Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/16/2005 4:57:28 PM EDT
I am watching this show Nanny 911...

I normally don't watch this shit but I am waiting for 24 to come on...

There is a 10 year old who is kicking and punching her mom.

Her mom keeps saying:

"I am very angry with you"
"I am angry with you touching with me"
*Mom starts crying*
"I need some alone time"

They are trying to reason with her.

To feeeeeel and to understaaaaand her...

Reason with a Goddamn belt!

I am all against child abuse but some kids need to get Knocked the FUCK OUT!!!

I remember the days when they kept paddles at the principals office...

It would be a show of strength.

It may have never been used but you knew that you would get a Serious asswhoppin' if you fucked up.

Everything is so PC now...

When a kid throws a fit in school these days, they put her in handcuffs...  

No wonder kids are all fucked up!

WHIP YOUR CHILDREN!!!
To a logical extent. Use your head!

I'm done...

Poll coming soon.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Amen, my Mom would have kicked my ass for even sassing.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Even when they NEED it they cant whip kids on TV!  The nanny show woulden't survive if they advocated it. The howls of indignation would abound from the blue states.

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Beat your fucking kids.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know about beating a kid, but sometimes a kid needs a good spanking. I personally don't spank my kids cause the few times I have they turned around and giggled at me. . 2 year olds. sigh.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have any kids, but I was raised by parents that had no problem with whipping my ass when necessary. I don't know what happened, but it appears that authority figures mean nothing anymore, and parents have completely lost control of their kids. I see more of this pandering to kids bullshit than I care to. These people who try negotiate and reason with their kids make me sick. All it does is make them grow up thinking the world owes them something.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My mom didnt hit me. All she had to do was say the magic words -  "Wait until your father gets home".  Dad got home, and I got hit. It didnt happen often, because I knew I would get my ass beat, so I behaved.  I was watching the same show and had to leave the room.  

Yep, a show of strength...

My dad (Ex-navy-fighter pilot) would always say that when a small country talked shit, they would pull up a carrier on the coast and give them an airshow...

They stopped talking shit...

I think I heard him right so all of the keyboard commandos can wait a few days to call BS...

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#8]
My mom walked around with a wooden baking spoon in her back pocket for years. One smart comment and I got whacked.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am watching this show Nanny 911...

I normally don't watch this shit but I am waiting for 24 to come on...

There is a 10 year old who is kicking and punching her mom.

Her mom keeps saying:

"I am very angry with you"
"I am angry with you touching with me"
*Mom starts crying*
"I need some alone time"

They are trying to reason with her.

To feeeeeel and to understaaaaand her...

Reason with a Goddamn belt!

www.daishin-net.com/mode/goods/belt/images/belt-img100_22.jpg

I am all against child abuse but some kids need to get Knocked the FUCK OUT!!!

It would be a show of strength.

It may have never been used but you knew that you would get a Serious asswhoppin' if you fucked up.

Everything is so PC now...

When a kid throws a fit in school these days, they put her in handcuffs...  

No wonder kids are all fucked up!

WHIP YOUR CHILDREN!!!

I'm done...

Poll coming soon.

Your ideas interest me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#10]
The only reason I talk shit here is because I can't at home...

A note for the GA crew:

Don't be talking about that shit HK_Shooter posts in GD...
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Dont have kids, but when I do, they will be beaten.

Especially after this weekend's college graduation that I went to of my sisters.  These 2 kids 4seats down from me, would NOT SHUT UP.  For the ENTIRE 2 hours of graduation, they whooped and holler'd.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I have connections that are working on it...

Thanks!

Another hormone fueled rant about MTV...
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I got my ass whupped on a regular basis... I turned out fine...  Umm, what was I saying?  seriously, go to Wally-Satan Mart on any given Friday evening, and just listen to how some of the kids now-adays run the parents... If we would have tried that, we'd be toothless and shellshocked right now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Aren't you like 13 years old?
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have connections that are working on it...

