Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 1:43:21 PM EDT
"The Little Black Book - Queer in the 21st Century"

Is this the future?  This booklet was distributed to hundreds of kids (middle school age and up) at Brookline High School, Brookline, MA, on April 30, 2005. It was written by the Boston-based AIDS Action Committee, with help with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Boston Public Health Commission.

The event that day was designed for children and their teachers across Massachusetts, organized by the "Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network" (GLSEN).  This is the group that runs "Gay-Straight Alliance" clubs in public schools across the country. You must ask yourself: What kind of person would write this? What kind of person would give it to kids? Where is this movement headed?

WTF?

www.article8.org/docs/news_events/glsen_043005/black_book/black_book_inside.htm
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#1]
since when has AIDS-action/awareness turned into gay-acceptance?

doesn't make sense...

ETA: holy shit, they distributed this to kids?
"How Safe Is Dat?

Fuckin'

Suckin'

Spit or Swallow?

Rimming (Lickin' Butt)

Watersports (Piss Play)

Fisting

Toys

Mutual Jerkin' Off"

Then goes on to list clubs for gays to go/hook up...

WTF?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
WTF?

IBT_M (In Before The_Macallan)

I just re-read it..... WTF?

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no way in fuck this shit should be in public schools
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy Crap!  Is this for real?  How can they get away giving something like this to kids?  In case you didn't follow the link and look at what the book contains here are some activies it describes as "hot fun":  fuckin, suckin, spit or swallow, rimming, fisting, piss play, toys, mutal jerk off.  Not to mention the graphic picture of a guy putting on a condom (which will probably get the thread locked).  This book isn't designed as AIDs awareness it's designed to put ideas in the heads of straight kids to get them to experiment after all having another guy jerk you off is a "hot and safer way to have fun".
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate my state more and more every day.  I think a kids father got introuble for taking his kid out of one of these classes.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm calling...
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#7]

That is unbelievable.

AND if you click the link to "home" on that Article8 web page, you can read a blurb about it -- now the Gay community is denying that the book was handed out.

And the school principal is stonewalling as well.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#8]
You have to put a more catchy title... People has to read this.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't see why they needed to present it in that way. I understand that if kids are going to be having sex, they should be educated how to do it safely but this book goes too far. They dont need to say fucking and sucking, they could have said, "anal and oral sex." They dont need to show pictures of nudity, they could have used a drawing. Most importantly they definitely don't need to be giving kids info on all kinds of adult clubs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Where are we going? and why are we in this handbasket?
-some ARFCOMMER's sig
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Two words.

Sodom, Gomorrah

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Guys, I wouldn't be calling BS so soon, this isn't anything new.

GLSEN is a bunch of assclowns. (no pun intended).  For years, they've been doing crap like giving materials about homosexuality to kids as young as 2nd grade -- with the help of radical leftist school teachers, of course.   Talking about it in sex ed in, say, high school is one thing, but doing it to elementary students, often without the knowledge of the parents, is fucked up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Totally. Fucking. Inappropriate.

Simple. As. That.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Simple. As. That.

Big. Fucking. +1. That is pretty tasteless to say the least. Someone will lose their job over it though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#15]

I'm all for teaching kids the truth about the world they live in but NOT like that!  

If this really did go out to kids in a public school then the responsible party(s) need to be very publicly kicked to the curb for a complete breakdown in what passes for any semblance of common sense.

What fucking morons!  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I've said it before, I'll say it again: they want your children.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife, a school teacher, just read the material thatwas posted and she couldn't believe what she saw.  Her exact quote was, "If my son brings that book home, there's a principal somewhere that is going to have something shoved up their butt."  I love that woman.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Look at it this way - what w/ the lack of emphasis on basic functional skill sets (reading, math, science) in the public schools, & the ever-rising stupidity index of U.S. public school mushheads, eventually, they won't be able to read it.

But, I digress.  This is self-hating MASS - what'd you expect?  They bitch & moan about their situation, & yet keep voting the same criminals back into office.  Some people are beyond reason, hope, sanity...
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#19]
For what its worth, I contacted my elected officials and ask them to do SOMETHING about this garbage. If it is BS, then it will come out sooner or later, but I've heard about this kind of stuff for a while now. My God how I wish that it was a bunch of made up BS, but I've seen this before.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Simple. As. That.

Big. Fucking. +1. That is pretty tasteless to say the least. Someone will lose their job over it though.

Someone doesn't just need to lose their job - someone needs to lose the capability to work as a teacher in the rest of the country.

Put them on the sex offender list or something.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Simple. As. That.

Someone doesn't just need to lose their job - someone needs to lose the capability to work as a teacher in the rest of the country.

Put them on the sex offender list or something.

+1

that made me sick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top