Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 7:10:33 PM EDT
Local hotel cannot afford to wait for the Red Cross to pay for evacuees so they are evicting the "guests"who cannot pay.  
Well you guessed it the "guests" are saying they will not leave.
Better Business Bureau is also threatening the hotel.
The hotel offered all the help they could and now they cannot afford to offer any more assistance.
If I am not mistaken this is still America, where as a business owner you have the final say when it comes to your business.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#1]

where as a business owner you have the final say when it comes to your business.

sadly that's no longer the case
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The people have no place to go     ------------   they can go to a shelter
The hotel is losing money              ------------ they must make room for guest that can pay

What hotel is this? How much could it be  a night?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't expect a business to compensate for everyone until they well... go out of business.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

i dont think that matters. these people do not expect to pay for anything.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I want the name of the Hotel so I can go there and donate - to the owners, not the "visitors."

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i dont think that matters. these people do not expect to pay for anything.

So true!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

where as a business owner you have the final say when it comes to your business.

+2
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Duh. Nobody owns private property.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I want the name of the Hotel so I can go there and donate - to the owners, not the "visitors." CMOS

Make up some signs that say "Get out of TX you freeloaders!"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#10]
If the hotel owners are smart, they will invoice FEMA or submit a claim.  Whatever it takes.  The next round of looting is the white collar kind, like Governor Blank-oh's condemnation of the Super Dome.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Im looking for the link on the TV stations site...
The guy seemed very sorry, but he was explaining that he just could no longer afford to operate that way.  Everyone was making him out to be a bad guy.  
Heck now that the dome and everywhere else is in full swing (not to mention friggin cruise ships) send them over there how many people could there possible be. It was a small hotel 2 story motor inn kinda place.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If the hotel owners are smart, they will invoice FEMA or submit a claim.  Whatever it takes.  The next round of looting is the white collar kind, like Governor Blank-oh's condemnation of the Super Dome.

Sounds like it might be a small hotel - ?  

If so, the owners can't wait the 6 months it will take the Feds to pay them.

Completely understandable.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#13]
They are entitled to the living space.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They aren't entitled to someone else's private property. If the hotel can't legitimately afford it, then tough. No sense in sending them into bankrupcy or other financial trouble.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Sorry but in America you are only entitled to what you can afford.
Remember we are not a communist state...yet....
but we're getting closer

Edit to add..
I wonder how much free stuff In am entitiled too???
I sure don't have anyone knocking on my door with $$$$
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#16]
They could atleast say they will work at the hotel to pay the debt or help out. At least offer something for the room, instead of just saying your not going to pay. The hotel showed kindness for these people they should show some back. They may have lost their home but he hotel needs to survive also
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They aren't entitled to someone else's private property. If the hotel can't legitimately afford it, then tough. No sense in sending them into bankrupcy or other financial trouble.

.gov will buy it at the auction and turn it into "apartments".
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Thats why you can't help people with that kind of mentality. It will bite you in the ass.And what did the owner think would happen, they would stay a few days. Thats why I'm the asshole that I am with dealing with people like that
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry but in America you are only entitled to what you can afford.

Have you ever tried to evict a roomate or renter who failed to pay? Damn near impossible. Certainly can't do it overnight. Or even several weeks.

Yet another lesson from Katrina - Never open your home or business to squatters. Once you offer them shelter - kicking them out will be damn near impossible. You OWE them a place now.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Give it a few weeks and then the hood rats will start a "business".  Then the the City will decide that the hotel owner was allowing a criminal enterprise to operate on his property without doing anything about it and then the City will fine his ass and  ultimately confiscate his property.  

Sad but true.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Give it a few weeks and then the hood rats will start a "business".  Then the the City will decide that the hotel owner was allowing a criminal enterprise to operate on his property without doing anything about it and then the City will fine his ass and  ultimately confiscate his property.  

Sad but true.

Yep. One crackhead making a deal or bringing home the shit and RICO will snatch that  whole hotel from the owners.

