Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/6/2005 4:31:31 PM EDT
The FEMA director before Brown(who had no experience in disaster relief before his appointment) was Joe Allbaugh. Allbuagh was Bush's chief of staff while he was governer of Texas. After he recommended Brown(his old college room mate) to take his place as FEMA director, he helped start his own company! What does this company do?

"New Bridge Strategies, LLC is a unique company that was created specifically with the aim of assisting clients to evaluate and take advantage of business opportunities in the Middle East following the conclusion of the U.S.-led war in Iraq."

What a dick! He also owns another company called The Allbaugh Company, LLC. This company provides "strategic management skills", whatever the hell that means. HE only has a few clients, but strangely enough, includes KBR and Northrop Grumman

Also founding this company was Ed Rogers, former Deputy Assistant to the President of the United States and Executive Assistant to the White House Chief of Staff.

Last but not least is the CEO, John Howland, the owner of an investment company that "worked with Middle Eastern governments and companies, including Iraq (prior to 1989)." So he had a healthy business relationship with Iraq, but only until we decided they were the bad guys.

Read the bios of all the guys. I can't believe that ths kind of crap goes on. And what's worse is that nobody knows about it.

www.newbridgestrategies.com/index.asp
www.allbaughcompany.com/index.php
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody knows about it?

It's been business as usual since WWII. Ever heard of the military-industrial complex? It spans the world.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
A big so fucking what...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
guess what, turns out the media has egg ALL OVER their scum sucking pusses...albaugh and brown were NEVER roommates and albaugh has NEVER sought contracts from fema.

gee, so sorry your little bush conspiracy fantasy has no feet...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm waiting for your point or the punch-line or whatever.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The reason why no one knows is because no one cares. As Karl Rove figured out before anyone else, the truth doesn't matter!

This kind of shady behavior is par for the course, Haliburton got the NOLA clean up litterally 4 days after Kartina hit or something like that, and that place is complete mess... contamination up the wazzoo.

meh. The responses you've generated illustrate the typical apathy of the American people.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
guess what, turns out the media has egg ALL OVER their scum sucking pusses...albaugh and brown were NEVER roommates and albaugh has NEVER sought contracts from fema.

Altogether now................."IT'S ALL BUSH'S FAULT"!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Proof per chance?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The reason why no one knows is because no one cares. As Karl Rove figured out before anyone else, the truth doesn't matter!

This kind of shady behavior is par for the course, Haliburton got the NOLA clean up litterally 4 days after Kartina hit or something like that, and that place is complete mess... contamination up the wazzoo.

meh. The responses you've generated illustrate the typical apathy of the American people.

Holy crap!

Rich people who have powerful connections start businesses then call people they know.   Thanks for opening my eyes user with 12 posts.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Proof per chance?

I've got a better idea.  It's your theory.  How about you prove it?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Another big "SO WHAT!!!"

Watch the news and you'll see a video from Friday before the hurricane where Brown tells New Orleans to eveacuate and to not expect any services for several days after the hurricane hits.

That's exactly what happened. Those who didn't leave, didn't have services for several days.

If you need someone to blame. Look for an inept mayor and governor.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Proof per chance?

I've got a better idea.  It's your theory.  How about you prove it?

Okay,

Brown had no obvious qualifications, other than having been Allbaugh's college roommate. But Brown was made deputy director of FEMA; The Boston Herald reports that he was forced out of his previous job, overseeing horse shows.

www.helenair.com/articles/2005/09/06/opinions/a04090605_02.txt

Now you have to show your proof.  I hope you didn't jump the gun, SmilingBandit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Are you SURE you are on the right web site?

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Troll alert
Troll alert
Troll alert

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#14]
HOLY CRAP!!!!  You discovered the free market economy.  Very good.

R.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Proof per chance?

Don’t understand basic reasoning do you. You making shit up now prove it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Proof per chance?

Don’t understand basic reasoning do you. You making shit up now proof it.

Umm.  I already did.  Can you read my posts?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Okay,

Brown had no obvious qualifications, other than having been Allbaugh's college roommate. But Brown was made deputy director of FEMA; The Boston Herald reports that he was forced out of his previous job, overseeing horse shows.

Now you have to show your proof.  I hope you didn't jump the gun, SmilingBandit.

A opinion piece as proof boy you don’t understand basic reasoning do you.