Thanks!

Another hormone fueled rant about MTV...

Speaking of more rants...

I have some that are too racy for ARFCOM...
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I answered "Yes", but I'm fortunate -- BlammO Jr. has needed VERY few spankings in his 10 years.  When he was a wee beast, a timeout was ideal for the nature of most of his transgressions, but there were times when corporal punishment was necessary to snap him back to reality.  Those events would come down like a bolt of lightning -- no warning and no discussion -- suddenly I would have a firm grip on his upper arm as the hand o' vengeance swooped down from behind to make a lasting impression.  Boy, that sure sets things straight!

I haven't had to do it in a couple of years, but he knows that if it's ever warranted, it will come down hard and fast and there's no stopping it.  He sure is a good kid!  
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Dont have kids, but when I do, they will be beaten.

I nominate this for "quote of the day."
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#19]
 Come out to one of our T-ball games.  We have 3 kids that need a good beat down.

Little Jimmy can climb the fence, repeatedly grab a bat & swing, AFTER I take it away 34 times,  throw dirt at the other kids,  or sucker punch them from behind.  Mommy & Daddy sit in the stands & pay no attention to the actions of their r spoiled brats.

Sometimes I want to grab the little hoodlum(s)  & teach them right from wrong,  the hard way.
If the 'parents' don't control the kid we are about to have a talk (waste our time) to them.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I don't need to hit children to feel like a man and therefore would never "beat" a child.

People who use belts and objects (aka = commit violence) on children should be locked up for a long, long, long time.

ETA: If people raised their kids correctly and assume the responsibility of being a parent, this wouldn't be such an issue.

Do you have children?

Are they good children?

You have never had to spank them...

I am not in a position to say this but you are a damn good parent!
(If you answered yes, yes, no)

Please notice that I said:
WHIP YOUR CHILDREN!!!

AND:

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#22]

IMO, if you get to the point where you "need" to beat your kid to get them to do what is right - then YOU'VE been a failure as a parent, probably for many years.

I've NEVER hit my kid and never had any need to hit him either because from the time he was an infant, my wife and I worked hard to instill trust in us far more than obedience to us.

My child TRUSTS me that when I say I will do XYZ, I will DO XYZ and by us modeling this behavior for year after year, he is growing up exactly the same way. He knows what is right and wrong and - more importantly - he knows WHY right is right and wrong is wrong.

To me, spanking a kid is teaching him that hitting is an acceptable form of cohersion and control rather than what it rightfully is - a form of self-defense.

Some people may think some children are "born bad", but IMO, that type of personality is solidified in a child by inconsistent rules, hypocritical parents, poor models of mature behavior in the home and being smacked around if they don't "OBEY".

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
IMO, if you get to the point where you "need" to beat your kid to get them to do what is right - then YOU'VE been a failure as a parent, probably for many years.

I've NEVER hit my kid and never had any need to hit him either because from the time he was an infant, my wife and I worked hard to instill trust in us far more than obedience to us.

My child TRUSTS me that when I say I will do XYZ, I will DO XYZ and by us modeling this behavior for year after year, he is growing up exactly the same way. He knows what is right and wrong and - more importantly - he knows WHY right is right and wrong is wrong.

To me, spanking a kid is teaching him that hitting is an acceptable form of cohersion and control rather than what it rightfully is - a form of self-defense.

