Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2001 6:28:50 AM EDT
I'm having trouble breaking in some leather.  Item #1 is a Galco FLETCH holster for a Glock 19.  The leather seems to be at the point where it is soft, but the gun is still very difficult to draw.  Next item is a Galco Concealable also for the G19.  It is a little better off than the FLETCH, but not much.  I have a Concealable for my 1911, and it didn't take nearly as long.  Final item is a Galco handcuff case.  The leather is soft now, but I can't get the stupid snap to shut without using both hands and really clamping down.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chimborazo
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I fought Galco for a lot of years. What I always ended up doing was putting the items in the carriers and putting them in my gun safe for a couple of weeks to loosen up everything. As far as the cuff case I have the model that goes on the shoulder holster or belt, and it's still impossible to put in with 1 hand. I don't use it anymore.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#2]
DOH!!  That's the cuff case that I have...what did you end up using?  Does Mitch Rosen make a good one?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#3]
FIST Holsters (Jim Murnak) says they use silicone spray for break-in. Their holsters are pretty tight as delivered, even the ones without hand boning.
Top Top