Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 1:07:03 PM EDT
From today's Daily Mail in Britain

By Peter Allen in Paris

Soap? Why it doesn't wash with the French

Only 10 per cent of French people regularly use soap and many never take a bath, according to a survey.
One in 25 admitted never bothering to shower while one in 33 said they never brush their teeth.
The French spend between 48 and 56 minutes a day in the bathroom but most of the time is used to apply perfume and cosmetics.
These are used by nine out of ten French women and half of all french men-at a cost of £12 million every day.
While in the bathroom, 14 per cent say they make telephone calls and one in 100 admits to eating.
A third say they read, one quarter say they daydream while eight per cent sing and six per cent smoke.
Other habits may also raise eyebrows.
In Paris, owners of the city's 200,000 dogs allow their pets to deposit 16 tons of excrement on the pavement every day.

The statistics are in a booklet called 24 Hours in France-An Unusual Portrait of France and the French.
Some 2.4 million of the country's 60 million people take mood-altering prescription drugs and about 450,000 smoke cannabis daily.
Not surprisingly, striking is also a popular activity. Around 2,000 workers, on average, down tools every day.
And-as some British holidaymakers have found to their cost-most of the strikes are in the transport industry.

The booklet was published in Paris by he weekly Le Point magazine.
The results have irritated some French men.
Pierre-Yves Gerbeau, the former head of the Milennium Dome project, said it was based on stereotypes.
"This idea of the Frog who doesn't wash, has a baguette on his head and a string of onions around his neck is passe, deja vu", he said.
" It's about as real as the Englishman and his pinstripe suit and bowler hat."

Mr Gerbeau, who is married to an Englishwoman, was happier to admit, however, that the French economy was a "total disaster".
"There's not one politician preparedto take on the unions, as Mrs Thatcher did during the 1980'2".
Despite their reputation for romance, French men are apparently not that passionate and make love on average just once every four days.
The famoud French aversion to hygiene has long been a source of jokes.
One contributor to a website dedicated to anti-French humour wrote: "Question: Where's the best place to hide your money? Answer: Under a Frenchman's soap".

Mark
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't surprise me. French people smell bad anyways.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They smell, but they look good.  

How can you tell when they're covered in shit

Mark
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#7]
any link or a scan of this somewhere? numbers seem pretty high.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#8]
The French are mingers

Mark
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Ah France, ripe for conquest! Heck, we don't even have to do anything, just wait till they die out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
any link or a scan of this somewhere? numbers seem pretty high.  

Here you go.

Mark
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
From today's Daily Mail in Britain
...Not surprisingly, striking is also a popular activity. Around 2,000 workers, on average, down tools every day...
Mark

I assume this means "going on strike"?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#14]

"This idea of the Frog who doesn't wash, has a baguette on his head and a string of onions around his neck is passe, deja vu", he said.
" It's about as real as the Englishman and his pinstripe suit and bowler hat."

Looks to me like the English have a better steroptype!  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I am fizassist's complete lack of surprise.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe, but the brits have dodgy teeth.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

At least we brush them
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes It's true, and they DO eat Horses.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#19]
the French would wash, but the Brits shoplift all the soap
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Where did you get that Newsclip? The daily mirror????? I would'nt consider them to be too reliable.

ETA: ooooppppss, my reading skiills not to good. Daily mail eh? Well not much better.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Nothing wrong with my teeth............
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Filthy people.... 'nuff said
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
In Paris, owners of the city's 200,000 dogs allow their pets to deposit 16 tons of excrement on the pavement every day.

Giving birth to more Frenchmen?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could be
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Yes It's true, and they DO eat Horses.

But they won't eat corn because it's used to feed farm animals?? WTF?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

Went to Paris in April.  Didn't see any covered in shit.  Did see a bunch of beautiful women and pretty hot guys.  Too much perfume/cologne to mask the smell, though. <shrug>

The ones that we had over for the Francophile Festival crud in Lafayette, LA were some non-ass washing dank B.O. goat smelling SOBs. Proud of their odour. Wouldn't wash their clothes but would hang them out to 'aire'.

