[#5]
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 6:09:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for doing this dude.
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 6:15:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 6:20:17 AM EDT
[#8]
It baffles me that there are 80 million+ gun owners in this country and only 4 mil NRA members.
I am getting my dad a membership for father's day.
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 6:35:06 AM EDT
[#9]
That thread got me thinking also and I reviewed my finances ...twice and unfortunately I cannot join right now.

But I will be able to afford it next starting with my next paycheck and I will submit my application for the EPL plan @ $25/quarter
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 6:39:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll pick up two more. Just lemme know what I need to do, VA!
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#11]
That is a generous offer!
I, for one, am more than capable of paying, have been a member in the past and literally contributed thousands to the NRA.
However, I stopped when I realized that they are not in it to win this, as they certainly can. As with most organizations such as this they become a part of the fictional system of government.
I am not sure what the membership numbers are now but one thing I know is that this is the largest organization of its type in the world. They have the political clout to turn this fight for the second on its head. They have a large enough membership to take on the federal government and stop every action, probably reverse, that we have been encumbered with over the last century.
There are a few issues here that prevent success; first, a good portion of the membership is in actuality anti-second. When you have a group within that decries the availability of firearms such as the AR you have to ascertain what the issue is that fosters this mentality. Some are just ignorant of the facts and not realize that when they can completely ban the weapons we enjoy the government will be right after those hunting rifles. Of course when you think along these lines you realize that these people have their own selfish motives.
Second, the NRA, like so many other organizations, is unwilling to go to the mat. They are unwilling to work with other organizations, outside the pro-gun movement, who understand that there is a problem.
In general they refuse to address the big picture. We have a very big problem in this country and that is abuse of power. Let's remember that career people who are there from administration to administration run the government, they care little for who is in the White House and who is in control of congress. They do what they will for the sake of their own agenda. Lawyers and judges, for the most part, simply refuse to abide by the rule of law and that includes NRA lawyers. They go into court and abide by the status quo. They will not confront judges and will stay within that box that prevents us from having a victory. The staff of the NRA is no better.
Before someone starts with the well what would we do without organizations like the NRA, remember that they have become part of the overall problem rather that a solution. If their strategy is to fight within this system that has become corrupt than they are simply fostering the inevitable.
We have many legal issues in this country that can be addressed and when intertwined with the argument for the right to keep and bear arms will turn this battle in our favor. I have presented them to the NRA and the answer is typically that the membership does not want to know or does not understand all these issues and what they mean.
I suggest that with the membership of this organization we have the basis to start a very strong political group that can make an impact, but we must learn and understand the laws of this land and that of our states. Let’s for once take the battle to the government and not stand by while they take all our rights.
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I just upgraded to Bronze last week, but I will join the NRA this week.
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll renew my membership to the NRA ONLY if the NRA lobbyists show up in Trenton to bust some BALLS. We need some help over here.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Nice gesture.
I can see where your intentions are good.

BUT,,,,

Hopefully it will take more than a measely $20 bribe to get people to turn their back on their principals.

But then again, the nra does that every day.

If they would just start doing what they claim to advocate they would not constantly have to beg or BRIBE people to get their money.

The nra is just like jesse jackson`s rainbow coalition.

They don`t want to win,,,they just want your money.

Link Posted: 4/24/2005 7:13:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Let's try to keep this thread on topic. We already have a thread to debate the NRA and it's merits.

Sorry

You're doing a great thing here and I vented.
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I am interested.  For the first time in my life I have a little extra spending money (still in serious CC debt from college and VERY unwise spending).

ENGLT
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I could do $25 when I get paid on Thursday.  IM me your address and I'll get a check out to you.  Thanks for doing this.  It is just the incentive I needed to get off my butt and join again.  I was a NRA member years ago; but, I just let it lapse.

"That others might live."
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Good deal! That's like a Buy One Get One Free.
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I could do $25 when I get paid on Thursday.  IM me your address and I'll get a check out to you.  Thanks for doing this.  It is just the incentive I needed to get off my butt and join again.  I was a NRA member years ago; but, I just let it lapse.

Way to go Lifesaver and good for VA-gunnut .
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So here is your chance to help support two great groups at a discount. If you're interested, just post in this thread and I will IM you my contact info.

I been wanting to do both.  I'm in!
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#23]
great offer...
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Wow...  That sounds like a heck of a deal, to bad I am already a Life Member and my fellow NRA brothers are doing a great job.  Guess I need to start to get busy and recruit and meet my quota of ten for the year to the shooting sports.  

Way to go!
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Nice gesture.

BUT,,,,

Hopefully it will take more than a measely $20 bribe to get people to turn their back on their principals.

If they would just start doing what they claim to advocate they would not constantly have to beg or BRIBE people to get their money.

I see you're still at it.  How is that claim going that the NRA was selling us down the river and they were actually working to renew the AW ban.  Oh that's right, you were served a big cup of STFU when the ban expired weren't you.  Didn't you also claim the NRA execs make huge salaries?  I'm still waiting for you to publish those numbers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice gesture.

BUT,,,,

I see you're still at it.  How is that claim going that the NRA was selling us down the river and they were actually working to renew the AW ban.  Oh that's right, you were served a big cup of STFU when the ban expired weren't you.  Didn't you also claim the NRA execs make huge salaries?  I'm still waiting for you to publish those numbers.

Guys, please take this back to the other thread.
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Ill jump in on this. Ive been loofing off doing both. Two birds with one stone.

SNS
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#31]
I'll pick up 2. Im me and let me know where to send the money.
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#32]
What a deal! This is more than generous, guys. I'd jump on this in a heartbeat-- too bad I'm an Endowment NRA Member and Team Member already.

And if there were NO NRA, where would we be then? I admit I was a Neal Knox factionist-- but the next alternatives don't have near the clout. We use the tools we have-- and the last time I looked, the leadership is elected-- so if you don't vote, STFU.

A great big ATTA'BOY! to all the sponsors of this wonderful idea!

Edited for overenthusiastic spelling.
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ill jump in on this. Ive been loofing off doing both. Two birds with one stone.

SNS

I just replied to your IM.

Replied Back

Thanks to everyone who is doing this. Ive been a bit busy lately with my up comeing move and working two jobs. Seems like  I just never had the time. This was a great reminder to get off my ass. I still need to go join the state advocacy group.
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll pick up 2. Im me and let me know where to send the money.

IM sent, and thanks for chipping in!

No problem.
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#37]
They need to bring back the $500 lifetime memberships with quarterly payments..I could go for that. $750 is too steep for me..

Good luck with your drive..Great idea..

Link Posted: 4/24/2005 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Ever since I read what Nuge said last week at the convention, I have been wanting to join.  

I'm in.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2005 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
They need to bring back the $500 lifetime memberships with quarterly payments..I could go for that. $750 is too steep for me..

Good luck with your drive..Great idea..

I did the Easy pay life 25 bucks every three months. It wasnt bad at all
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Im intrested. What do I do?
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#44]
This sounds good to me. What do I need to do?
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 3:18:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 3:36:10 AM EDT
[#46]
This man is trying to do something positive, Please dont stomp on his thread with anti NRA rhetoric.

This is coming from someone who lost all faith and in the NRA and has taken leadership in FL when they ackknowledge us to task on many issues.
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Money and info sent.

BTT since there are still some open slots. This is a good deal guys.
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 3:17:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Come on lets fill up those three spots.
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Alrighty now, I'm in if there is a spot.  Stand up too be counted on.  Thanks for the offer.  rs
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top