Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/27/2005 1:20:47 AM EDT
As a stunningly successful man of the world, I am often asked, "swingset, how can I, a nebbish dweeb, hope to score hot babes and find a great lady like you did?"

And, often, my answer is simple and direct. Usually something like "Dream on, dork".

But, today, I'm feeling altruistic and I am going to let the young men of Arfcom in on a few of the lesser known secrets of that crazy species we call womenz. There are many mysteries of the universe, vast unknowable chasms of wonder out there, but the gals are not one of them. They are not like us, but they are not without a purpose or a plan and I happen to know most of it. I have stayed at many a Holiday Inn Express, and I have had my 31 flavors of pie.

So, if you are between the ages of 15 and 25, or mentally so, pay attention and tattoo these pearls on the inside of your thigh. When you have lived a long and failed life of disasterous encounters with the fairer sex, you will want to read back my little laundry list and slap yourself for not taking it to heart.

Item 1: Do not listen to what women have to say about women. They are not privy to the keen powers of self-instropection, nor are they honest when the mirror paints the picture of womanhood in a less-than-flattering light. If women were to be trusted about how they tick, we'd all have it figured out, and women would be happy. Society is afraid of saying what I am, that women have been led to believe they are a noble half of the human race, and more suited to matters of the heart. Fact is, they're just as clueless as you. Next.

Item 2: Women are 95% a product of the relationship (or lack thereof) between they and their fathers. Men are made by their mothers, women by their dads. If daddy beat them, left them, or otherwise was a shitbag, you had better believe they will not have healthy impulses and chaos will follow them throughout their days. This is an absolute, so trust me when I say, if they don't have a healthy relationship with pops, they're not having one with you either, so fucking run. Yes, they're going to be fun in the sackeroo, but trust me....run. That other 5% of their nature comes from lucky genetics, but you're not turning that into anything by yourself. You ain't fixing a broken girl, so just run.

Item 3: To attract women, you need but one thing....to be in charge. Not necessarily of the world or the building you work in, but in charge of your surroundings. You need to be in charge of whatever setting you and the womenz will be in. In any herd of animals, the females obey the alpha. You must be, no matter what the situation, the "guy". You might need to be the funny guy, or the cool guy, or the host, or the entertainer, or even the "taken" one, but you had better be the center of attention that day. To be this thing, you need some confidence, you need your shit in order, and you need some sort of talent that will put you in the alpha spot - no matter if that's at the library or at the night club. Women do not fawn at the slowest, weakest gazelle. They look at what's running out front, and follow. Get your life in order. Women are not laying in the tub right now letting the water hit the pink parts dreaming about a gun nut who's playing Rainbow Six in his mom's basement. You follow? This leads me to item 4.

Item 4: Women, real women, do not want a boy. They want a man, so be one. Don't get dickhead haircuts, tribal tats, spinners for your ghey car, the latest trendy clothes or skin care products. These are the tools of vain boys, and a woman does not want these things from you even if she acts like she does. You may get some dates, you may get laid, you may even get married by being a boy.....but bet your ass that your woman will dream of a man (which is not you).

Item 5: Women, contrary to ARFcom legend, do not want sex that often...especially once the relationship cools off (normalizes). If they do crave the weenie all the time, they are messed up (see item #1). Women do not have testesterone pumping through their organs, and will not crave sex, at least not like you think they do. Get used to it, deal with it, and make your peace with the fact that a normal woman wants sex about 1/10th as much as you. Sadly, the sexaholic women are usually reliving some sort of childhood trauma, and sex gives them control over their neuroses about that past. See, women have sex for very different reasons than we do. They have it to feel sexy, to feel loved, to feel wanted, even to feel in charge....but they don't have that physical drive like us. We, by contrast, have sex to purge the evil venom from our balls, and that's about the extent of it.

Item 6: There is nothing a woman can sniff out like desperation. If you have even one tiny cell of creepy in you, she'll smell it all over you like a possum carcus in the sun. One of the lessons of adulthood is FUCKING RELAX. Do it, for all our sakes. Don't chase women, for there is no need. Be a man, be yourself, have a good time and get your life in order, and the women will forever come to you. Believe this fellas.....nothing could be truer. If young swingset would have only known this.... but that's another story and it involves copious masturbation and alot of Boone's Farm.