Some people may think some children are "born bad", but IMO, that type of personality is solidified in a child by inconsistent rules, hypocritical parents, poor models of mature behavior in the home and being smacked around if they don't "OBEY".

tell it, boyfriend, tell it

ETA:  i have no kids of my own

i was spanked on occasion, like defcon said, as an attention getter--and i was smacked across the face once when i was about 15, by my mom, for a smart mouth

like mac said, my parents did what they said they would do--expectations were clear and they were consistent--i RESPECTED THEM

i, too, was watching Nanny 911--that was a fine example of children who have no respect for their parents--and a parent who had no idea how to regain that respect--i see it and deal with it daily at work--it is a hard cycle to break
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#26]
My dad had this thick black leather belt...it was called "The Strap"...it kept us in line...'nuff said...
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#27]
There is a difference in spanking/discipline and beating. If you don't know the difference, then you shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

My 2₪,

wganz

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#28]
There is a HUGE difference between beating a child and spanking as a form of corporal punishment.  spank=  Oh hell yes( if they deserve it).  
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Kids need a spanking every now and then.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just thinking that...
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Hit your kid with a belt around here, particularly if you leave a mark, and you'll be talking to social services.

Aimless knows what he is talking about but I was FORCED to watch that show with my girlfriend tonight and I saw that little kid go nuts, I would have been forced to whip ass if that were my kid.

If nothing else, it made my arguement for not wanting kids much stronger
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm 22 and I sure the hell remember getting my ass tanned by my parents on more than one occasion.  My mother used implements (Usually a wooden hairbrush) to getthe job done.  I got spanked because I needed it, not because my parents were abusive.  Kids are generally not capable of higher reasoning.  You wouldn't try and use logic on your dog, you don't try and use it on your kid.  They understand ass pain, and when used judiciously, it can be an excellent teaching tool.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow all this way and no one has posted this?  www.maddox.xmission.com/beat.html
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Kids are generally not capable of higher reasoning...

...because they are beaten into obedience rather than TAUGHT to trust, learn and understand like a rational human.

"Kids are generally not capable of higher reasoning" - so instead of TEACHING them to develop their higher reasoning, hitting them is better.

Corporal punishment teaches a child a HELL of a lot more about "how to control people" than "how to act right".

But I can start to see why so many parents choose to "go for the belt" rather than try to build higher reasoning in their children - because it's so much more efficient to threaten physical attack than to REASON and TEACH children. Teaching them takes so much time and consistency - beating is so much more utilitarian. And besides, if all that the parents want is OBEDIENCE - who cares about teaching self-discipline, self-control, respect for others, trust or responsibility.

BTW, to equate the learning process in small children with that of dogs is exactly what moral relativists do to justify giving dogs human rights and treating babies as disposable garbage. In short - it's just plain ignorant and asinine.

I can't fucking believe 90% of parents here hit their kids to get them to trust, respect mindlessly obey you.

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Amen.

I've never hit my children and am constantly complimented on their behavior. I suggest that the parents featured on "Nanny 911" are morons, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#37]
My first one is almost here, but I sure as hell will be spanking the kid if s/he misbeahves in a great manner........

not liek my dad did mind you, that was rude and excessive......   But if the child exhausts all other means of punishment and reasoning
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Kids are generally not capable of higher reasoning...

...because they are beaten into obedience rather than TAUGHT to trust, learn and understand like a rational human.

"Kids are generally not capable of higher reasoning" - so instead of TEACHING them to develop their higher reasoning, hitting them is better.

Corporal punishment teaches a child a HELL of a lot more about "how to control people" than "how to act right".

But I can start to see why so many parents choose to "go for the belt" rather than try to build higher reasoning in their children - because it's so much more efficient to threaten physical attack than to REASON and TEACH children. Teaching them takes so much time and consistency - beating is so much more utilitarian. And besides, if all that the parents want is OBEDIENCE - who cares about teaching self-discipline, self-control, respect for others, trust or responsibility.

BTW, to equate the learning process in small children with that of dogs is exactly what moral relativists do to justify giving dogs human rights and treating babies as disposable garbage. In short - it's just plain ignorant and asinine.

I can't fucking believe 90% of parents here hit their kids to get them to trust, respect mindlessly obey you.

I take it you haven't had a kid scream for HOURS after being sent to bed? There's not much reasoning with a 4 year old that pulls that shit.....course, that way my girlfriend's kid, not mine, and he did stay with his dad most of his life.....hmmmm
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I do my best not to spank my 3 y/o and it is fairly rare for him to need it, but when he just won't listen or hits/bites/pinches he gets a spanking.

