Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#1]
We got Buck home today. I've updated at the start of the thread.

Thanks again to everyone who sent along good thoughts! Keep them coming, we still need them!

efxguy

updates
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We got Buck home today. I've updated at the start of the thread.

Thanks again to everyone who sent along good thoughts! Keep them coming, we still need them!

efxguy

Fingers crossed!!   Hopefully he'll keep improving and still have some great years in him!!  

I sympathise particularly, because I just got off the phone scheduling another surgery for my cat.  He got cancer earlier this year, had surgery to remove the tumor, and had four weeks of radiation therapy, and they were pretty optimistic, and a CT scan in June showed no cancer.  But now he has a new tumor - in the same place   The docs are hopeful that it's not actually cancerous (but a fatty tumor), but want to take it out and analyse it just to be safe.  If they are wrong, and it is cancerous, he is totally screwed.

I've spent a TON of money on that damn cat , and I would spend twice that again. (and I don't care what anyone else thinks about it.  I made the money, and I'll spend it anyway I want, and it's nobody business).

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:40:33 AM EDT
[#3]
that's great news about Buckaroo coming home! no need to worry I'm sure your wife will be fine while you're away. we will be watching for updates as Buckaroo progresses, hope all goes well and Buckaroo and your family will always be in our prayers, God bless you all!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Any updates?   Hope he's doing better.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Any updates?   Hope he's doing better.  

+1 BTT
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry everyone, I apologize for not updating sooner. We are overwhelmed with everything and I had to go to Dallas for four days.  

The Buckaroo is doing better, but is still not well.

He got to his feet without help today though!!! Wow , but he cannot walk on his own. His left side is still not very responsive.  

I'll do a full update in the morning.  

Best wishes to all,

efxguy
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#7]
prayers out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Give a hug from us.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I sure hope and pray your best friend gets better. It tears my heart to shreds when I read stories like this.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey its only been a coupla weeks. Give him some time. I know I would want more than a couple of weeks to recover from a stroke that left me totally paralyzed. Guess we know now who the really tough ones are don't we. Dogs can take a lot but give him all the time he needs to recover. I know this is hard on you all and on him too (think how degrading it is to have someone, even a loved one have to take you out to the bathroom every time you have to go). I personally would go insane having to rely on others that much, once again the "old man" is tougher than I am.

Heres more prayers heading out for this tough old bird.

Keep up the patience and let him recover at his own pace he might surprise everyone by making a full recovery (heres hoping).
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#11]
The old Buckaroo spent the day outside with us today and got to his feet (with my help) when his dog sitter came by to visit.

He gets tired fast but he can stand on his own feet for a few minutes at a time. If  I help him up.

If I hold him up with a sling under his chest, he can take afew steps. A lot more steps if he needs to potty!

So there is still hope as I was begining to think that he would never recover.

Time is going to be the big healer here....

Thanks, you all, for the prayers and thoughts!

efxguy

and Buckaroo!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope you will update this thread once a week or so.   I'm really hoping he makes a recovery.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:20:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I've posted an update at the start of the thread.update

Thanks everyone for the positve thoughts and prayers.

I know that this is such a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but to us, it is pretty important.

Regards,

efxguy
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:48:33 AM EDT
[#14]
the weekend update sounds FANTASTIC! good for Buckaroo! sooooo happy that he''s making a recovery, as always, you and Buckaroo are always in our prayers! keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:03:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Go buckaroo go!  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:28:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Absolutely awsome.....  Go Buck Go !!!!!!!  Glad to see hes getting better. Slowly but surly hell be your same old pal again. Thank you for being one of the ones who wouldnt give up on there family friend.... So many people would have had him buried by now....

God Bless ...........
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#17]
That is awesome news! Keep goin Buck!

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:56:36 AM EDT
[#18]
One month later, Buck gets up and walks! He's walking like a drunken sailor, but still, he's walking!

I've updated the thread with some photos!

update

We are so excited to see him getting to his feet!

WOW!

-efxguy
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:03:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Awesome! They are such good fighters, especially when they know that you are there for him and he knows it pleases you to make the progress as well.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:20:26 AM EDT
[#20]
that is awesome news. Way to go Buck
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:35:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Kick ass!  That is great news my friend.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#22]
those are the most glorious pictures I've seen in a long time! the most heart warming story and happiest ending anyone could have thought. God bless you and Buckaroo!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#23]
That is GREAT NEWS.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Excellent news, glad to hear he'd doing well.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#25]
God Bless you for your love & patience for your dog. Glad to hear he is getting back to being himself again. I looked for this thread the other night but couldn't find it & I forgot to "tag" it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Congradulations efxguy and Buckaroo. I been following this since the thread started. Great to see.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#27]
I just fixed the newest photos at the start of the thread.

Thank you so very much for hosting them for me David!

efxguy
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats!!!

I'm so happy for all of you!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#29]
That's great news about your dog.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I just fixed the newest photos at the start of the thread.

Thank you so very much for hosting them for me David!

efxguy

Anytime.

-d
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Just saw the pictures. That is a beautiful canine.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Man that made me tear up looking at the pics and the updates.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Great to hear he is doing OK.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:34:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:31:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks again all.

He is walking and starting to have his own adventures again! He is walking into the woods behind our house to check out the critters there and barking at the deer!

So although he is not walking like he used to, he IS getting around pretty well. (except on tile floors, he still doesn't have enough control over his hind legs).  He can manage the steps in our house with a little help.

We actually went for a (very) short walk downtown in our little town. We really enjoyed that walk in the sun, but he was pretty tired the rest of the day.  

It is so great to see him being himself again! Now if only we could get our black Lab to stop pushing him over! THe "little brother" gets his revenge on the old man!

efxguy
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Give that dog a steak!!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top