Item 7: Women, contrary to another urban legend, are shitbags too. They will have you convinced, if you talk to them enough, that they are the masters of reason and emotion. Bullshit, fellas. They are contriving, maniacal masters of chaos and work feverishly against their own happiness sometimes. Nothing will disturb a woman so deeply to her core as true contentment. Some women shudder at the thought of a placid, pleasing life. It's a very rare thing, a woman at peace and comfortable with herself....so when you find one, say "I do" and keep her away from other women. Wanna see proof of this? Work along side alot of women. When one finds happiness, the others go about dismantling hers with ant-like industry. Nothing on earth is quite so destructive as women screwing with a happy one. It's a pretty safe bet that if your lady friends hang out with other girls, they will try (even unwittingly), to fuck you up. Sorry girls, you know this one is true.

Item 8: Get to know your prospective inlaws....even if you have no idea you're going to marry the girl you're banging. If you don't love them like they're your own parents, RUN. Seriously, it's that simple. Run. Look at their relationship - her mother and father's. Look at it hard, because that's you in 25 years....or some variation of it. Your woman will make sure of it, because she's hard wired to.

Item 9: A woman's beauty is her worst enemy, and her only true servant. Be very afraid of a woman who has relied, or counted on her looks to survive or succeed - for when those looks or your attention to them wanes, she will self-destruct before your eyes. You will come home to find her gone, or on top of your best friend. Again, not to drive a point too fine, but stay away from the 10's. A stripper model does not live to enjoy a 50 year wedding anniversary, and she will not change your diapers when you're old. Believe it or not, that stuff really matters. You, like women, are driven by your nature. If you're always attracted to the worst kind of women, it's not their fault bucko. It's yours....so fight your impulses and go with what's smart not what "feels good".

Item 10: Lastly, I leave you with this. It's a difficult lesson to be a man. It's a painful, self-sacrificing labor and part of the human condition to be a man. You must accept that much of your life and your ties to women rely on your honor and your good nature. Sadly, most of us choose our mates based on nothing more than a tiny dab of sexual experience and a lot of ignorance about human nature. The women you meet, fall in love with, screw, and hurt, are all human beings with complex pasts, desires and dreams. Treat each woman, no matter who she is, as if she is your best friend's girl. Give her respect, even if you don't choose to engage her in a meaningful way. Understand that she is a daughter, a sister and someone's baby and if she's not good enough to be kind to, then leave her alone. Your dealings with the chicks will come back to haunt you, and each shitty act will be revisited on you, or your children, or your future women. Trust me here...it really happens. Be a good man, a smart man and an observant man, and women will not be a source of pain in your life. Take my word on it.

PS, I know this will make its way to the ladies forum....because I've divulged trade secrets. And, I predict much of it will be hotly debated by the womenz of ARFcom, whom I love and respect. However, let none of that diminish my wisdom....if they don't acknowledge my genius, then it just proves Item #1. Sorry gals.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:28:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Item 2: Women are 95% a product of the relationship (or lack thereof) between they and their fathers. Men are made by their mothers, women by their dads. If daddy beat them, left them, or otherwise was a shitbag, you had better believe they will not have healthy impulses and chaos will follow them throughout their days. This is an absolute, so trust me when I say, if they don't have a healthy relationship with pops, they're not having one with you either, so fucking run. Yes, they're going to be fun in the sackeroo, but trust me....run. That other 5% of their nature comes from lucky genetics, but you're not turning that into anything by yourself. You ain't fixing a broken girl, so just run.

+ infinity
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:35:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+ infinity

Ha, pretty much.  Dovetails with this:

Item 5: Women, contrary to ARFcom legend, do not want sex that often...especially once the relationship cools off (normalizes). If they do crave the weenie all the time, they are messed up (see item #1). Women do not have testesterone pumping through their organs, and will not crave sex, at least not like you think they do. Get used to it, deal with it, and make your peace with the fact that a normal woman wants sex about 1/10th as much as you. Sadly, the sexaholic women are usually reliving some sort of childhood trauma, and sex gives them control over their neuroses about that past.