If something such as a time-out will do, I'll do that.  But there are times when you need to get harsher.  Never used an object though......don't think I ever will.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Sorry, you are wrong.  I know a lot of people with a lot of different types of kids.  Some, put in a correct environment, are very obedient.  These parents then get big headed and think they must be perfect.  

On a related note, I knew a guy who told me "never EVER spank a dog! If you raise it right, you can housebreak it and teach it anything without a spanking".  And he was really into dogs.  Well one time he gets a new dog that just turned out to be a little bitch, no matter what he did.  One time it shit all over his house and I asked him what he did and he said "I whipped it's ass!!"

When I was growing up I knew my dad meant business and guess what, I still had to learn everything the hard way. I got more spankings than I can remember and finally decided to cut the shit and shape up.

Respectfully, man, if you raise kids that *never* need spankings, you either have naturally well behaving boys (my brother) or girls, in my experience.

Btw I have two boys, 4yo and 9mo.

I am assuming by "beat", you mean just regular spankings also, not a real "beating".

PS I've also watched the Nanny shows and I can't imagine how on EARTH these people could be such idiotic parents.  It's insane.  Grownups being controlled completely by little kids.  And these kids are our future
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Midnight Bump...
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just thinking that...

I suspect he's hoping his parents will read this thread, and then spank his older brother for stealing his lollipop.

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I take it you haven't had a kid scream for HOURS after being sent to bed?

Nope. Never had a single instance of a "struggle" to get him into bed. He's in bed between 8:00pm and 8:30pm every night (unless we're out late on special occasion). Never much of a struggle at all to get him ready and into bed. It all comes down to establishing a routine and instilling consistent expectations in the child starting from infancy.

But I DO know kids that DID regularly scream for over an hour almost every night. It was obvious that inconsistent parenting was the source of it. Also, lack of respect from the parents - children were "ordered" to get ready for bed rather than "reminded" to. It was also obvious that all that screaming and rebellion was a power struggle more than anything else. Parents didn't respect the individuality of the kid and the kid didn't respect the authority of the parent.

IMO, a LOT of kid's bad behavior starts as needless power struggles on the parent's part (wanting to instill "dominance" rather than "authority" over their kids) and inconsistent patterns of simply routines, expecations and consequences.

There's not much reasoning with a 4 year old that pulls that shit.....course, that way my girlfriend's kid, not mine, and he did stay with his dad most of his life.....hmmmm
Yep. Not much you can do at this point.

The parents fucked up.

They can't even take care of their own relationship and they're supposed to teach and model proper relationships and trust for their kid????

Sounds like the girlfriend is way too immature or irresponsible to "raise" a kid so instead she beats the kid into obedience? Nice catch there mon.

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I squirt my cat with a water bottle when she acts up.
Seriously... My dad spanked me if I deserved it.
My mom hit me once when she was going through menopause and was all screwy from the medication.
Me: Hay Ma. How was your day?
Mom: SLAP!
Me: What was that for?
Mom: ::Tears:: I Don't knoooooowww.
Me: uhhhhh... I'm sorry?
Me: Your not going to slap me again are you?
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Remember: never take shit from your kids. You make payments on the house, utilities, their clothes, school, and their food. You own them. If they don't like it, they can move out. If you love your kids, love them enough to beat them so that they don't grow up to be idiots.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Respectfully, man, if you raise kids that *never* need spankings, you either have naturally well behaving boys (my brother) or girls, in my experience.

I am assuming by "beat", you mean just regular spankings also, not a real "beating".

I think some (very very few) kids MAY have dangerously aggressive tendencies, but I think good consistent parenting and environment right from the start can shape most normal children into fairly good kids without resorting to beating/hitting/spanking/corporal punishment.

