Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2005 4:15:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:20:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Will Condi Run?  

No.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:25:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I will be a member of the Draft Condi group.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So will I.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:33:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I pray it's not Guliani vs Clinton.   Either way we lose   I'd prefer Condi any day.  

I envision a worst case of Guliani vs Clinton with McCain running as independant.   In other words a complete flustercluck.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:38:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Drafting her and talking the big money donors into financing her campaign are two entirely different tasks.  Not to mention impossible because she has never run for or been elected to political office.  The Presidency of the United States of America is not an entry level elected office.  If Condi has any desire at all to become President, she needs to move back to California and get herself elected governor first.  If The Terminator can do it, she can too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:42:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Won't happen.

McCain will most likely end up with the republican nomination.

Which means I'll be voting for a third party.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Won't happen.

Which means I'll be voting for a third party.

Won't happen.

Not when there are Republican governors and ex-governors out there with proven executive experience.  

There is a reason why there hasn't been a sitting U.S. Senator elected President since JFK got there by hook and by crook (Cook County, IL) in 1960.  I'll do the math for you. That makes 44 years in 2004 (or 11 elections).  Senators like to debate.  Governors like to lead.  That's the difference.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:54:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Won't happen.

Totally ridiculous.  McCain can't get nominated because he can't get the base behind him.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:58:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope...She likes breathing.

The very smart Mrs. Colin Powell liked her hubby upright and breathing...otherwise HE would have run. I am guessing the ever impressively smart Condi, knowing the odds of her being accepted with the perceived TWO strikes against her, will not run.

Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:00:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Won't happen.

Totally ridiculous.  McCain can't get nominated because he can't get the base behind him.

I hope you're right.  Unfortunetly, I think you're wrong, and the party will end up getting behind him.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:10:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:14:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Y'all ever listen to Dick Morris, or read his book, 'Condi Versus Hillary'?

To stop Hillary, draft Condi

As she tours the continent after her Senate confirmation, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is like a rock star — her every movement, her every meeting covered by an adoring media.

America’s first black female secretary of state is doing in public what she has always done in private — speaking frankly about America’s priorities and the realities of the post-Cold War world. As she jokes with German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder, loosening up his dogmatic anti-American policies, lectures Russia about freedom and warns Israel of tough decisions ahead, one thing is obvious: A star is being born.

Traveling without the entourage customary for secretaries of state, on time, mapping out in advance her first six months of travel, Rice is a new force in American politics.

As the Republican Party casts about for a viable presidential candidate in 2008 to keep Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) out of the White House, attention will inevitably focus on Rice, the woman who may stand between Clinton and the presidency.

Since Bush’s success in Iraq has laid the basis for negotiation in the Middle East, there is every prospect that Rice may preside over a diplomatic triumph in catalyzing the discussions between Sharon and Abbas. The firm American stand in Iraq will also make more likely success in Korea and Iran, all of which would add to the prestige of Rice.

The political fact is that a Rice candidacy would destroy the electoral chances of the Democratic Party by undermining its demographic base. John Kerry got 54 percent of his vote from three groups that, together, account for about a third of the American electorate: African-Americans, Hispanics and single white women. Rice would cut deeply into any Democrat’s margin among these three groups and would, most especially, deny Clinton the strong support she would otherwise receive from each of them.

Rice’s credentials for a candidacy are extensive and will grow throughout her tenure at the State Department. As former chancellor of Stanford University, she would have much in common with the pre-political careers of Woodrow Wilson and Dwight Eisenhower, presidents of Princeton and Columbia universities. Her service as national security adviser during a war and her current efforts as secretary of state demonstrate her ability to handle crises and to conduct herself with dignity and impact on the world stage.

As a social conservative and deeply religious person, she would face no bar in winning the votes of the Christian right, so crucial to winning the Republican nomination. Unlike former New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani (R) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) — both of whom could probably win in November — she would be very attractive to the pro-life, anti-gun-control, anti-affirmative-action base of the GOP.

America longs to put the period on the disgraceful chapter in our nation’s history that began when the first slave arrived at Jamestown, Va., more than 400 years ago. We also want to send a message to every girl, and every African-American or Hispanic baby, that there is no ceiling and that you can rise as far as your ability will carry you. The day Condi Rice is sworn in as president, regardless of the fate of her administration, that message and the punctuation of our history of racism will be obvious.