I loved my nympho girlfriend because she was always up for sex at the drop of a hat.  Problem was, she was like that for any man, and yes, she had SERIOUS issues with her parents.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:38:12 AM EDT
[#3]
what's intresting is that some TV shows have some of this same information.

but I'm keepint a copy for my records.  It's in plain and simple language.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:39:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I loved my nympho girlfriend because she was always up for sex at the drop of a hat.  Problem was, she was like that for any man, and yes, she had SERIOUS issues with her parents.

Yup, because sex wasn't fulfillment or drive....it was "daddy love me" complex. And, that demand that isn't about to be satisfied by one man, or by sex, or by a healthy relationship. It's a destructive impulse to grapple with the loss of control she felt as a child, so she relives the trauma as an adult.

Sadly, this is one of the most misunderstood and exploited things on the planet, for obvious reasons. Seems counterintuitive, don't it?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:40:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Some of the things I've given up trying to understand:

Rubics Cube
Liberals
Women
Liberal women
Why anyone in their right mind would board a NASA vehicle
William Faulkner (I may give it another go)
Why my dog will watch a chipmunk on the patio but go ballistic over squirrels

Some things are just meant to be accepted
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:43:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Number 6 is most definately true in my experience. Ever since the day I quit chasing womenz, they have been flocking to me like seagulls.

Quoted:
We, by contrast, have sex to purge the evil venom from our balls, and that's about the extent of it.

Thats funny, I don't care who you are.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:44:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Rubics Cube
Liberals
Women
Liberal women
Why anyone in their right mind would board a NASA vehicle
William Faulkner (I may give it another go)
Why my dog will watch a chipmunk on the patio but go ballistic over squirrel

Some things are just meant to be accepted

lol

And tag for the show.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:45:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Good post.

Now how about a primer for old men who still have no clue on how to deal with women?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:50:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Rubics Cube It's a system, simple pattern....but the numbers of movements confuses you. Once someone shows you the pattern, that's all you'll see.
Liberals Retards
Women You'll get it, works pretty much like the cube.
Liberal women Retards
Why anyone in their right mind would board a NASA vehicle Chicks dig astronauts
William Faulkner (I may give it another go) No help here, he's weird
Why my dog will watch a chipmunk on the patio but go ballistic over squirrels Dogs, like liberal women, are retarded. Sad but true.

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:52:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Good post.

Now how about a primer for old men who still have no clue on how to deal with women?

Working on that. I'm peddling very hard towards my advancing years....and I'm sure womenz will throw me a new curve once the ovaries dry up.

Looking so forward to endless periods of sexless days spent doddering around the house.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 2:31:30 AM EDT
[#11]
the only things you need to know are women are evil, they lie and nice guys never get laid
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 2:44:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Looking so forward to endless periods of sexless days spent doddering around the house.

That's our revenge.  Have you ever heard the Bill Cosby stuff about his father wandering around the basement working on "projects".  His mother would send him "to get his father before he blows the house up."  But it's all a cover, to avoid the wife and her looney ideas.

You can see the pattern already begining here on ARFCOM. Just hang out in the "Build it yourself" forum.

ETA: Good post. I see a lot of my ex-wife and current girlfriend in the logic of your posts.  My ex has issues with he dad.  Current girlfriend does not.  But the current does listen to her "friends" which tends to stir the pot shall we say.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 2:44:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
the only things you need to know are women are evil, they lie and nice guys never get laid

You didn't read my post, chief. You're choosing crappy women, and in the end the problem is you.

Nice guys do get laid, btw. A woman wants nice, but she doesn't want a door mat. Respect them, but NEVER kiss their ass. They want a man who is in charge, not necessarily one who bangs their best friend and spends the rent on coke.

<I'm referring to normal women, btw, not the ones you shacked up with>
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 2:47:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Excellent post.

Point taken.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:16:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Excellent insight and very true. I might add one thing. If you are the fun guy that all the women feel safe around (not chased) you will rarely get laid. Women enjoy a bit of sexual tension even with their male freinds.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:18:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You didn't read my post, chief. You're choosing crappy women, and in the end the problem is you.

Nice guys do get laid, btw. A woman wants nice, but she doesn't want a door mat. Respect them, but NEVER kiss their ass. They want a man who is in charge, not necessarily one who bangs their best friend and spends the rent on coke.

