Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2001 1:30:53 PM EDT
I had the Dissipator at the range last week when I decided it was time to have a little fun.  I fired about twenty rounds through it, "bump fire" style.  I found it easier to do than I'd expected, but there was no way I was hitting the target.

Anyway, I laid the rifle down to cool off and moved over to my 10/22.  A couple minutes later a fellow drives up to the firing line from the clubhouse and walks over.  "Is that a Class III?" he asks.  

"Nope," says I.

"So you just fired it that fast?" he asked.

"Yep, bump fired it," I replied, thinking I am about to catch some flak over it.

"You don't have one of them trigger things or nothing?"

"No, just fired it from the hip." I break it open to show the stock DPMS post-ban parts.

"Oh... I really hoped it was a Class III.  I don't get to see them very often and somebody said they heard somebody shooting one down here."  He gets back in his car and drives back to the clubhouse.  

I guess it takes some practice to learn to hit anything with this "technique."  I suppose a laser would come in handy here.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The bump is cool, but a waist of ammo.
Well have fun.

Falcon out.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Pardon my naivete. I am unfamiliar with "bump firing", how is it done?

Thanks, Heavy
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
The last time I was at a range, I was doing double and triple taps with my AR from the shoulder. The guy I was with asked "When did you get a full auto?"

Being a skinny guy and swaying with the recoil, I can do acurate shots this way, kind of like bump firing. But only with double or triples, if I do more the gun walks up on me.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Wottsamatta with that AK?  Why is the dude in the video pulling the bolt handle and something flies out, then he resumes?

AKs DON'T HANG UP.  Hasn't anyone told you?
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
How do you double/triple tap with an AR? Also, anyone know the correct procedure on double tapping with a Glock? Someone told me about this, but I never asked how its done.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Clairborn Ranger,

He must have been using the world famous Wolf ammo to help him jam his AK!!!!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey, uh, Kalifornia,
you pull the trigger. Fast. Maybe you are referring to something else but I've only heard of double and triple taps as aiming with the first shot and relying on muscle memory for your second and third shot to be close. Other than that, practice.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Is 400 rounds/min fast for just pulling the trigger from a shouldered position?  I've been timed with a stopwatch this fast before.  I wasn't 'bump-firing' either because I don't know how to do that yet.[heavy]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:56:17 PM EDT
[#11]
ah man i love bump firing my ak. f8Ck waste of ammo i paid for it and can have fun with it anyway i want
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:53:24 AM EDT
[#12]
yeah I saw that too?

He didnt have it down at all!

need more practice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top