Told us that we Americans were anal retentive and bathed too much.

wganz

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone have pics of the French scooter designed specifically to suck up dog shit.  Thats got to be one hell of a job. "So what do you do for a living Francois?"  "Moi?  I operate ze Motor Scooter Pooper Scooper."
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Only 10 per cent of French people regularly use soap and many never take a bath, according to a survey.

One in 25 admitted never bothering to shower while one in 33 said they never brush their teeth.

Cheese Eating Unhygenic Surrender Monkey's

ANdy

Yes, and the lack of hygiene tells you what kind of cheese they're eating.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Just like libs. You can say anything derogatory you want about them and it is true.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where did you get that Newsclip? The daily mirror????? I would'nt consider them to be too reliable.

ETA: ooooppppss, my reading skiills not to good. Daily mail eh? Well not much better.

Phrench lover…

It's not that at all. I'm defensive cause I'm not exactly the most clean person. In fact i'm downright dirty. And ya know what??
Calling French people dirty is an INSULT TO DIRTY PEOPLE!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#32]
US and UK can just be thankful that the northern hemisphere prevaling winds are west to east.  Let the masses of Asia filter the odor with their breathing...
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

Went to Paris in April.  Didn't see any covered in shit.  Did see a bunch of beautiful women and pretty hot guys.  Too much perfume/cologne to mask the smell, though. <shrug>

+1 on the beautiful women!, didn't notice the guys much tho.

I was in Paris in May and I had really been dreading the time I was going to be there because of all these wives tales I'd heard about the French and Parisians... I was at no time offended by anyone while I was there, not their smell, their actions, their willingness to assist a tourist!  We had a wonderful time.  
I was totally shocked! And I can't wait to go back, Paris is the most incredible city I've ever seen (and I've traveled all over the world)

If you want smelly people, I can take you to a few places in TX that can hold their own against stinky's anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

I was in Paris in May and I had really been dreading the time I was going to be there because of all these wives tales I'd heard about the French and Parisians... I was at no time offended by anyone while I was there, not their smell, their actions, their willingness to assist a tourist!  We had a wonderful time.  
I was totally shocked! And I can't wait to go back, Paris is the most incredible city I've ever seen (and I've traveled all over the world)

If you want smelly people, I can take you to a few places in TX that can hold their own against stinky's anywhere.

+1

The people in this thread just repeat stupid old stereotypes. You find stinky people everywhere. Go to Wal-Mart on a Saturday and you'll find some of the least hygenic people ever. Of course the Saturday Wal-Mart shoppers probably make up 90% of the people in this thread. White trash knows their own kind.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:23:42 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

+1

The people in this thread just repeat stupid old stereotypes. You find stinky people everywhere. Go to Wal-Mart on a Saturday and you'll find some of the least hygenic people ever. Of course the Saturday Wal-Mart shoppers probably make up 90% of the people in this thread. White trash knows their own kind.

another closét Phrenchman…

We live 22 miles from them and have been fighting them for nearly a thousand years… we know our enemy!

ANdy

DLoken the Frog
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:46:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:02:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

+1

I'd rather be a stinky American than a clean Frenchi.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:18:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Scoop that poop!

tinypic.com/ehxbt1.jpg

This is the only 'enemy' the Phrench have ever captured…

We live 22 miles from them and have been fighting them for nearly a thousand years… we know our enemy!

ANdy

So let me get this straight.......They can only capture an immobile turd, but you have been fighting them for a THOUSAND years?

I guess it is time for me to re-evaluate British military capabilities.......

SRM
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Scoop that poop!

tinypic.com/ehxbt1.jpg

ANdy

So let me get this straight.......They can only capture an immobile turd, but you have been fighting them for a THOUSAND years?

I guess it is time for me to re-evaluate British military capabilities.......

SRM

NO!!!!  After 1000 years of being continually beaten into submission by us they have now learned their place in the world!!!

…and become a nation of Poop Scoopers!

ANdy

That turd even managed to negotiate it's own terms of surrender

Mark
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

NO!!!!  After 1000 years of being continually beaten into submission by us they have now learned their place in the world!!!

…and become a nation of Poop Scoopers!

ANdy

Not bad, not bad, but it still doesn't explain the apparent discrepancy.

Now, if the Brits had been flying the Super Hornet......

SRM
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Scoop that poop!

It's a merdecycle!  w00t!  

And IBT

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top