<I'm referring to normal women, btw, not the ones you shacked up with>

I was j/k, actualy your post was 100% from what I've seen, and yes I do choose crappy women
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:38:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Spoken like someone who knows and really gets it.  Any guy that has a question about women needs to memorize what was written.

I have something to add which was a major sticking point for me.  It goes along with #3.  Women will test you constantly to see if you are really in charge.  They will beg, whine, cry, ask you no win questions, flake out on dates, ask for your number instead of giving theirs...all things are done to see how in charge you really are or if they are in charge of you.  We all see guys and there are probably a lot of them here who's woman barks a command and they jump to it, not because they want to but because it is easier than dealing with her.  At some point they failed the "in charge" test.  But remember this "The only power a woman or someone else has over you IS THE POWER YOU GIVE THEM!"  If a woman is bossing you around it's because you showed weakness somewhere and she took advantage of it.  To make things worse when this happend you let her get away with being in charge of your life and from that point on she will always be in charge of your life. So be a man, be in charge, and don't ever give up control of your own self...no matter how good the pie might be.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:48:51 AM EDT
[#18]
For further reading. Some articles from John Ross author of U.C. Women 101 And  a follow up article

If you want a good book that gives you more of a format to follow Manual
Most of the advice above is in this book. I got it in the bargin bin for a few bucks and it is a good read.

Here is some more baisc advice.

1. Don't kiss her ass. She will NOT be able to respect you. You must be a complete person on your own. You want to include her in your life not center your life around her.
2. Have male friends. Your GF is not a buddy. You need to hang out with guys and do guy things. Don't be a pussy staying around the house fawning onher all day.
3. The reason "nice guys" don't get chicks. You think of yourself as NICE and do not realize when you hurt other people. You hurt others without realizing it, and many chicks have been hurt worse by "nice guys". They tend not to take responsibility for hurting chicks because they don't realize when they do it.

S.N.A.G. Sensitive New Age Guy. Usually raised by a woman with no positive male role models. Most chicks are not attracted to suck because they are not the "Alpha" type. See item 3 & 4 from above.
4. Being your self. This is not an excuse to do what ever you want. You have to adopt certain behaviors for certain situations. You emphisize certain aspects of your personality for certain ocasions. See 3 & 4 above. You DON"T become some one else you just emphisize your more manly characteristics.
5. Decide what you want. Short term relationship or Long term. Nothing is wrong with either. You don't have to be as picky with the short term girls. NEVER LIE about what you are after. If you are looking for short term DO NOT TELL HER you are looking for a LTR. This is cruel and dishonest. Many women are NOT looking for a LTR for what ever reason. Break it off after a month max 3 for a STR. Some STR can become LTR. Don't invest much time in a girl who is not good LTR material. You can not fix her or change her.
6. Shop for gods sake. You will get experience by dating different women and many guys are just as afraid of change as women. They stay in a crapy relationship because it is convenient. If it is not working move on. Don't buy a car without test driving a few. And no I am not just talking about sex but relationships on the whole.

7. If you are looking for an LTR you should have your shit together. Be a complete person. Fix areas of your life that are lacking. If you are in love with life and your life (not talking about being a self centered prick) but enjoy your life then a good woman makes a fine compliment.

8. Get your meaning from your LIFE not from Women! See 7 above. This will help you in Item 3 and Item 4 of the original article.

+1 to the original post good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:07:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:18:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Excellent advice.

As far as the subject of women & relationships goes, this post should be in the ARFCOM Hall-O-Fame.

Swingset, nice work.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:24:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Sex is over-rated.

Pork chops, sweet corn and watermelon; those are the important things.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:27:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Spoken like someone who knows and really gets it.  Any guy that has a question about women needs to memorize what was written.

I have something to add which was a major sticking point for me.  It goes along with #3.  Women will test you constantly to see if you are really in charge.  They will beg, whine, cry, ask you no win questions, flake out on dates, ask for your number instead of giving theirs...all things are done to see how in charge you really are or if they are in charge of you.  We all see guys and there are probably a lot of them here who's woman barks a command and they jump to it, not because they want to but because it is easier than dealing with her.  At some point they failed the "in charge" test.  But remember this "The only power a woman or someone else has over you IS THE POWER YOU GIVE THEM!"  If a woman is bossing you around it's because you showed weakness somewhere and she took advantage of it.  To make things worse when this happend you let her get away with being in charge of your life and from that point on she will always be in charge of your life. So be a man, be in charge, and don't ever give up control of your own self...no matter how good the pie might be.

