Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/15/2005 6:38:50 PM EDT
I have noticed alot of dealers on the site who are non paying and most aren't even team members. The reason I post this is I know a few dealers on here who pay the 400.00 to support this great site, I don't think it's fair to them. We should have a dead beat dealers list, if you don't pay, you don't stay.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#2]
You should see some of the guys on here dealing just from Tn. It's a shame to the paying dealers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
pass them along to me at [email protected]. Chasing the freeloaders is getting to be a bigger and bigger part of my time

I will and hopefully some others do the same.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#8]
What about the guys with team memberships but 95%+ of their posts are in the EE forums? They clearly aren't here as enthusiasts.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#11]
This one doesn't even know where to post (search member name)

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=236432
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 2:11:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What about the guys with team memberships but 95%+ of their posts are in the EE forums? They clearly aren't here as enthusiasts.

And I'm sure most of them aren't making a living at it either. I post alot in the EE and all of my items are my own personal items. The EE is for people to buy,sell and trade, and that's exactly what most of us do. I loose alot more money than I make that's for sure. I like to do alot of buying, selling and trading to either upgrade what I have, sell stuff I don't use or don't need anymore.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This one doesn't even know where to post (search member name)

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=236432

Argh someone already told me about that one and I forgot.

I used to e-mail everyone of them with a "if you are a dealer you need to pay to advertise etc" e-mail, but about 75% of them never answer me (why should they, every day they duck me is another day of free sales) then most of the rest  just say

"Dealer, who me? Nah"
"Um you listed 12 NIB leupold scopes for sale"
"Oh, THOSE!, oh I FOUND those. Yeah I leave cookies by the back door and the elves leave me scopes. Besides I shouldn't have to pay I am only selling this stuff dirt cheap to help everyone else out! Oh did I metion that my kids are starving, I fought in the Spanish American War with Teddy Roosevelt and that you suck?"

Aimless you rousted a veteren?!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well 4 down....

Wow. You work fast.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#21]
i don't know about anyone else, but i feel more confident buying from people with "dealer" written under their name.

even if it's a few bucks more, it's worth it IMO.

i know anyone can rip you off, but i like the best odds i can get.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#22]

What's worst are the individual(s) who sit on the EE 24/7 and snap up any good deals that come along. Then a week later they are selling the very same item(s) at a 40% markup!

Shameful.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
What's worst are the individual(s) who sit on the EE 24/7 and snap up any good deals that come along. Then a week later they are selling the very same item(s) at a 40% markup!

Shameful.

Ya, tapco and cdnn have a sale and people turn around and try selling them here for 4x the money.  Then when you try to say something like "you know tapco is selling that for X" Everybody and their momma is jumping down your neck for stomping on the guy's ad.   When the seller is the one try to screw us?
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shameful.

Ya, tapco and cdnn have a sale and people turn around and try selling them here for 4x the money.  Then when you try to say something like "you know tapco is selling that for X" Everybody and their momma is jumping down your neck for stomping on the guy's ad.   When the seller is the one try to screw us?

Last time I tried that I got the same reaction.  "We are big bois, We dont need you telling us were we can waste our money"
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#27]
I would saying yes it is a problem, unless the dealer is selling a product that no other dealers offers and that said product being only useful to a small number of people.

Case in point:  PK90 NJ Legal 15 Round Mags.

What other dealer sells 15 round mags (or who would actually want to?).  Paul starts out with BM 10 rounders and does the conversion himself.  Very time consuming.  This is more like a community service Paul is providing.  The mags are the only thing Paul sells on this board.  Ed Sr. orignally locked his thread, but after some consideration, it was unlocked.

As for members dealers like these:

The Tic00

Loknload

loknload

loknload

Crackerjack101

Crackerjack101

LOCK'EM
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I would saying yes it is a problem, unless the dealer is selling a product that no other dealers offers and that said product being only useful to a small number of people.

What other dealer sells 15 round mags (or who would actually want to?).  Paul starts out with BM 10 rounders and does the conversion himself.  Very time consuming.  This is more like a community service Paul is providing.  The mags are the only thing Paul sells on this board.  Ed Sr. orignally locked his thread, but after some consideration, it was unlocked.

