BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Um, he posted a similar thread earlier in Team and--believe it or not--another member got home from work, read the thread, checked--and found a lump.  He will be going to the Doctor tomorrow.

Fondle 'em, boys.  Early detection has 99% survival.  Not catching it is not good.  

I had several IMs also where people checked after reading the thread. There are several people going to the doctor either today or monday.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 6:51:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here's a pretty cool link posted by one of the Team members in the other thread:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT PSA

But she bites my testicle!
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#3]

tag
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 7:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you get your nut back if it's not cancer? That concerns me that they popped it out without knowing...

thinking the same thing
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here's a pretty cool link posted by one of the Team members in the other thread:

But she bites my testicle!

LOL!

Thank link was pretty cool until she took a bite out of the plum.  Ow!  Bitch!
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Long story short I found a lump in one of my testicles 2 weeks ago. Had the testi removed yesterday. ALL YOU GUYS NEED TO CHECK YOURSELF OUT ASAP!!!! And check regularly from now on. I think they recommend once a month or so. There was no pain involved, just a BB sized lump. Won't know if it was cancer until probably tomorrow. Believe me it is worth catching early, something like 95% survivability if caught early on.

1nutkooter

Yes.  Mine was a bit more advanced but nothing on patho of lymphatic nodes.  In the clear for 3+ years now.

Do they have you scheduled for chemo?  Or is that awating outcome on the pathology?  I wish you the best...

Still waiting for some test results tomorrow. I have a CAT scan scheduled for early next week to make sure it hasn't spread.

Bringing back bad memories...chemo wasn't that bad, its just I couldn't sleep but was always tired.  Do you have some vacation?  I quit my job in disgust but only because the insurance settlement from the crash was better than expected.

...went through the same last August.

i had the honor of getting the worst of the non-seminomal type, and it was pretty well progressed.

anyhow, had the surgery, and i'm still here. but if anyone told me before-hand how much monthly CT scans, X-Rays, and blood tests would have cost me i probably would have refused treatment alltogether.

as it is i opted out of chemo. i was by my doctor that i could either take it now (right after surgery) or wait and take it only if it comes back. because of the factors involved with the chemo i would have to take (because of the type and nature of the cancer i had) i have a very real chance of worse damage as a result of the chemo.

i'm glad some of you guys have had good results, but i honestly don't think it was worth it for me. i could have let the cancer go and spent my remaining months squandering my money, making and shooting my own MG's without fear of spending 20 years in prison, partying, and just generally having as much fun as possible. now i'm swamped with bills i can't even begin to count, my credit is shot because i'm in collections for $XX,XXX.XX, i had to sell most of my guns to finance what i could, and i'm a physical and emotional train-wreck.

sorry, but i'm a bitter mother-fu*ker now...

Link Posted: 6/24/2005 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a lump I found once, was scared as fuck... but I made the appointment and went ahead.  Turns out to be nothing buy a cyst... Ive never felt more relieved in my life.  Definatly worth it to play with yourself in the name of general health.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I honestly think this thread needs a tack for a week or so.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#9]

...oh, and p.s.:

someone asked about age earlier. i was told that testicular cancer is very rare, but if you are goign to get cancer and you are between 18-30ish, it's going to be testicular.

it was about a month before my 26th b-day i got diagnosed.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for reminding everyone to check. Hope it's nothing to worry about. They took your nut out without knowing weather or not it was cancer???
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I honestly think this thread needs a tack for a week or so.

Yup tack this one.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Check em boys, for real. I am just completing my Chemotherapy for Seminoma had to bid Righty a farewell Surgery was on 25 Apr, Started Chemo on 2 May, Lost my hair. It is tough I have a Tumor in the Retroperitaneal area of my back... Lymph nodes. THe first indicator I had was severe back pain never found a lump in a nut... Due to the location and proximity to my kidney they could not do radiation so we started with BEP Chemo... I have felt better but I am doing OK... Good Luck in your treatment! This is Curable in 1969 it was considered Fatal! now it is considered almost 100% curable! 98% is the highest they will say but it is approaching mirical levels...

Link Posted: 6/24/2005 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Most of these guys probably check several times a day.

BTW, what if was just a zit?

