Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2001 12:40:06 PM EDT
Being fairly new to the ar15 world, I was wondering about the leagality of using high cap mag's in a post ban rifle. can you legaly put a 30 round mag in a post ban? I have a couple pre bans, but am thinking of picking up a post. If you can put 30 high cap mags in a post ban ar, is the law the same for a pistol? Thanks for your help. Btw im in Az, if it makes a difference.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
milhouse, there are no restrictions on using 30 rnders in a post-ban. especially in our free state of AZ
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Pre-ban magazines are OK to use in postban firearms.   If you modify the magazine to work in a different weapon (example: AR 15 mag to AR180) it must still be functional in the original type without further modification.
I am not a lawyer, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks, what about in a pistol? i have a post-ban pistol, can I legaly put a 15rnd magazine in it?
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Same deal. additionally, there are no post or pre-ban pistols. just the mags. so if you own the mags, you are good to go.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Same deal. additionally, there are no post or pre-ban pistols. just the mags. so if you own the mags, you are good to go.
View Quote
there are pre ban pistols just 90% of em are crap

ie Tec 9's
semi Macs with threaded barrels

Ar15 pistols (not crap but just a  toy not very practical)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top