This is a vital part of swingset's treatise, that was left out. (error of omission, I'm sure, as he covered the bases fairly thoroughly)
My wife used to do that from time to time when I would piss her off.
She would threaten to leave.  
After a time or two, I told her the next time you threaten to leave, I'm walking out and never coming back, so the next time you say that, you'd better mean it.
She has never said it since.
That was many years ago.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:28:31 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Posted :: 7/27/2005 5:20:47 AM EDT

busy night at the shop?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:35:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Man, I have been around the block a few times in my life.

This is damn near dead on balls accurate.

Youngin's take this mans lessons to heart.

There are some good woman out there, many on this site.  

Make sure you are a man, and that includes, shooting straight, and speaking the truth.

Again, good info above, take it to heart, if you are not having a good time with the ladies.

TXL
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:36:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Yup...as someone who didn't "get it" at first, but learned later in life, I think Swingset nailed it on the head.  Which is why it bugs me to hear men complain about, "Women this" or "Women that" if you follow Swingset's common sense guidelines, you won't have to whine and cry like that.

Item 5 I am just not so sure about.  I'd say it depends on the woman if she wants sex all the time.  But for everything else, I have no objections.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#26]
tag.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:48:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Alot of truth in those words , good job man
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:51:09 AM EDT
[#28]
I think this is important enough to print and post on the company bulletin board
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:54:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:54:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Preach it brother man.

Item 7: Women, contrary to another urban legend, are shitbags too. They will have you convinced, if you talk to them enough, that they are the masters of reason and emotion. Bullshit, fellas. They are contriving, maniacal masters of chaos and work feverishly against their own happiness sometimes. Nothing will disturb a woman so deeply to her core as true contentment. Some women shudder at the thought of a placid, pleasing life. It's a very rare thing, a woman at peace and comfortable with herself....so when you find one, say "I do" and keep her away from other women. Wanna see proof of this? Work along side alot of women. When one finds happiness, the others go about dismantling hers with ant-like industry. Nothing on earth is quite so destructive as women screwing with a happy one. It's a pretty safe bet that if your lady friends hang out with other girls, they will try (even unwittingly), to fuck you up. Sorry girls, you know this one is true.

I had to work on this with the GF.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:59:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Great post Swingset.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:59:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Preach it brother man.

I had to work on this with the GF.

I had to divorce one over it.  This one is frightening in it's accuracy.
Perfectly happy til she started a new job in an office with a bunch of man haters.
8 months later, we were a trainwreck.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#33]
tag to read later
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:01:00 AM EDT
[#34]
GREAT POST - five stars for mr. swingset

it's taken me nearly 20 years to learn  some of this stuff - it could have saved me a lot of a lot of grief...
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:06:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Recipe for Happiness:

Lots of guns
Lots of ammo
Good places to shoot
More guns
More ammo
Good food
Some peace and quiet at home
Obedient dog as a pet
Fast car

That's all you really need.

Good post swingset!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Recipe for Happiness:

Lots of guns
Lots of ammo
Good places to shoot
More guns
More ammo
Good food
Some peace and quiet at home
Obedient dog as a pet
Fast car

That's all you really need.

Yep. If a woman comes along and doesn't interfere with any of that, then consider yourself lucky. If she comes along and is jealous of what you have, then run like hell. I know this because the last one would get pissed if washed my car of all things. I mean it wasn't like I was babytalking the damn thing or saying I love you to it, just washing it. The dumbass would pitch a fit and start pouting over stupid stuff like that. Luckily she hit the road about 10 months ago and I'm glad to say I've been single ever since.

BTW, Swingset you are the man. Listen to him fellas because he writes the truth.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:25:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

This says it all!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:27:33 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Item 2: Women are 95% a product of the relationship (or lack thereof) between they and their fathers. Men are made by their mothers, women by their dads. If daddy beat them, left them, or otherwise was a shitbag, you had better believe they will not have healthy impulses and chaos will follow them throughout their days. This is an absolute, so trust me when I say, if they don't have a healthy relationship with pops, they're not having one with you either, so fucking run. Yes, they're going to be fun in the sackeroo, but trust me....run. That other 5% of their nature comes from lucky genetics, but you're not turning that into anything by yourself. You ain't fixing a broken girl, so just run and buy more guns and ammo with the money you saved.