Loknload

loknload

loknload

LOCK'EM

Locknload is tommy with Georgia precision.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boomer, I know, that's always a tough call to make. There've always been guys that basically only came here for the EE. The intent is that it's for selling stuff you have lieing around, not for running an e-bay type side business off of. On the other hand if you stumble across a crate full of old take off m16 furniture at an Army Navy store and get a deal on it and take it home to part it off on the EE and make a couple of bucks on it, good for you. With so many new accounts, and fake accounts, it's tough to week out the e-bay refugees.

Shit, I've been trying to unload a bunch triangle handguards and no ones interested.
All I want is a mag for each set. They're in really good shape, refinished with alumahydeII and the look da bomb. I have them in the "Wanted to Trade" forum and I'm heading over to bump the post right now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Loknload

loknload

loknload

LOCK'EM

So what, lockem anyways!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a question: Does my poker thread make me a "dealer"?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Yes, now go in the corner!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not paying! Neener, neener!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:52:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Here's another obvious one.
gundealer3
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
gundealer3

That's perposterous! That guy is most definitley not a gun dealer!

The only problem is that people keep patronizing them. I mean, on that thread, we have team members begging the guy for one more.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
gundealer3

That's perposterous! That guy is most definitley not a gun dealer!

The only problem is that people keep patronizing them. I mean, on that thread, we have team members begging the guy for one more.

Also known as a free loader.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not paying! Neener, neener!

You've paid enough.  Send complaints to me.

I got no complaints. Everything I've done are selfish attempts to curry favor with Mods/Staff/Owners of this site. And I'm an attention whore.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#42]
If the Mods would have locked this account this woudn't happen again, AKA georgiaprecision, ( also a non paying dealer )

loknload

Quoted:

Quoted:

Loknload

loknload

loknload

LOCK'EM

Link Posted: 5/27/2005 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
If the Mods would have locked this account this woudn't happen again, AKA georgiaprecision, ( also a non paying dealer )

loknload

Quoted:

Quoted:

Loknload

loknload

loknload

LOCK'EM

I knew it was him when I saw the ad for permasilk g
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 4:49:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 5:02:30 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Here s My 2 cents

I am about the Oldest Dealer on the Board . I was First Dealer to Pay Dealer fees and I helped
Goatboy set up Dealer System when it became Clear that for the Board to stay on Line more
funds needed to be taken in to help pay the bills to keep it all going. Goatboy and ED Sr kept
it all going a long time with no fees what so ever coming in.

Yes Its true we need to deal quickly with  freeloaders that sell non personal gear in volume for
profit. The Mods and there a a lot of them now , need to be on lookout for this. BUT almost
WORSE is the Fraud that goes on .  BRAND switching . that is Cheating the Buyers Some by Non
Paying Dealers and some By Dealers.

Example Some GUY LISTED RRA stock kits for About $52 as I remember shipped Priority with 2 springs in the deal Yes two springs . Well Dealer cost on RRA stocks are $60 each plus ship to
get them in a dealers door. There are many Cheapknock offs out there that are made of less quality
This is what this guy was selling. When I had a few e-mails back and forth  he admited that he did not know if they were RRA This  goes on With paid dealers also  Selling STAG ARMS items and not calling
it STAG ARMS. is just one resent example of it. I get buyers all the time that e-mail me saying how
that got ripped off by Brand switching from other dealers like . Cheap China Charge Handles of Parts sets that were sold  as Name Brand stuff .  but were crap. Thanking me for Real RRA Parts That I sent.
The Problem has got so bad RRA had to Buy a laser marking Machine and Now marks Factory Uppers
and Stuff Like A3 Detach handles and plans on marking more of their goods to protect their  good name being used by less than honest dealers.

