
OOOOH! Y'all are being Un-PC
Merry Christmas
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
happy series of winter holidays.

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#5]
And a Very Merry Christmas to you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Happy Jesus's Birthday everyone!!!  
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Liberals Want Santa Dead

(nice holiday-themed bumper sticker for me someday)
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#8]
my sigline does the talking
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
That's it, I calling the ACLU.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Make sure and say Merry Christmas.

Serious, how funny would it be if we all did that.

Give Over the Phone - Call 1-888-567-ACLU

The ACLU needs your help to defend our most basic freedoms! The Bush Administration is rolling back our rights in the name of homeland security...extremists on the Christian Right have the ear of the White House...and the federal judiciary is increasingly hostile to civil liberties.

The need has never been greater for freedom-loving people to join the ACLU and take a stand against the growing threats to our most cherished Constitutional liberties. Click on the box below to become a card-carrying member of the ACLU. Or, if you're already a member, please consider making an extra contribution to help ensure we have the resources needed to turn back the widespread assaults on liberties that are now underway.

I'm gonna tell them George Bush says "Merry Christmas."

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been making it a point to "Merry Christmas" everyone I know it will irritate.  And LOUDLY, too so all they're little pinko friends can share the joy.   All I ever get in return is, "'Bye!" or "See ya later!" or, if they hate me, an icy stare.

If we irritate them enough maybe those big veins in the middle of their angry foreheads will pop.  I've always wanted to see what happens when those things pop.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make sure and say Merry Christmas.

Serious, how funny would it be if we all did that.

Give Over the Phone - Call 1-888-567-ACLU

The ACLU needs your help to defend our most basic freedoms! The Bush Administration is rolling back our rights in the name of homeland security...extremists on the Christian Right have the ear of the White House...and the federal judiciary is increasingly hostile to civil liberties.

The need has never been greater for freedom-loving people to join the ACLU and take a stand against the growing threats to our most cherished Constitutional liberties. Click on the box below to become a card-carrying member of the ACLU. Or, if you're already a member, please consider making an extra contribution to help ensure we have the resources needed to turn back the widespread assaults on liberties that are now underway.

I'm gonna tell them George Bush says "Merry Christmas."

fire mission?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Happy Kwanza.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If we irritate them enough maybe those big veins in the middle of their angry foreheads will pop.  I've always wanted to see what happens when those things pop.

Green blood will gush out.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like this is going to be fun to try on my liberal college campus!!!

For some reason I never got in the habit of saying merry christmas,
I have no idea why as I consider myself a pretty devout christian.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Looks like this is going to be fun to try on my liberal college campus!!!

For some reason I never got in the habit of saying merry christmas,
I have no idea why as I consider myself a pretty devout christian.

See?  This is where religious folks like you and non-religious folks like me can all enjoy Christmas because, besides being part of Western civilization's cultural tradition, it brings us together in brotherly fellowship as we join together to piss off leftist pinheads.  Between the pretty lights and the trail of scowling pinkos I leave behind me, 'tis a merry season indeed!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:46:47 PM EDT
[#17]

"Christmas Day" is the name of a Federal holiday.

The Federal Government website even denotes this holiday with a "Santa Clause" icon -

Nothing wrong with anticipating a Federal holiday by name or even including reference to the "official" Federal Christmas holiday icon.

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Happy Kwanza.

The three African Studies professors in the US that celebrate kwanza thank you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Have yourself a happy RamaHanaKwanzaMas.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#20]
...!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#21]
What I found odd was the Christmas card from the White House.  It contains Psalm 28:7, but expresses "best wishes for a holiday season of hope and happiness".  
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Happy Kwanza
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Merry Christmas to you as well Steyr
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm not even a Christian and it makes me sick to my stomach the way Christmas is being whittled away year after year.  I'm a half a Jew (I have no idea what my other half is) and have no problem admitting that Hanakkuh (sp?)  is not as exciting as Christmas.

As a kid, I never even looked at Christmas as a religious holiday.  To me it was always about getting toys and meeting Santa.  I always had pity on my Jewish friends and family because they had to celebrate a "second rate" holiday.  My attitude was (and still is) Tough shit on them!  Christmas Rules!!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

fire mission?

It's a Fire Mission.

Merry Christmas ACLU...Fire Mission...  
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What I found odd was the Christmas card from the White House.  It contains Psalm 28:7, but expresses "best wishes for a holiday season of hope and happiness".  

becouse this is the holiday season. Hannikah I know i missplelled that.

its the holiday tree thing that bugs me christams is the like the only holiday that has a tree,
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I have noticed around here that ALL the Salvation Army people have wished me Merry Christmas.  It's partly because of that I make sure to put at least a few bucks in the red pail every time I see them, no matter how many stores I go to.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I have noticed around here that ALL the Salvation Army people have wished me Merry Christmas.  It's partly because of that I make sure to put at least a few bucks in the red pail every time I see them, no matter how many stores I go to.

After their performance after the hurricanes, and in contrast with FEMA, I think I'll drop a few bucks in the bucket too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
In my efforts at Counter PCism I have been ending with this on all my calls for background checks and such. A State/Govt. agency mind you.

It's actually kinda funny because most of them don't know what to do with it and aren't sure if they are allowed to say "Merry Christmas" in reply from a Govt. office.

Some even seem violated because I wished them a  religion specific holiday greeting.

People are so funny.

At least when I do it with the people working for local .mil and LE agencies they simply reply in kind.

One wisenheimer actually wished me a Merry Kwanza.

Everytime you wish someone Merry CHRISTmas, God smites an ACLU lawyer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top