This says it all!!!

There, I fixed it a little.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:32:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Great post...hell, I'm 25 and I just recently figured this stuff out...I feel a little behind the curve, but it's working great so far

BTW, that John Ross article is great! Words to live by...
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:38:25 AM EDT
[#40]
we need a library of arfcom wisdom for threads like this

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:38:47 AM EDT
[#41]
gat
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:42:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Tag
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:47:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Yes,yes,f**cking yes!Now being married,older,and a little wiser,I have seen or experienced all these,so young bucks take notes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:48:51 AM EDT
[#44]
<cough> I actually agree with much SwingSet says.  Especially #10.  However I think its important to point out that Just like women, men are not perfect and if you expect perfection from a woman [i.e. no childhood baggage etc] then it would only be fair to assume you had none as well.

Carry on,  Patty
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Very good post.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Hammer. Head. Nail.

Very insightful, and quite funny to boot! This is one of the best posts I've read in a long time. I'm buying you a beer if I ever head south your way.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Between this and the waterpark post, I hereby nominate swingset for poster of the year!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:11:16 AM EDT
[#48]
hmmm...I'm thinking that's gotta be one hell of a space on the inside thigh to have all that tattooed there...and if that's the case...first piece of advice should be "SLIMFAST."

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:14:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
<cough> I actually agree with much SwingSet says.  Especially #10.  However I think its important to point out that Just like women, men are not perfect and if you expect perfection from a woman [i.e. no childhood baggage etc] then it would only be fair to assume you had none as well.

Carry on,  Patty

Hell, we're not talking about perfection but stability and an apprecition for a normal relationship and life. It's unfortunate that many women have such a low opinion of themselves and men in general that they do their best to sabatoge all the good relationships while putting the most effort into men that are pretty much bums. And when a woman does find a good man, her female friends will do whatever it takes to discourage that relationship due to their own prior bad judgement and mistakes and because they are down right jealous. See item #7.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:18:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Surprisingly, Swingset, I agree with alot of this.  Not all, but alot.

But then, I'm also in my <cough> mid 30's <cough>, so I'm older than your targeted audience, and I'm glad to say, more experienced.  But I do feel the need to refute some of your theories.

Item 1.  It's true, women are clueless, about their own relationships.  We can see crystal clear through other guys and our friend's issues, however.  Why is it that we can't see our own relationship problems until it's too late?  The world may never know.  But I'll tell you this.  We know that our true friends see what's wrong with our relationship when we don't.  And we WILL listen to our girlfriends most of the time.   And contrary to Item 7, it's not a jealousy thing, or a "shitbag" thing on the women's part.  It's because we truly care about our friends, and don't want to see them hurt.

Item 2.  I don't know about this. I have a healthy relationship with my father.  Neither daddy's little princess, or abused. Healthy.  Ya got me.  

Item 3.  This is dead on.

Item 4.  Dead on also.

Item 5.  No frekkin way.  This has been refuted time and time again in thread after thread.  I'm tired of saying what I've said over and over again.  Women are just as much sexual beings as you men are.  We have different ways of going about it, but we get just as horny and want sex just as much as men do.  There's a problem with the relationship if there's no sex there. It's not the woman's problem, it's a problem with both of you, and with the relationship.  

Item 6.  Yup.

Item 7.  I don't see this.  I have girlfriends that are single.  They don't contrive to ruin my relationships because they're jealous of me, or that I'm happy.  They're happy for me.  If I ask opinions about situations, they're honest with me about how they see things from the outside.  But if I don't ask, they don't offer.  If a guy "fucks up" it's HIS FAULT.  Not her friends' fault who bring it to light for her.

Item 8.  Yup.

Item 9.  Don't translate this into "good looking girls will fuck you over at every turn".  Not true.  You just have to look deeper than the surface of a pretty girl and see what she's like underneath.  Some of us pretty girls are keepers.

Item 10.  Definitely.  And alot of the guys on this board can learn alot from this one paragraph.

Thanks.  Interesting reading.  I really appreciate it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top