I also  believe too many Dealers have been added to quickly. There are only so many dealers you can have in one spot selling same BRAND.Before it is no longer possibe to sell at a price that dealers need to sell at to make a go of it.  Some dealers do not have enough $$$$ behind them and when they get many backorders in at once they need to sell extra fast to pay for the stuff
and sometimes sell at just a few dollars over cost. Well that makes it damn hard for legit dealers to
make a Fair Profit when you have a underfunded dealer having a FIRE SALE. So when  you throw in UNPAID Dealers into that mix its EXTRA Hard. So Yes Its VERY Clear that the Mods need To Crack
down HARD on UnPaid Dealers. But also make it Clear to Paid Dealers that They need to use CORRECT
Brand names . List Contact Phone Numbers .Address  and contact person info . We need  to clean this up its overdue.

Thanks

Pete
Legal Transfers

+1
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 5:10:22 AM EDT
[#46]
I have been accused of being a dealer, but really I’m just an active duty Air Force guy that just hangs out at the EE board.  First I will say that I'm not a dealer but have run three ads on the EE board in 8 months.  I like building my collection of black guns and also like trading and selling extra stuff I have collected.  The money I get, I use to increase my collection of black guns.  I posted the ad bellow and EdSr told me I'm acting like a dealer and asked me to remove the ad, so I removed the ad.
I read this thread and think that the sellers you have identified are clearly dealers they even have business names and numbers in their ad.  If the site owners are requiring you to pay for a dealer account if you are a dealer they should make that clear in the rules.  When you go read about the dealer account it just describes the advantages of the account.  When I started on this site only 8 months ago I read about all the different account types because I wanted to support the site the best I could.  I decided that the gold member was the right level for me.  My point is that the accounts are setup to provide a different level of service.  I don’t think others know you are required to buy the dealer package if you are a dealer so why not clearly define what a dealer is and tell them they are required to buy the dealer account?
I like this site a lot and support it; I also needed to sell some of the 20 lowers I bought after the ban to pay some bills.  I bought some of the lowers off this site and others. Every thing I have sold I personally own, I do not have an FFL or business and have to pay an FFL holder for the transfers.  I will loose money on these lower if I’m allowed to sell them. I have bought over $7K of stuff off this site and have sold two used colt uppers $450 and $350; I don’t think this makes me a dealer.  So I guess I’m another dealer in denial??

WTS: RRA/DPMS/LAR Lowers Stripped $110, 6 Position $255

All are new in stock, shipped to your FFL:

LAR Grizzly striped $110
RRA Stripped $120
RRA standard trigger, 6 position stock black $255(out)
RRA standard trigger, 6 position stock Green $260
DPMS standard trigger, 6 position stock Black $255
DPMS standard trigger, 6 position stock Green $260

Prices are money order, paypal add 3%.

Thanks Glenn

Standing by to be flamed
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Here s My 2 cents

I am about the Oldest Dealer on the Board . I Believe I was First Dealer to Pay Dealer fees and I helped Goatboy set up Dealer System when it became Clear that for the Board to stay on Line more
funds needed to be taken in to help pay the bills to keep it all going. Goatboy and ED Sr kept
it all going a long time with no fees what so ever coming in.

Yes Its true we need to deal quickly with  freeloaders that sell non personal gear in volume for
profit. The Mods and there a a lot of them now , need to be on lookout for this. And when We
Find them is some cases we should not be inviting them to be a dealer If they were cheating us
to begin with.  ban them.

BUT almost WORSE is the Fraud that goes on .  BRAND switching . that is Cheating the Buyers Some by Non Paying Dealers and some By Dealers.

Example Some GUY LISTED RRA stock kits for About $52 as I remember shipped Priority with 2 springs in the deal Yes two springs . Well Dealer cost on RRA stocks are $60 each plus ship to
get them in a dealers door. There are many Cheapknock offs out there that are made of less quality
This is what this guy was selling. When I had a few e-mails back and forth  he admited that he did not know if they were RRA This  goes on With paid dealers also  Selling STAG ARMS items and not calling
it STAG ARMS. is just one resent example of it. I get buyers all the time that e-mail me saying how
that got ripped off by Brand switching from other dealers like . Cheap China Charge Handles of Parts sets that were sold  as Name Brand stuff .  but were crap. Thanking me for Real RRA Parts That I sent.
The Problem has got so bad RRA had to Buy a laser marking Machine and Now marks Factory Uppers
and Stuff Like A3 Detach handles and plans on marking more of their goods to protect their  good name being used by less than honest dealers.

