Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 8:37:48 AM EDT
Well, I gots my self pulled over by the local Police, he said something about speeding. I told him I'll take your word for it, because I was not looking at my speedometer. He starting laughing. I gave him my paper work and he noticed my concealed weapons permit. He asked if I was armed, I said, Sure am. He asked me where the firearm was and I told him it's in my waistband. He said, don't take it out, but what kind of firearm is it? I said a Kimber CDP .45. You won't believe what he said next........

Thats a FINE choice, good for you. Just slow down a bit, have a safe day.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Not quite as simple as my stop today....But damn, gotta love a PO with taste...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
heh now thats funny

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#3]
You mean to say he didn't ask, "Are you professional enough to carry it?"

ETA: Almost missed my chance- Or, "Shot any dogs with it?"
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You mean to say he didn't ask, "Are you professional enough to carry it?"

ETA: Almost missed my chance- Or, "Shot any dogs with it?"

Damn, forgot to add, I did have my Golden Retreiver in the back, he made it through the incident unharmed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Once I mistakenly went to a secure gate at Davis-Monthan AFB-I was lost-and I was a little worried because there were 8 or 9 guards standing there, all with M16s and sidearms, as well as a pretty cute K9 airwoman. I had 2 VERY LARGE boxes in the back of my truck because I was making a couple of deliveries. I had my Sig in a holster sitting on the seat next to me.

I pulled up to the guard, told him I was lost, and asked if he could help. He directed me to where I needed to go (a scant 1/2 mile away), and before he directed me to turn around at the guard house he asked, "Is that a Sig?"
"Yes, it is" I replied.
"Nice gun" said the guard and waved me on.

It's been my experience that not all LEOs and persons of authority are jackasses about weapons.

It's also been my experience that you can't always trust Microsoft Streets and Trips software, even if you religiously get the updates. I've had it direct me onto streets or roads that I had NO business whatsoever being on to get to my destination. I learned a long time ago to print a map of the address I'm going to because at least the maps are never wrong.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

...................It's also been my experience that you can't always trust Microsoft Streets and Trips software, even if you religiously get the updates. ....................

Be especially careful if you're near the Mexican border. Several years ago a local guy took the wrong turn into Mexico, couldn't turn around until he had entered the country- with some AMMO in his car and spent some time in jail. Mapquest has my address on the right street, only at the wrong end. On the other hand my bro who lives down a long dirt lane and driveway in rural MS is precisely pinpointed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Next time tell him you've got a .25 Lorcin.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:10:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Heh! What a cool officer!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Best story all day!

HH
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a comment like that from a AZHP but I still got a ticket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top