NEVER let strangers, squatters and ESPECIALLY poor refugees from any ghettoized inner city into your home or business.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Let this be a lesson to the people that were thinking of letting them stay in there homes.One member here posted he had a 3 family house and was thinking about it. That would be a nightmare for him and I hope he sees this thread. Fuck these losers.  I know some are good people ,most are NOT!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I hate to say it, but I told you so.  Texas has become the new Utopia for tens of thousands of welfare rats.  As soon as the puddles dry up, ship their asses back to New Orleans.  I hate to sound insensitive, but I worry for you poor Texans who will have to put up with the increased property crimes, gang activity, and increased violent crimes.  You can move scumbags to a new state, but the scum will not rub off.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I have been around the block..BUT
I have never seen the likes of the ghetto people from NOLA.
I helped in the Great Midwest Floods in the early 90's.  
I sandbagged for like 24 hours straight to help people not loose everything thing they had.
We lost the fight, and lots of poor folks lost everything they had, but these people were very grateful for any and all assistance that was offered.
You also did not see them beggin the way these folks from NOLA are.
They had respect and dignity for themselfs even though all was lost.
I am totally lost for a reason as to how these people are so consumed with the "give me mentality."
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Please let it be true cause I need some damn gun shows.

HOUSTON -- Thousands of evacuees have left Houston's largest shelters at Reliant Park and officials hope to close the facilities soon, Local 2 reported Wednesday.

Hurricane Katrina evacuees are moving out as soon as they find more permanent housing.

As of Wednesday morning, approximately 8,000 evacuees remained at the Astrodome, Reliant Center, Reliant Arena and the George R. Brown Convention Center.

An official headcount showed 2,930 evacuees remained at the Dome, 1,800 were at Reliant Arena, 2,000 were in Reliant Center and 1,366 remained at the convention center for a total of 8,096 evacuees.

"My personal goal, the Joe Leonard goal if you will, is try to get the shelters here closed by a week from Sunday," said Lt. Joe Leonard, shelter operations manager.

The displaced New Orleans residents hope to find a new home before then.

Lakiesha Jones has stood in line for hours to get signed up for housing.

"Hopefully we can find something before next Sunday," she said.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I hate to say it, but I told you so.  Texas has become the new Utopia for tens of thousands of welfare rats.  As soon as the puddles dry up, ship their asses back to New Orleans.  I hate to sound insensitive, but I worry for you poor Texans who will have to put up with the increased property crimes, gang activity, and increased violent crimes.  You can move scumbags to a new state, but the scum will not rub off.

Sad but true....
I agree...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

HOUSTON -- Thousands of evacuees have left Houston's largest shelters at Reliant Park and officials hope to close the facilities soon, Local 2 reported Wednesday.

Hurricane Katrina evacuees are moving out as soon as they find more permanent housing.

As of Wednesday morning, approximately 8,000 evacuees remained at the Astrodome, Reliant Center, Reliant Arena and the George R. Brown Convention Center.

An official headcount showed 2,930 evacuees remained at the Dome, 1,800 were at Reliant Arena, 2,000 were in Reliant Center and 1,366 remained at the convention center for a total of 8,096 evacuees.

"My personal goal, the Joe Leonard goal if you will, is try to get the shelters here closed by a week from Sunday," said Lt. Joe Leonard, shelter operations manager.

Yes, but unfortunately they will be moving into .gov subsidized housing…
I think the name "Reliant Arena" was a sign of things to come
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
NEVER let strangers, squatters and ESPECIALLY poor refugees from any ghettoized inner city into your home or business.

isn't that common sense
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but unfortunately they will be moving into .gov subsidized housing…
I think the name "Reliant Arena" was a sign of things to come

Tell that to Slumlord...he told me today he might be getting several of the "evacuees" moving into his complex that he runs.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#30]
On another board I post on a realtor was giving his time to drive folks from the stadium to look at some apartments.  
The people got there looked around and said they were not nice enough
Nice people trying to help ungrateful POS.
Maybe they will ask Slumlord to renovate them before they move in..
You know to get them up to their standards
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I can understand about the motel can't  wait for the money from the Government,
Houston's channel 13 just ran a story that the city is still waiting to be paid $4.8 million
from hurrican Alicia, and is afraid they will get stiffed again on this one, So you know that
hotel is at the bottom of the list to be paid. Thank God I live in NW Houston and don't have
to go to that end of town. I'll bet the CHL classes are going to be packed in the future
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+2

Yup, someone has not been paying attention
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top