Of course, she isn’t running — nor is there any indication that she is harboring thoughts of a candidacy. But as her visibility increases, so will her viability. It may just be possible to draft Condi into the race. A real presidential draft movement hasn’t happened since 1952, when Republicans urged Eisenhower to get into the race. A draft-Condi movement seems almost antiquated in this era of ambitious and self-promoting candidates, but it may well fill a deep need in the electorate to vote for someone who is running in response to a genuine call of the people.

Condi Rice is a work in progress. Her rise has been impelled by her merits and achievements rather than any efforts on her part to curry favor in the media. She is still working and still progressing. But keep your eye on this political star. It is rising and may one day be ascendant.

Morris is the author of Rewriting History, a rebuttal of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton’s (D-N.Y.) memoir, Living History.

Eric The(DraftCondiNow!)Hun
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:24:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Dick Morris' career as a political pundit has been marked by a record of being wrong more than he's been right.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:28:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Dick Morris' career as a political pundit has been marked by a record of being wrong more than he's been right.

Really?
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:29:07 AM EDT
[#15]
She does not want the job!  We don't want her for the job. I have not read that weasle's book but I have heard him selling it way too many times. What exactly are her Executive proven skills? She has never ran for anything in her life, not even student council. It is my opinion we a NOT a two party system anyway. GB is rolling over like a limp punching bag and has lost the moderates support of the Republicans in general. When you see him and his father on TV grabassing with the Clintons, well, surely you see my point. I think the Republicans would be lost if they won another election. Republicrats are anything but conservative at this point. Good luck with begging Condi but you are actually preparing the sheeple for Hildebeast. Give me any conservative that actually wants the job!
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:33:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
She does not want the job!  We don't want her for the job. I have not read that weasle's book but I have heard him selling it way too many times. What exactly are her Executive proven skills? She has never ran for anything in her life, not even student council. It is my opinion we a NOT a two party system anyway. GB is rolling over like a limp punching bag and has lost the moderates support of the Republicans in general. When you see him and his father on TV grabassing with the Clintons, well, surely you see my point. I think the Republicans would be lost if they won another election. Republicrats are anything but conservative at this point. Good luck with begging Condi but you are actually preparing the sheeple for Hildebeast. Give me any conservative that actually wants the job!

Good point

Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:34:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The very smart Mrs. Colin Powell liked her hubby upright and breathing...otherwise HE would have run. I am guessing the ever impressively smart Condi, knowing the odds of her being accepted with the perceived TWO strikes against her, will not run.

In a way, it's a shame that Powell didn't run.  I am convinced he would have been elected.  I had the pleasure of attending one of his speeches and I'm telling you, the guy has the aura of leadership like I'd never seen before and I've up close to men who were elected President.  Powell's abilities to communicate and inspire are God-given.  He would have had no trouble attracting the country's best and brightest to his administration.

The knock on Powell is he's too moderate or too liberal for conservatives.  I think that's true, however he is a big picture guy and is smart enough to stay away from hot button issues that should be addressed in legislatures.

He would have made the type of President that Americans are looking for in 2008:  someone that leads without antagonizing.  People are tired of 8 years of Clinton-hate followed by 8 years of Bush-hate.  They want to see the hateful rhetoric put on the shelf for a while.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:41:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Colin Powell ranks right up there with John McCain as one Republican who I would hate to see President.

A President Colin Powell would be only a slight improvement over a President Hillary.

Eric The(RINOsAreForTheBirds)Hun
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:28:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
We don't want her for the job.

What's this "we" stuff, white boy?

What exactly are her Executive proven skills? She has never ran for anything in her life, not even student council.

Meanwhile, Hillary's "proven Executive skills" consist of bouncing a frying pan off Bill's noggin every night for the past 20 years. Her list of election successes consists of managing to get elected twice as second-fiddle to Chuck Schumer.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Won't happen.

I hope you're right.  Unfortunetly, I think you're wrong, and the party will end up getting behind him.

Yeah, that's why he lost so horribly in 2000 right?  Because the party "got behind him?"  McCain can no more get the Republican nomination that Lieberman could get the Democratic nomination.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
All I can say is that if the Republican party is even considering any of the names mentioned so far on this thread, they are in pitiful condition.
And the sad part is, I can't even think of anybody that the Republicans have that is any better.

I can already begin to hear the "lesser of two evils" mantra again.

We won't be voting for someone we believe in, we'll be voting against Hillary.
Good luck with that one, because even if we win, we're screwed.

If you feel that way about Condoleeza Rice, you're sadly mistaken.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Don't arrogate yourself into a "we."  I want her for the job.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#23]
I would vote for Condi.

Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I would vote for Condi.

+1

Of course in Chicago, my vote may be canceled by some guy who died long ago, and who will vote multiple times for the Broodwitch.

Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Condi will never be President because America will not elect a black woman .

Even Hillary is going to have a fight on her hands to get her eventual nomination .
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Who was the last President elected who had never been elected to any position prior?  

Herbert Hoover?
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Colin Powell ranks right up there with John McCain as one Republican who I would hate to see President.

A President Colin Powell would be only a slight improvement over a President Hillary.

Eric The(RINOsAreForTheBirds)Hun

+1... I'll take Ron Paul or Larry Craig for Pres, thanks...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Who was the last President elected who had never been elected to any position prior?

Herbert Hoover?

Eisenhower - another Republican. Was not only elected President, but served a second term.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In a way, it's a shame that Powell didn't run.  I am convinced he would have been elected.  I had the pleasure of attending one of his speeches and I'm telling you, the guy has the aura of leadership like I'd never seen before and I've up close to men who were elected President.  Powell's abilities to communicate and inspire are God-given.  He would have had no trouble attracting the country's best and brightest to his administration.

The knock on Powell is he's too moderate or too liberal for conservatives.  I think that's true, however he is a big picture guy and is smart enough to stay away from hot button issues that should be addressed in legislatures.

He would have made the type of President that Americans are looking for in 2008:  someone that leads without antagonizing.  People are tired of 8 years of Clinton-hate followed by 8 years of Bush-hate.  They want to see the hateful rhetoric put on the shelf for a while.

Personally, I think we need someone willing to ride a fine line and forsake this stupid 2 party crap which has done NOTHING in the last, what,  20 years to further this country economically or politically?

Two party system, as it stands, is a failure. It's like having the bloods and the crypts running the country...and we're the ones bleeding from all the gangbanging turf wars.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#30]

"I hope not!"
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?

No, not really.

Dick Morris was the fellow who both of the Clintons counted on, and, as he so happily reminds everyone, the only fellow that the Clintons NEVER attack.

(He knows where all the bodies are buried. Literally.)

Eric The(Wise)Hun
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Will Condi Run?  

No.

Not a chance.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Condi will never be President because America will not elect a black woman .

Even Hillary is going to have a fight on her hands to get her eventual nomination .

I think you're wrong.

On both counts.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's this "we" stuff, white boy?

What exactly are her Executive proven skills? She has never ran for anything in her life, not even student council.

Meanwhile, Hillary's "proven Executive skills" consist of bouncing a frying pan off Bill's noggin every night for the past 20 years. Her list of election successes consists of managing to get elected twice as second-fiddle to Chuck Schumer.

This is why Hillary's political career plateau's at Senator.  She doesn't have the executive experience.  Now, let's not forget that Hillary will claim she was co-Governor of Arkansas and co-POTUS.  But that claim will backfire on her because she will be forced to defend her husband's record because, by rights, it's her record too.  That will get very, very ugly if it happens.  

Reporter:  "Ms. Rodham-Clinton, if you were truly co-President as you claim, were you aware of your co-President's proclivity for 'improper relationships' with female employees and if so, why didn't you protect the Presidency the kind of scandal these relationships produce?"

Ms. Rodham-Clinton:  "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Won't happen.

+1
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Won't happen.

+1

Anecdotal and totally unscientific though it is.... I don't know a single person that would support Mc/Dickhead/cain.  That includes every person that supported him in the past that I had discussions with.... (maybe 10 people  total).  These folks were not all "like me", i.e.  chl carrying, gun nut, hunter/shooter, outspoken supporter of RKBA , etc.  The fact that their personaland political belief systems are strung all across the spectrum  leads  me to believe he eroded his own base to the point that he's surrounded by yesmen and the media as his only props.
Guess I could be wrong , but somehow I doubt it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?

No, not really.

Dick Morris was the fellow who both of the Clintons counted on, and, as he so happily reminds everyone, the only fellow that the Clintons NEVER attack.

(He knows where all the bodies are buried. Literally.)

Eric The(Wise)Hun

He probably arranged all of that.
If Dick Morris has figured out a way for Condi to win, then I believe that she can win. Morris can disect the voting body better than anyone. He is aching to win the White House again, just so he can thumb his nose at the Clintons. She must match up well against Hillary. I wonder how she fairs against the other leftist bozos.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Even if she ran she would not get elected. Many folks are stil quite Racist and some folks would rather die before seeing a woman President. The Dems and others will say we put a female up just because they did (If in fact they put the beast up). The media will spew some of the most racist garbage that will get a green flag from the ACLU and the libs.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#39]
No.  She said she wouldn't run, and I believe her.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top