Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2001 9:03:49 AM EDT
The fourth of July will be my first anniversary.
I have racked my brain trying to figure out a gift for my lovely wife.
The first anniversary is traditionally paper.
If I don't think of something I will be in deep doo-doo and will probably get whooped.[B)]
Any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#1]
most fire works are made of paper. but roses cand and gold all do good too... just make sure it comes from the heart..i bet she got you fireworks because of the paper thing..
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Get her a nice arrangement of flowers.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Impress her with an LEGP. You're guaranteed to get you some.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Guns.....Guns....Guns.....and oh yeah....a card since its paper. Good luck and Congrats, the first year is the hardest.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Ahhhhhh.....Ed is a romantic...and right on the money. First anniversary? Yip some time at a B and B combined with some flowers and a nice meal. Yipper.
The thing is to remind her that after a year you would marry her all over again and she is the most important thing in the world to you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Umph Umph...The Love Doctor is in! (flipping door sign)

I always try to give the woman in mind a present that takes some effort or originallity to create.  Something like a song/poem I've composed for her and that particular occasion or a hand-made gift in addition to another gift.  Maybe even place an Origami figure on top of the store-bought gift.

In the case you stated, you say it is to be made of paper.  I would probably go buy a good book on Origami(Japanese paper folding)and make something very colorful and elaborate in addition to a store-bought gift.  Using good expensive paper for folding helps with the effect. Maybe place a poem created by you just for her inside the Origami figure.  Animals seem to win women a lot. IMO  

Not wrong, but don't forget anybody with some money can buy a gift for a woman.  Giving an original gift from the heart could only place more value on your relationship with her and she most likely will keep it forever!  I should also mention if you do a terrible job at folding an Origami figure and/or are lousy at song/poem writing, it could backfire in the gift's significance.

BTW, I'll be sending you my bill for this advice tomorrow.  Good luck and congrats on the anniversary!  [:)]

Alrightttty...The Love Doctor is now out. (flipping door sign again)

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
 [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/scooby1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Paper-schmaper...

Get her a Leupold matte Vari-X III 3.5-10 scope with a duplex reticle and target knobs.

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the good ideas.
I love this place. Guns, marriage advice, nude honeymoon pix....
What more could you ask for?
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#12]
1) Flowers - she'll enjoy it
2) Dinner at a nice restuarant - both of you will enjoy it
3) Lingerie - both of you will enjoy it but I think that you would enjoy it more!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#13]
We got married last year in Las Vegas on the fourth of July.  I had planned on going back this year for our anniversary. Since my cash flow is zero at the moment, that ain't gonna happen.  Someone in the chat room told me that they also got married on the fourth because there would always be fireworks on their anniversary.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#14]
[size=6]DON'T DO IT!!![/size=6]

Don't listen to these guys.

The only thing you need to remember about anniversaries (except the date) is:

EVERY ANNIVERSARY IS THE DIAMOND ANNIVERSARY.

Once you learn that, then every anniversary becomes the "new gun" anniversary for you. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I messed up last week and forgot my 2nd....so speaking from experience on this one I would have to say buy her a setting of your china pattern, chicks dig it, don't forget the flowers and sappy card!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
[size=6]DON'T DO IT!!![/size=6]

Don't listen to these guys.

The only thing you need to remember about anniversaries (except the date) is:

EVERY ANNIVERSARY IS THE DIAMOND ANNIVERSARY.

Once you learn that, then every anniversary becomes the "new gun" anniversary for you. [:)]
View Quote

Aren't you listening????!!!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe a Form4 for a DIAS? or a Form1 to convert one of your prebans to a SBR.  If you really want to go all out, an FFL in her name might make her happy if she is a shooter.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, I must agree!  Ed did have the best suggestion.  Heck, what do I know, I've been a confirmed bachelor and playboy for a little over a year!  Don't know anything about anniversaries.  

How did I get the Love Doctor title?  Easy! All you do is send in $10.00 to some address, get certificate in mail in 15 days.  

I'm gonna send for the Marriage Counselor certificate, next!    [:D]

BTW, I really do give the woman in my life original gifts.  

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
 [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/scooby1.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top