Zits usually hurt and are on the skin.  Testicular cancer is painless at first.  When it starts to hurt, prognosis is grim.  When the patient has mets on the lungs and brain, survival is normally hopeless. But Lance beat it even with mets in lungs, liver and brain.

Look into the Lance Armstrong Foundation for help.  It was a big help in my case.

Not true, my friend, not...true...

Cripes, is this an ARFCOM epidemic? Oh well, here goes. In for a penny...

Diagnosed January 1993. Testicular nonseminoma, including embryonic cell carcinoma, chloriocarcinoma, among others. 3rd stage metastasis.  Masses in both lungs. Initial alfa-feto protien count was 415. Initial beta-HCG count was 975. (for those of you who are not survivors, those numbers are supposed to be between 0 and 5 in a healthy man who is not pregnant).

Treated at Indiana University medical center. Lance Armstrong and I have some mutual friends there, including Dr Larry Einhorn, who is the smartest man on the planet. If you read Lances' book, you will see a picture of his chemo nurse, Latrice Haney. I've got one of her hugging a hairless Me on my hospital bed. Reading that book was like reliving the 9 worst months of my life, except that dude was WAY worse off than I was.

Hey Keith J, cisplatin, bleomycin, VP16, any of these ring a bell? Nasty shit, but in all honesty, chemo is not the terrible experience it once was. I was in the clinical trials for an antiemetic drug called Zofran, and also took dexamethisone. Never puked once, had the lymph nodes removed surgically, that was the worst part of the whole experience.

My point is, even with stage 3 metastasis, the docs gave me an 85% chance of recovery, and hell, this was 12 years ago. It's all in the past now.

It is curable.
It is curable.
Early detection.
Early detection.
Early detection.(besides, it's a legit excuse to fondle your nuts)

Dudes, if you feel something hard on the suface of one of your nads, DO NOT FUCK AROUND. GET TO A DOCTOR. YESTERDAY. Regret is too expensive. It could cost everything you have to give.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Long story short I found a lump in one of my testicles 2 weeks ago. Had the testi removed yesterday. ALL YOU GUYS NEED TO CHECK YOURSELF OUT ASAP!!!! And check regularly from now on. I think they recommend once a month or so. There was no pain involved, just a BB sized lump. Won't know if it was cancer until probably tomorrow. Believe me it is worth catching early, something like 95% survivability if caught early on.

1nutkooter

I'm a 5 year surviver.  Stage 2.

Good luck I'm with you brother.

IM me for my Phone number if you want it.
ETA: the chemo called "Beliomiyson(SP?) kicked my ass big time.  the other stuff just made me weak tired and Nauseous.  I lost like 50lbs.

Fun times!

11 year survivor here.  Had it at 23. Advanced stage 2.   Left testicle removed, months of chemo, more surgery to remove lymph nodes.

Conceived two boys since then (one 8yo, one due Sept).  No loss of sex drive either.

Bad news is the Bleomycin can cause longterm lung damage.  I'm 34 and that's catching up with me.    Lots of shortness of breath.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Checked myself today, everything is A-OK.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention Kooter.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Good luck bro.  One of my poker buddies had an incident just last year in his 30s that had one removed.  Ironically, it was discovered during a vasectomy reversal procedure.

Don't be embarassed about having your nuts checked.  Nothing can be more embarassing than an thrombose external hemrhoid procedure...I've had 2 at age 35.   That's enough to make you lose your dignity forever in the doctor's office.  I really feel sorry for women when it comes to their annual checks and childbirth humiliation episodes.
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Holy Shite! I'm 24! I thought this was for old guys! Good luck dude.

It's the most common form of cancer for men aged 18-30.  It generally does not occur in men older than 30.  It's by far a young man's disease.  That said, it is a very treatable cancer with a very high survival rate.  As you can see from the numerous responses, it is more common than many think.  I had a scare when I was 24, but the results were thankfully negative.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zits usually hurt and are on the skin.  Testicular cancer is painless at first.  When it starts to hurt, prognosis is grim.  When the patient has mets on the lungs and brain, survival is normally hopeless.  But Lance beat it even with mets in lungs, liver and brain.

Look into the Lance Armstrong Foundation for help.  It was a big help in my case.