Try again OPINION is not proof of anything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Okay,

I didn't jump the gun.  I asked you to give a link, it gives your posts just a touch of creadibility.

But allow me to let you in on a little secret...the director of FEMA doesn't have anything to do with planning for disasters.  That work is done by career civil servants.  The big job for the director of FEMA (and other such agencies) is to look good while reading pre-prepared speeches in front of congressional commitees.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay,

I didn't jump the gun.  I asked you to give a link, it gives your posts just a touch of creadibility.

But allow me to let you in on a little secret...the director of FEMA doesn't have anything to do with planning for disasters.  That work is done by career civil servants.  The big job for the director of FEMA (and other such agencies) is to look good while reading pre-prepared speeches in front of congressional commitees.

Don't try and backpeddle here.  You give me proof that they weren't college roommates and I'll let you off the hook.  This thread wasn't even about FEMA's repsonse to New Orleans anyway, it's about the suspicious awarding of contracts and sickening intentions of a corporation headed by the former leader of FEMA
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You failed to recognize opinion pieces are opinion and not proof of anything.

The only thing you are proving is you will go to all lengths to manufacture bullshit out of NOTHING.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only thing you are proving is you will go to all lengths to manufacture bullshit out of NOTHING.

Easy with the anger, my friend!  

That was actually a news article, but in the opinions section.  

Does anybody have that link proving they weren't roommates?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's another article:

Soon after, Brown was invited to join the administration by his old Oklahoma college roommate Joseph Allbaugh, the previous head of FEMA until he quit in 2003 to work for the president's re-election campaign.

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46155
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#23]
So what exactly does that prove?

That the two knew each other?

What's to say it's any more than Allbaugh trusted Brown (who holds a degree in polotical science) and thought he would be an assett.

It's not like Brown bought a pardon.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Easy with the anger, my friend!  

That was actually a news article, but in the opinions section.  

Does anybody have that link proving they weren't roommates?

You really are either not to bright or just a brazen liar to try to pass off Paul Krugman as writing a news story.

Paul Krugman is NOT a reporter and he is a leftist hack who writes OPINION columns for the NYT.

Caught yourself.

One more time for the logically challenged... YOU CANNOT PROVE A NEGATIVE.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#25]
That article from worldnetdaily wasn't opinion and wasn't written by Krugman.  Can anyone prove they weren't roommates?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
That article from worldnetdaily wasn't opinion and wasn't written by Krugman.  Can anyone prove they weren't roommates?

OCD much?

Let's presume for the sake of arguement that they were roommates.  What does that in and of itself  prove?  I have old friends that I know and trust to the end of the world, prove that Brown was appointed for any other reason.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OCD much?

Let's presume for the sake of arguement that they were roommates.  What does that in and of itself  prove?  I have old friends that I know and trust to the end of the world, prove that Brown was appointed for any other reason.

Why bother it is pretty clear you are dealing with someone just making a stink out of nothing… or a typing turnip that cannot understand basic logic. It means nothing in itself if they were roommates. Just shadow slander.

Matter of fact can he PROVE he is not a turnip.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Welcome to your dawning awareness. This type of thing is very old news.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OCD much?

Why bother it is pretty clear you are dealing with someone just making a stink out of nothing… or a typing turnip that cannot understand basic logic. It means nothing in itself if they were roommates. Just shadow slander.

Can you give the link saying they weren't roommates?

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:50:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OCD much?

Hey Max_Mike, I'm still waiting.

I guess another aspect of this whole thread is that if this had been pointed out with Clinton and his former employees, you'd all be going batshit insanse about what a bastard he is.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:58:09 AM EDT
[#31]
I got my job on the recomendation of my
college roommate. BFD.

What matters is whether the man can do
the job, which is seriously in doubt at this
moment.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:03:28 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
college roommate. BFD.

moment.

I don't know how this thread became mostly about the roommate thing, but when I was assaulted because I wrote that Brown and Allbraugh had been roommates, I simply asked for proof.  When I provided statements saying they were, and nobody could provide anything saying they weren't, it suddenly didn't matter anymore.  Pathetic.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Oh my god!  Four days?  That's fast!  Must be a conspiracy.

What we should have done was have a fair and open bidding process for the contract.  Each company could submit it's proposal, which then the government would take 90 days to review.  Then, after the decision was made, the other companies that didn't get the contract would be able to file for an appeal.  That would take 6 months.  The originally selected company could then file an amendment to it's proposal, which would be accepted after a 90 day period.  Then the news media could run stories on how the selected company overbilled the government, because when it put in the original bid it assumed people were still alive in New Orleans and that some of the infrastructure was still intact, which wasn't true after a year of bidding on this contract.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:06:03 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Again, who cares?  I've already said that even if they were, it changes nothing.

