Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2001 7:16:55 PM EDT
Forgive me, but I am having a really hard time figuring out the best way to go.

The Rock River ar15.com rifle, or a Bushmaster M4 e2 or e3.

The RR would be a little cheaper thanks to the group sale.  I can get the Bushy m4 for less than 800 from a dealer friend in KY.

Pro's and Con's please?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Bushy . I like it alot . It has a chrome lined barrel to increase longivity .
The RRA rifles are supposed to be good also but not chrome lined . They are cheaper though .
 I am looking at putting together another AR ,
I already have an extra Bushy barrel that I was thinking of mating with RRA upper and lower .
         Good Luck and god shooting .
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both the LEGP and a Bushmaster shorty.  Both are excellent rifles.  The major advantage that the Bushy has is a chrome lined chamber and barrel.  I think both are excellent choices for your money.  If the group purchase had not come along, I would have bought a post ban M4orgery from Bushmaster.  Here's my Pro and Con list.

Fit and Finish.
LEGP wins.  In fact it is almost too pretty to shoot, almost....

Accuracy.
With me shootin it's a tie.

Reliability.
So far the LEGP is winning. No failures so far.  My Bushmaster had several failures during its break-in.

Price
With the price you quoted then this would be a virtual tie.

With all this and a buck and a quarter and you can buy a cup of coffee.  If you already have an AR I would definitely recommend the LEGP.  Whichever one you choose you won't go wrong.

Aggie1

Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both also & while Bushmasters are high quality weapons, the LEGP are of even higher quality!!! If I had a choice, the LEGP would win hands down without a second thought.

I don't worry about the non-chrome lined barrels, other fine weapons such as the Garand, the 1903, Mausers & many battle worn & proven rifles are still around to this day without rusted barrels & they all have [b]non-chrome lined barrels[/b]

Just my $.02 worth.[8D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Bushy or Colt
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#5]

I too have both a Bushmaster and LEGP.   Both are fine rifles.  The finish on the LEGP is flawless.  Because of the price and the fact that it is a limited edition, I would have to go with the LEGP.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Only having real experience with Bushmaster AR15 type rifles, though i have heard the RRA are good products only. I have a Bushmaster M4A3 in what you U.S guys would call a "pre ban" config.

I have NO complaints about it, i have had it for 2 years now, not a single weapon induced malfunction(Hand on Bible). Shoot´s right where i want. Good to go all the way.

Other Bushmasters we have sold include the: 20" XM15E2S, 16" XM15E2S, 20" XM15E2S A3 models, have all been excellent weapons
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I have 3 bushies, I love all of them. I did have one malfunction problem on my xm15-e2s but it was user error more than anything. Let me tell you about the day I bought my first bushmaster: Bought it at Wades in Bellevue,Wa. oiled the bolt excessively with break free and shot 525 rounds the first day! What a break in- no problems at all.[heavy]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top