Maybe I do have a naturally well-behaved kid - but I've seen a LOT of examples of bad parenting matched with bad-behaving kids and I don't think I've seen an example of really good parenting matched with bad-behaving kids.

I'm just amazed so many folks with kids here beat/spank their kids to get them to obey. I just can't relate.

I know some kids act bad - real bad. But IMO, unless there's some organic brain syndrome in the kid - for the most part, shaping kid's behavior comes down to good, consistent parenting not spanking.

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think some (very very few) kids MAY have dangerously aggressive tendencies, but I think good consistent parenting and environment right from the start can shape most normal children into fairly good kids without resorting to beating/hitting/spanking/corporal punishment.

Maybe I do have a naturally well-behaved kid - but I've seen a LOT of examples of bad parenting matched with bad-behaving kids and I don't think I've seen an example of really good parenting matched with bad-behaving kids.

I'm just amazed so many folks with kids here beat/spank their kids to get them to obey. I just can't relate.

I know some kids act bad - real bad. But IMO, unless there's some organic brain syndrome in the kid - for the most part, shaping kid's behavior comes down to good, consistent parenting not spanking.

Overall I pretty much agree with you, the correct parenting has to be there, but all kids are different.  My kid is an energetic powerhouse.  When he's happy he's happy, and just goes a mile a minute.  When he gets in a bad mood or frustrated he can turn all that energy into a screaming fit.  Sometimes it can be dealt with easily but other times he could literaly just turn it into an hour marathon.  A swat on the butt *always* resolves everything within 30 seconds, which is followed by hugs, "I love you", a short explaination of why what he did was bad now that he is calmed down and rational, an apology by him, and we move on.

Me and my brother were raised by the same parents, and he probably got one spanking ever.  That kid just knew he wasn't supposed to do bad stuff!
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I take it you haven't had a kid scream for HOURS after being sent to bed?

Nope. Never had a single instance of a "struggle" to get him into bed. He's in bed between 8:00pm and 8:30pm every night (unless we're out late on special occasion). Never much of a struggle at all to get him ready and into bed. It all comes down to establishing a routine and instilling consistent expectations in the child starting from infancy.

But I DO know kids that DID regularly scream for over an hour almost every night. It was obvious that inconsistent parenting was the source of it. Also, lack of respect from the parents - children were "ordered" to get ready for bed rather than "reminded" to. It was also obvious that all that screaming and rebellion was a power struggle more than anything else. Parents didn't respect the individuality of the kid and the kid didn't respect the authority of the parent.

IMO, a LOT of kid's bad behavior starts as needless power struggles on the parent's part (wanting to instill "dominance" rather than "authority" over their kids) and inconsistent patterns of simply routines, expecations and consequences.

There's not much reasoning with a 4 year old that pulls that shit.....course, that way my girlfriend's kid, not mine, and he did stay with his dad most of his life.....hmmmm
Yep. Not much you can do at this point.

The parents fucked up.

They can't even take care of their own relationship and they're supposed to teach and model proper relationships and trust for their kid????

Sounds like the girlfriend is way too immature or irresponsible to "raise" a kid so instead she beats the kid into obedience? Nice catch there mon.

Problem is, she won't spank him, and he realizes that he can get away with anything......he doesn't pull that kind of crap around me anywhere near as often as he does when I'm not around.....I was spanked as a child, sure I didn't like it then, but I now know that it made me better. I was a little shithead and wouldn't listen sometimes, and the belt brought me back to my senses when nothing else would. Spanking shouldn't be about  "control" per se, but should be a consenquence for misbehaving. Just my 2 cents

-Storm
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 3:52:50 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just thinking that...

I suspect he's hoping his parents will read this thread, and then spank his older brother for stealing his lollipop.

Well, this one fits the thread better:
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 3:59:01 AM EDT
[#50]
How could you let your kids degenerate into controlling you and physically hurting you?

I just don't understand that. She must have never disciplined that child before.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top