It's pretty sad that you're so wraped up about this percieved impropriety.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:09:35 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Again, who cares?  I've already said that even if they were, it changes nothing.

It's pretty sad that you're so wraped up about this percieved impropriety.

It's pretty sad that people say things and make accusations without knowing about the subject they're talking about.  And like I said in the post before, it's not so much the roommate as the fact that people like you would be screaming bloody murder if it were simply Clinton or another Democrat.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:11:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
college roommate. BFD.

moment.

I don't know how this thread became mostly about the roommate thing, but when I was assaulted because I wrote that Brown and Allbraugh had been roommates, I simply asked for proof.  When I provided statements saying they were, and nobody could provide anything saying they weren't, it suddenly didn't matter anymore.  Pathetic.

I'm sorry for punching you in the face and kicking your dog.  Please excuse these, and my other assualts on you.

I can tell you exactly why the thread stays on the whole roommate thing, because you won't let it go.  I know that I have conceded for the sake of arguement that point, yet you still go right back to it.  Bring something new to the table, or walk away from it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#37]
And oh yeah, I think it does matter, because when buddies hire each other and someone isn't qulaified for the job, people die because of it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:17:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
And oh yeah, I think it does matter, because when buddies hire each other and someone isn't qulaified for the job, people die because of it.

SmilingBandit, is this a new idea?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:19:38 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't know if you read this on the first page, you were kinda stuck in a loop about college dorm arangements at the time so I'll reiterate.

But allow me to let you in on a little secret...the director of FEMA doesn't have anything to do with planning for disasters. That work is done by career civil servants. The big job for the director of FEMA (and other such agencies) is to look good while reading pre-prepared speeches in front of congressional commitees.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I don't know if you read this on the first page, you were kinda stuck in a loop about college dorm arangements at the time so I'll reiterate.

But allow me to let you in on a little secret...the director of FEMA doesn't have anything to do with planning for disasters. That work is done by career civil servants. The big job for the director of FEMA (and other such agencies) is to look good while reading pre-prepared speeches in front of congressional commitees.

I guess it's the same for all other agencies too, like Generals in the military having nothing to do with planning for wars, the head of NASA knowing nothing about space.  I guess the head of organizations really shouldn't know anything about what they do.  Good business practice, though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#42]

It's pretty sad that people say things and make accusations without knowing about the subject they're talking about. And like I said in the post before, it's not so much the roommate as the fact that people like you would be screaming bloody murder if it were simply Clinton or another Democrat.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

It's pretty sad that people say things and make accusations without knowing about the subject they're talking about. And like I said in the post before, it's not so much the roommate as the fact that people like you would be screaming bloody murder if it were simply Clinton or another Democrat.

Okay, maybe not you, Bunny, but the board in general.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#44]
It's really not worth my time to bother with this thread anymore.  I know I've proved my point and have all of you backpeddling and trying to change the subject.  Typical.  

Just doing my job; throwing a wrench in the 24 hour a day conservative circle jerk that is "General Discussion"

Keep it up guys!  The GOP is on the way out.  2006 Congressional elections, here I come!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:34:56 AM EDT
[#45]
And one last thing.  It never ceases to amaze me just how accurate this cartoon is:

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:37:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:38:41 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Nepotism rampant in Washington D.C.

...in other news: Japan surrenders to the Allies.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:39:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
It's really not worth my time to bother with this thread anymore.  I know I've proved my point and have all of you backpeddling and trying to change the subject.  Typical.  

Just doing my job; throwing a wrench in the 24 hour a day conservative circle jerk that is "General Discussion"

Keep it up guys!  The GOP is on the way out.  2006 Congressional elections, here I come!

Thank God you're leaving us without cutting us to the core any more.  I mean, if you would have asked me one more time about sleeping arrangements in college I would have broken down and voted for Hillary in 08.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:58:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Speaking of college roommates, did you know that Al Gore used to room with Tommy Lee Jones while at Harvard?

I think that is totally unfair.  Gore is able to get T.L.J all of his acting gigs, slowly preparing him for a position as the Director of the Conspiracy!  Oh, the horror!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top