Diagnosed January 1993. Testicular nonseminoma, including embryonic cell carcinoma, chloriocarcinoma, among others. 3rd stage metastasis.  Masses in both lungs. Initial alfa-feto protien count was 415. Initial beta-HCG count was 975. (for those of you who are not survivors, those numbers are supposed to be between 0 and 5 in a healthy man who is not pregnant).

Treated at Indiana University medical center. Lance Armstrong and I have some mutual friends there, including Dr Larry Einhorn, who is the smartest man on the planet. If you read Lances' book, you will see a picture of his chemo nurse, Latrice Haney. I've got one of her hugging a hairless Me on my hospital bed. Reading that book was like reliving the 9 worst months of my life, except that dude was WAY worse off than I was.

Hey Keith J, cisplatin, bleomycin, VP16, any of these ring a bell? Nasty shit, but in all honesty, chemo is not the terrible experience it once was. I was in the clinical trials for an antiemetic drug called Zofran, and also took dexamethisone. Never puked once, had the lymph nodes removed surgically, that was the worst part of the whole experience.

My point is, even with stage 3 metastasis, the docs gave me an 85% chance of recovery, and hell, this was 12 years ago. It's all in the past now.

It is curable.
It is curable.
Early detection.
Early detection.

Dudes, if you feel something hard on the suface of one of your nads, DO NOT FUCK AROUND. GET TO A DOCTOR. YESTERDAY. Regret is too expensive. It could cost everything you have to give.

Same cocktail I had.  The Bleo kicked my ass, more than the other stuff.  I would be sweating really hot, then I would be freezing a few minutes later.

Did food have a metallic taste to it?

FOr all you guys going through this hang in there life will be better.
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#19]
cool
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Almost done with mine had a CT scan on Tuesday and Monday should be kmy last dose of Bleo....
Can't wait! I hav ehad a better experience through Chemo than a lot of folk I have heard of.. Never Puked or had any of the BAD side effects, I have just had Fatigue and Hair loss... Could have been way worse!
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I get regular oral sex so I'll ask her if anything feels or tasts different.

Lebrew
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Almost done with mine had a CT scan on Tuesday and Monday should be kmy last dose of Bleo....
Can't wait! I hav ehad a better experience through Chemo than a lot of folk I have heard of.. Never Puked or had any of the BAD side effects, I have just had Fatigue and Hair loss... Could have been way worse!

Yup it hits everyone  a bit differnt...

God Speed!
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zits usually hurt and are on the skin.  Testicular cancer is painless at first.  When it starts to hurt, prognosis is grim.  When the patient has mets on the lungs and brain, survival is normally hopeless.  But Lance beat it even with mets in lungs, liver and brain.

It is curable.
It is curable.
Early detection.
Early detection.

Same cocktail I had.  The Bleo kicked my ass, more than the other stuff.  I would be sweating really hot, then I would be freezing a few minutes later.

Did food have a metallic taste to it?

FOr all you guys going through this hang in there life will be better.

You men are some mutherf*ckin HEROS in my eyes. My dad, mom, aunt, uncle, grandfather, and grandmother are all living at piece with our Lord and Savior after horrible, pernicious, slow agonizing deaths from Our Good Friend Cancer. i cannot tell you how much respect I have for you men to have survived. It gives me hope for the coming battle I am certain I will face.

Thank you. Bless you!

P.S. My hands were all over my nuts reading this thread (more so during the video. I guess I'm kosher.
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 11:16:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

sorry, but i'm a bitter mother-fu*ker now...

Yeah, but you're a LIVING bitter mother-fu*cker.  There's probably a whole lot of people who didn't make it who would trade you straight up.

I hope things get better for you.  

Jim
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 12:11:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How old are you Kooter?

just turned 28 last week

Holly shit!  I turned 28 today.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

She needs a good punch in the face.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

1nutkooter

<Add BOTD warning.  --tbk1>

Palmella Handerson checks me for cancer on a daily basis, so no worries there.
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Well an Update on my story... I just got back from Chemotherapy, Talked to my Doctor he sent the CT to Doctor Einhorn and IU and they are recommending a 4th cycle of Chemotherapy followed by a PET scan to verify progress apparently the Chemo has not worked as fast as they would have liked so they get to beat me up for another three Weeks! At least it IS working!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top