I also  believe too many Dealers have been added to quickly. There are only so many dealers you can have in one spot selling same BRAND.Before it is no longer possibe to sell at a price that dealers need to sell at to make a go of it.  Some dealers do not have enough $$$$ behind them and when they get many backorders in at once they need to sell extra fast to pay for the stuff
and sometimes sell at just a few dollars over cost. Well that makes it damn hard for legit dealers to
make a Fair Profit when you have a underfunded dealer having a FIRE SALE. So when  you throw in UNPAID Dealers into that mix its EXTRA Hard. So Yes Its VERY Clear that the Mods need To Crack
down HARD on UnPaid Dealers. But also make it Clear to Paid Dealers that They need to use CORRECT
Brand names . List Contact Phone Numbers .Address  and contact person info . We need  to clean this up its overdue.

Thanks

Pete
Legal Transfers

+1

Quoted:
I have been accused of being a dealer, but really I’m just an active duty Air Force guy that just hangs out at the EE board.  First I will say that I'm not a dealer but have run three ads on the EE board in 8 months.  I like building my collection of black guns and also like trading and selling extra stuff I have collected.  The money I get, I use to increase my collection of black guns.  I posted the ad bellow and EdSr told me I'm acting like a dealer and asked me to remove the ad, so I removed the ad.
I read this thread and think that the sellers you have identified are clearly dealers they even have business names and numbers in their ad.  If the site owners are requiring you to pay for a dealer account if you are a dealer they should make that clear in the rules.  When you go read about the dealer account it just describes the advantages of the account.  When I started on this site only 8 months ago I read about all the different account types because I wanted to support the site the best I could.  I decided that the gold member was the right level for me.  My point is that the accounts are setup to provide a different level of service.  I don’t think others know you are required to buy the dealer package if you are a dealer so why not clearly define what a dealer is and tell them they are required to buy the dealer account?
I like this site a lot and support it; I also needed to sell some of the 20 lowers I bought after the ban to pay some bills.  I bought some of the lowers off this site and others. Every thing I have sold I personally own, I do not have an FFL or business and have to pay an FFL holder for the transfers.  I will loose money on these lower if I’m allowed to sell them. I have bought over $7K of stuff off this site and have sold two used colt uppers $450 and $350; I don’t think this makes me a dealer.  So I guess I’m another dealer in denial??

WTS: RRA/DPMS/LAR Lowers Stripped $110, 6 Position $255

All are new in stock, shipped to your FFL:

LAR Grizzly striped $110
RRA Stripped $120
RRA standard trigger, 6 position stock black $255(out)
RRA standard trigger, 6 position stock Green $260
DPMS standard trigger, 6 position stock Black $255
DPMS standard trigger, 6 position stock Green $260

Prices are money order, paypal add 3%.

Thanks Glenn

Standing by to be flamed

Dealers either have a FFL or a business that pertains to the sale of firearm accessories, they do this to make money. If you have either one of these then you would be considered a dealer, if not then you do what I and most other people in the EE do, buy, sell and trade your own personal items.

Link Posted: 5/27/2005 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#48]
we got another unpaying dealer

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=271991
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#49]
what a moron.. "I'm a LMT dealer"

Don't these people REALIZE that you make more money by ponying up????  

I have and will continue to choose AR15.com dealers and site sponsors over others again and again......

Link Posted: 5/27/2005 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I have and will continue to choose AR15.com dealers and site sponsors over others again and again......

As Mike at CS Gunworks takes more of my money, I gotta give that a +1 . Besides, I like dealing with the  'active' board dealers. They aren't going to screw you over, readily answer questions, are price competitive (I am not going to try to save $5.00 buying from some ebay scammer), and help support the board.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top